[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boy died last night and I'm sad now. It was apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: DSCN3073.png (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3073.png
2 MB, 1280x960
My boy died last night and I'm sad now. It was apparently a heart attack and after researching feline heart disease the symptoms seem pretty obvious if you know to look for them, not that the treatments are all that helpful.

Can we have a baww thread about our dead animals?
>>
I've lost 3 throughout the years, either old age, or tragedy. Nothing I can say will take that hurt and loss away.

I know It hurts and I'm so very sorry for you. It sounds like he went quickly without much pain. Again, sorry for your loss.
>>
My fish died, I'll never have a pet again. I remember sobbing all day, It's fucked up to keep fish in tanks. I don't have time for a new pet though I'd want one like a bunny or kitten, It's not fair to the animal that I can't take care and I also worry a dog might kill me if I forget to feed him someday. So sadly, no more pets for me.
>>
If you're gonna go, heart attack is a good way to go. I was with my old cat when he died from one... it took maybe 2 minutes total, and he clearly wasn't aware or conscious for most of it. It's a relatively gentle death.

Sorry for your loss.
>>
Same dude my brown recluse died today i just cant stand it
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
It hurts
>>
>>2016137
What do you do with your pets when they die, /an/?

Serious question, I've never had to deal with this problem before and I'd have no idea what to do in the inevitable event that I do.
>>
My cat tested positive for Cat Leukemia today. They sent her blood samples to an out lab to get a more definite reading. I'll hear back in 5 days or so. Hope she isn't positive...
>>
File: 20150813_151623.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150813_151623.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>2019218
If you don't mind the prices, you can usually take them in to get cremated, or try to find a pet cemetery I guess. I had to bury my poor girl in the yard, had to cover her with paving stones as well so the dog wouldn't dig her out. Next time I'll take them to be cremated, rather have ashes thana rotted body
>>
>>2016137
I lost my little Resin and Edmund years ago to distemper because I was young and ignorant.

I cried and cried.
>>
>>2019241
Love her as much as you can while you can, Anon.

Go get her some tuna or her favorite treats. Keep her litterbox immaculate even though you clean it three times a day.
>>
>>2019279
She's fairly young I think. The vet was trying to assure me with treatment she could live like most other cats, but we'd probably be a one cat household. How drastically can it shorten her life?
>>
>>2019241
>>2019369
This Anon here.

Her 2nd test results came back negative. She's clean, but I was told I'd have to wait 5 to 7 days for results at the end of a business day, yesterday. The vet has good reviews, and my friends sing her praises, but what's the odds I didn't need that 2nd test?
>>
Had to put my baby down today.

She lost all ability to function and just refused to eat or drink. It was like she gave up.

The worst part of it is the missing feeling. I spent an hour just going to her favorite spots and sitting there. The pain is too much right now and I'm still trembling.
>>
>>2021039
when I read something like this, I have to think, was it worth it?
>>
My 12 year old rabbit died today, feel like shit atm. Found him when I came home which sucks since I wanted to be with him when he passed.

Gonna feel strange waking up tomorrow without him.
>>
>>2018006
sweet little teddy bear face.

We had to put my dog thatI got when I was a teenager down earlier this year. She lived with my parents and I am kind of dreading going back to their house for christmas because that dog meant the world to me. Last time I was there, I kept expecting her to show up trailing behind my mum or come creeping out of her favourite resting spots.
>>2021039
>>2021065
Always, yes. My pain is enormous, but the pain fades, my memories and love for my dog remain.
>>
File: feel.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
My dog is currently dying as I speak. 12 hours ago, she was fit and healthy. She had a seizure, then another, then another. She keeps going in and out of seizures for the last few hours. She's lost all personality, she's wondering around aimlessly between fits. I've already been to the vets with her, and I've called out an emergency vet who is on his way.

I think she has a brain tumor. I feel really bad for her right now.
>>
File: 1425191359096.png (62 KB, 634x495) Image search: [Google]
1425191359096.png
62 KB, 634x495
>>2021269
Same thing happened with my little one here >>2021039
Everything you listed. But I couldn't just sit there and hope that she will pass naturally in the state she was in.

Hours past but I've felt better dwelling on the memories. If it is causing her pain or she is incapable of doing things like eating and drinking even with care it is best to let a shelter/vet to allow her to pass. Spend lots of time thinking before you ever make that decision and best of luck, anon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.