[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this beside a creek while out for a walk It was standing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (749 KB, 1936x1608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749 KB, 1936x1608
I found this beside a creek while out for a walk
It was standing beside a drain pacing back and forth meowing constantly, it had gotten its from left leg caught in its collar and it had rubbed the shoulder raw

Brought it home and called the number on its collar and it had been missing for 4 weeks
>>
I just sat near the drain and tapped the ground and my legs until in its pacing it edged closer and closer for me to grab it
Wasn't happy with the walk back
Cheered up when it got some food

I thought there might have been kittens or something in the drain.
But there was nothing in the drain that I could see, but it was late and my mobile couldn't illuminate much

Went back the next day and it was clean as a whistle :/

so I figure the pacing and meowing was just stress about being unable to get back up and hungry
>>
Have you ever rescued an animal /an/?
>>
There's something about that cat that I just can't put my finger on. Good job.

>>2011447
I was 14ish. I lived on a lake with my parents before I moved out, and I decided to ride the Jetski in the morning (really the first time in a long time). I see something that looks like a log in the distance so I check it out.
When I got out to the middle of the lake there was a hound swimming circles.
I grabbed him by the nape and brought him home on the Jetski.
Named him Prince. I assume that a hunter just said "fuck it" and left him while on a hunt or something.
>>
>>2011447
I rescued a dog (GSMD) earlier this year. I tried for a month and couldn't find the owner. Amazing doggie so I don't mind. he was in really bad condition and now is really healthy.

Only real issue I have is he pulls when he playfights. Like his teeth are really sharp and it hurts a lot. He doesn't bite down but the pulling hurts. The vet said he's probably around a year old so I assume both his teeth will stop being so sharp and he'll learn to not do that eventually.
>>
I found a white and yellow pitbull pup last winter while walking to a class. I ended up fashioning her a harness out of my boot strings (she was 7-8months I guess) but there were very little options as to where to hang out inside with a dog until the shelter people came. I ended up having to cary this heavy ass wriggling pup into an empty church lobby where no one was around until like five minutes before AC got there and then the dog piddled on the floor, lol. The guy didnt seem all that happy about it even though he was saying it was okay.

Got to spend a half hour with a cute dog though. Too much energy and pulling/muscle for me though.
>>
>>2011461
Looks like a dog.
Elongated snout.
>>
>>2011447
-Catsitted the 3 cats of a friend when he had a motorbike accident (kept one)

-rescued a wonded cat when 11, I named it marco polo cuz' he "went to china and back" (looked like a siamese cat in my kid brain) stayed at my mother's for 6yrs

-countless terrified hedgehogs because they get stuck into the drain next to the back of my house
>3 knock out birds because I work inna glass building
Magpies, sparrows and tiny crows going headbang in the shiny transparent windows of my office (at least one/spring) usually if not bleeding the birds are fine except this one pigeon
>be at desk job (yeah bibliography !)
>POOm
>windows is dislodged from mechanism reinforced glass is shattered and absolutely bloody.
>Pigeon had the remaining of it's head lodged between it's wings...
>PoomHeadshotut99.waw in my head
>end up laughing
> now there are red rond stickers on my office windows

Sorry for crude english, and fuck pigeons, anyone having crops know what i mean.
>>
Thats great, thank you for returning it to its owners
>>
My cat only is chipped no tat or collar. Does this mean if it gets out some dumbass will just think it's a stray with no ID?
>>
>>2012658
probably, yes. only professionals think about checking for chips. the general public can't be trusted to not shit in their own water, nevermind seek out the owner of a stray animal.
>>
>Be 11
>at school, it's outside gym time
>notice while waiting for the teacher to get gym equipment that all the other kids are throwing rocks at a pigeon
>Quickly run to the bird
>It was unable to fly away, one of its wings seemed hurt.
>Get a few rocks thrown at me before they stopped
>"Hey come on, we were having fun"
>Literally say "Fuck you guys, tell the teacher I'm going home to take care of this guy"
>Run through hole in the fence with birb.
>House is five minutes away
>Family is wondering why I'm home early, dad's pretty upset
>Tell them the birb story
>they give me a pat on the head and I give pigeon bread crumbs
>Keep it in my room for a bit, with a closed door of course
>It poops on my newly washed clothes
>tfw
>Turns out it can fly.
>Put it back into the wilderness and have some juice.
>>
>>2012723
d'aw you did a good thing
I'm sure your parents were very happy with you after you told them
>>
>>2012723
good work anon. i hope santa was extra good to you that year and i hope those kids are haunted by their cruelty.
>>
>>2012723
You saved the poop pidgeon of good pick man. Nice.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.