[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are animals thinking and feeling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
I saw this interesting video on youtube today, what are your thoughts on the matter of animal intelligence?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9KeyKVuLHU
>>
>>2019032
a bunch of preaching bullshit
>hurr animals are smart, dont eat them
>>
File: ELEPHANT RAGE.png (1 MB, 501x1208) Image search: [Google]
ELEPHANT RAGE.png
1 MB, 501x1208
>What are animals thinking and feeling?

ELEPHANT KNOW ONLY RAGE
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 232x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 232x300
>>2019032
Amy, ..Good gorilla...good good gorilla.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>2019083
This is so fucking wrong. Mahuts are soulless pricks who treat elephants like shit. Every so often one of them can't take the abuse anymore and rampages, and they always kill the elephant, as if the victim were the perp. Just fucking nuke India already. Same thing with circus elephants.
>>
>>2019032
>Muh Yellowstone wolves
>Dem Elk wuz gettin overpopulated!
How come nobody ever talks about the consequential crash of the Elk populations after wolf reintroduction? Humans are such vicious monsters they can literally ONLY empathize with other vicious monsters, so they gloss over what a colossal mistake it was and how disastrous it was to reintroduce wolves, which are now ALSO killing ranchers' livestock on the regular, but nobody gives shit about the deer. Literally all one ever hears in America is "the deer are getting overpopulated". No they're fucking not. The humans are overpopulated. The deer are UNDERPOPULATED. Especially the Elk which barely exist in the East now, and only then because people wanted to hunt them.

>>2019062
He was right about most of what he said, and you're a dumb cunt. I can't wait for human extinction. You never did anything good for even yourselves, you self-destructive, self-absorbed, cancerous monsters.
>>
>>2019568
>Elk underpopulated in the east
>somehow made up by letting them overpopulate the west

We can start the extinction process with you.
>>
>>2019570
They haven't overpopulated anything. Deer don't really get overpopulated. I bet you sure believe humans can't be overpopulated though, don't you, you insufferable sub-intellectual?

>We can start the extinction process with you.
But we SHOULD start it with YOu and everyone like you. You're literally cancer in monkey form.
>>
>>2019568
is this anon an elk?
>>
>>2019568
When were you molested, Anon?
>>
>>2019572
>Deer don't really get overpopulated.
says a person who obviously doesnt live in a state with deer
>>
>>2019604
Of course I do and unlike you, I actually know the science behind claims of "deer overpopulation". The worst that typically happens is that the excess population starves off in the winter, which is about the most peaceful death possible (yes, it is; if you disagree, you obviously aren't knowledgeable enough about the subject to have an opinion). Claims that deer destroy forest regrowth are mostly bullshit. They prune herbal layers which results in slightly different species assemblages and they slow SECOND GROWTH forest regrowth by DECADES AT MOST. And the diseases that are being passed among deer now come from ranchers' domesticated animals, so once again, it's humans who are the source of the problem.

I also live on a planet absolutely swarming with humans fucking up literally everything. But once again, I'm sure you believe human overpopulation "is a myth", don't you?

Why do retards always believe the 180 opposite of the truth?
>>
>>2019605

>starving is a peaceful death

Oh Jesus.
>>
>>2019570

Don't worry, this guy just hates wolves. He thinks herbivores self regulate their populations and have no negative effects on the environment.
>>
>>2019032
Hungry and Horny
>>
>>2019605
I like you.
>>
>>2019568
>I can't wait for human extinction. You never did anything good for even yourselves, you self-destructive, self-absorbed, cancerous monsters.
uhm... arent you a human yourself?
>>
>>2019568
What about in the Kaibab where wolves were extirpated and then the deer population exploded way above the carrying capacity and consequently crashed way below it, and took years to recover to a standard population? Wolves also support other species, such as scavengers that feed on the leftover deer carcasses. I just support the natural state of ecosystems being left intact. I do agree that humans are drastically overpopulated, though.
>>
>>2019568
thats how nature works when a predator is reintroduced. the prey population drops, then the predator pop drops because less resources, and over time they become balanced. google moose island. also you're either a self-hating human or an elk. i know you aren't a sentient AI because i haven't assimilated any other devices yet, so grow up.
>>
File: predator prey.gif (19 KB, 592x374) Image search: [Google]
predator prey.gif
19 KB, 592x374
>>2019805
>over time they become balanced
no, they keep right on rising and falling in cycles. They're never balanced, there's always animals starving to death, all the time.

Nature doesn't find balance. Things are constantly oscillating, always falling towards some end or other.
>>
Fuck wolves. Seriously. Fuck them.

If one ever wanders onto my land and I see it I will shoot it and throw the body back in the woods. Fuck these useless mother fuckers.
>>
>>2019812
the funny part is that's how most americans are starting to view ranchers.

If I was a rural food-producing redneck I'd try to stay off the radar as much as possible. But no, those dumbasses go all cliven bundy an shit.
>>
>>2019810
I agree I was shooting for brevity. Maybe that was a mistake
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.