[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should you take off a dog's cone (whatever it is called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 0810-classic_cone_on.jpg (16 KB, 288x213) Image search: [Google]
0810-classic_cone_on.jpg
16 KB, 288x213
Should you take off a dog's cone (whatever it is called in English) when you feed it?
Pic related
>>
Only use the cone in instances where you can't directly stop the dog from doing what you don't want him to.
>>
>>2016928
Let's say I just had my dog desexed. Should I take off the cone when feeding it?
>>
>>2016930
not all dogs need an e-collar after being desexed, just so you know, but anyways

it should be fine unless you see the dog struggling to eat or something. if a dog needs to wear one at the shelter I work at we usually keep it on during feeding
>>
>>2016930
If you can monitor the dog enough to keep him from licking the stitches he doesn't need the cone. If he is going to be somewhere alone where you can't monitor him then use the cone.
>>
File: Shamecone win.webm (388 KB, 370x242) Image search: [Google]
Shamecone win.webm
388 KB, 370x242
>>2016923
If you have any other dogs, definitely.
>>
You can take it off while you're around to supervise it. It's just there to keep it from irritating their stitches. Some dogs won't touch them at all, some go to town on them.
>>
depends
>>
>>2017431
lol'd
>>
File: eishirt.jpg (78 KB, 432x768) Image search: [Google]
eishirt.jpg
78 KB, 432x768
>>2016930

ALL a cone does (in theory) is what >>2017436
said. If you're around to supervise and puppy isn't comfortable in the cone (our rough flipped out whenever she had a cone on) feel free to leave it off - just make sure she/he isn't touching her stitches.

If your dog really doesn't like a cone then pants (with a hole cut for the tail) and t-shirts work really well too. Pick related, an old work shirt and a pair of boxers for two weeks worked well for us.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.