[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty sure my dog doesn't really like me and would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: dog.jpg (44 KB, 930x616) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
44 KB, 930x616
I'm pretty sure my dog doesn't really like me and would rather spend even more time with my mom, my uncle or her best doggyfriend.
What do I do?
I was thinking suicide but I'm open to other suggestions.
>>
Bribery.
>>
YOU MUST DOMINATE
>>
>>2019466
Be the only one to feed it
Cuddle it often
play with often (fetch, tug of war, wrastling)
Walk it a couple times a day.
>>
>>2019782
I don't want her to get bad habits. Also the reason I don't want to teach her to give her paw. "HEY DOGGO LOL COME HERE, GIVE PAW PLOX, HERE HAVE BISCUITS" and then have the dog permanently beg at the table and offer her paw to everyone. Fuck that. My uncle gave her a bit of meat all of fucking once and some crisps once and now she's permanently glued to him around meal times and will always come check on him whenever there's salt biscuits and alcohol on the table.

>>2019788
I already dominate your mom, I don't think I could dominate both real well.

>>2019829
I feed her 2/3rd of the times already, and I'm the only one who ever fills her Kong.
I cuddle her often, I guess.
I play a lot with her too, but I think she still plays more with the other dog. (But then I do have troubles playing tug of war for two hours with barely any break, I mean, come on, they barely ever stop playing when they're together.)
I do that already. Also when my uncle takes the mentioned best doggyfriend to the park, he drops by and takes us too. But then, out, she absolutely ignores me entirely and just focuses on the other dog and my uncle. Even when I fucking call her, lure her with biscuits and shit, she just goes to sit in front of my uncle and waits for him to give her stuff.
>>
>>2019466
Do you have access to menstrual blood? If so smear it all over yourself and your dog will love you.
>>
More of her food coming from you. More training sessions (with treats or toys involved.) More interaction. That's the basic formula you're looking for. Adjust accordingly based on your current actions.

Also, as far as her best doggyfriend: Some dogs just really like the company of other dogs, even preferring it to an extent. It's just her personality. I would work on training her to come to you even with the distraction of other dogs around (high value treats and rewards for success here) so she will listen to you while she's playing with other dogs. But other than that I wouldn't worry. She just likes playing with her doggyfriend a lot.

>>2019886
>Also the reason I don't want to teach her to give her paw. "HEY DOGGO LOL COME HERE, GIVE PAW PLOX, HERE HAVE BISCUITS" and then have the dog permanently beg at the table and offer her paw to everyone
She may try that but if you (and everyone else) do NOT reward her for pawing you at the table, she will learn that doing it doesn't get her treats unless you ask her to do it.

My dog knows how to give a paw (right or left) on command but she never uses this to beg for food because she knows I will not feed her if she's being obnoxious. In fact she doesn't do any annoying begging behavior because I am very careful not to reward behaviors like this, and instruct everyone else who's around her not to either. Others are informed that if she's doing anything they don't appreciate, that they should NOT feed her while she's doing it.

By only rewarding behaviors I wanted her to repeat, I taught her two ways of appropriate "begging:"
A) simply lay calmly at the person's feet and relax
B) sit a respectful distance away and look at the person upsidedown (pic related--it's cute as fuck)

In either case she knows that she might or might not get a treat or two, but if she doesn't, she doesn't get annoying or pushy because she knows if she does that, she absolutely will get nothing out of it.
>>
>dog rarely got walked
>implement daily walks
>dog gets fucking obsessed with me
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.