[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I fucking grow Ivy /an/? All my other houseplants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: PEnglishivy.jpg (646 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
PEnglishivy.jpg
646 KB, 2048x1536
Why can't I fucking grow Ivy /an/?

All my other houseplants are doing fine but my I've gone through 3 Ivy plants that die in a few weeks. I have Orchids which are supposed to be harder than Ivy!

Every time I get a pot of Ivy it dies the same, it's leaves wilt and go dry, brittle and brown and they all drop off.

I give it plenty of water making sure the soil is wet and it has as much light as my other house plants.
>>
Sorta sudden temperature changes kills the plant
Check for fungus /spider mites.

Google watering and no rot
>>
>>2018692
So it's the same species as in your pic? I have english Ivy outside in a pot. It's darker than the pic because it gets excess sun. Maybe yours isn't getting enough sun. Maybe you don't have enough drainage. Although I initially had mine inside with less light and it was growing fine.

I just water it once a day during summer, couple hours of direct sunlight a day. Shitty pine bark potting mix.

It's not a sensitive plant. Unless you had some other kind of ivy.
>>
>>2018722
On my Ivy the leaves are lighter and the leaves have whitish green edges.
>>
I've always had trouble with Ivy too. Anything hedera doesn't do well indoors with me, but fine outdoors in the summer.

The issue I usually have is either spider mites, too much/too little water or both. I think the dry air indoors in the winter really disagrees with them (but not the spider mites.)

Sorry OP, I don't have an answer for you. I think everyone has one supposedly easy houseplant that they can't keep alive. :( Too bad, because they are very pretty. :(
>>
>>2019835
This. It's essential that the humidity is there, but too much humidity without airflow and you have a dead vine.

This stuff likes climbing high in nature, when it does this it's subjected to higher winds, and it loves it.

It also likes high nitrogen, do it 4channer style and give it a once a year watering of 1-50 piss and rainwater. Fertilizer is piss.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.