[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet fox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
I am considering buying a Shadow Arctic Fox as a pet. Anyone have any insight or advice?

I guess my initial questions are regarding lifespan and the fox being left alone (i work around 8-5 mon-fri)
>>
If you need to ask us you're already boned.
>>
>>2019779
C'mon, man. Need is kind of a strong word..
>>
>shadow arctic fox
Whats the fucking point? It won't even keep the color into adulthood. Why a fox to begin with? Just get a dog.
>>
>>2019796
I'd rather just go with what i've already decided and get some advice from FOX OWNERS. I feel like you're accusing me of being the kind of person who gives a shit about your opinion as someone who has never owned a fox.
>>
>>2019814
/an/ isn't the place for special snowflake animals and the dumbasses who want them. I also take back what I said about a dog too, since a dog shouldn't be left alone for that long much less an exotic animal you'll inevitably fuck up on and get tired of once you find out they're incredibly shitty pets.
>>
File: 1194.gif (2 MB, 306x230) Image search: [Google]
1194.gif
2 MB, 306x230
>>2019816
>>
>>2019814
they bite, shit everywhere, are loud, stink, need a fuckton of space/exercise, aren't cuddly/affectionate, can't be legally vaccinated against rabies, and it's illegal in many places without the correct permits

what the hell were you expecting? there's only one or two people on here who have tried and will tell you the same thing. that they're shit special snowflake pets and you're better off with a dog or cat that you can't fuck up as bad
>>
>>2019827
I was expecting them to fuckin awesome or some shit pretty much.
>>
>>2019776
They aren't too affectionate and they tear up EVERTHING. Not to mention they need lots of space and will spend all night and day tearing around the house making those god awful noises. Some are ok though, I think it really depends the animals personality. but all in all 10/10 would not recommend
>>
>>2019844
On top of that, OP works from 8-5, five days a week. A fox would go completely batshit insane, more than they usually are even with someone to keep an eye on them almost 24/7. They aren't going to lay there in the corner and wait for you like a dog might.
>>
>>2019848
eight to five is no gud for dogg either. is lonely, is bored
>>
>>2019843
>I want a pet for the sole purpose of entertaining me and expect it to be exactly like a dog in terms of needs and behavior
>>
File: get.gif (121 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
get.gif
121 KB, 500x276
>>2020042
>>
had an arctic fox specifically. they will bite you, will not litter train, will be very sparingly affectionate, probably won't get along with other animals, be very destructive - needs to be kept outside. most cities won't let you have them anyway. 8 to 5 job is not compatible with having a fox. arctic foxes are also the longest lived species of any fox, with one person I know having an arctic for 20 years.
>>
File: 1450590788328.jpg (57 KB, 351x440) Image search: [Google]
1450590788328.jpg
57 KB, 351x440
>>2020517
Thank you. You had the only post here that was worth a shit. You are not a faggot.
>>
>>2020568
Multiple people gave you real advice, you just chose to ignore them.
>>
>>2019814

you arent looking for advice. you're looking for validation of this idiotic decision you've clearly already decided to make.

so, go ahead, get that damn fox. leave it alone in your house for 8 hours a day, let it shit everywhere, let it bite you and everything you own and then, in a few weeks, you can decide to get rid of it and maybe make back 1/4 of what you spent on it even though you'll still post it on CL for the same price you bought it with. but hey, at least youll get a few cool new pics to put on your ig/facebook!

have fun dick.
>>
>>2019776
I pray to fucking God you're a 14 year old who can't make decisions yet. There's no way you aren't; no grown man would be this autistic.

Really though, you need to look at yourself a little bit before you consider anything other than a goldfish. You should never be offended or personally attacked when people tell you that you aren't compatible with an animal. Their welfare is more important than your pride, and until you realize that, you'll never be a good pet owner. It's unlikely you are now, and it's unlikely you ever will be unless you grow the hell up.
>>
File: IMG_20150801_140541:nopm:.jpg (591 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150801_140541:nopm:.jpg
591 KB, 2048x1152
I'm usually away for work between 7-6 and after that I usually fuck off and do /tg/ related stuff until 9 - midnight. That's why I got a fucking cat.

Low mantenance and cute. Easier than fish imo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.