[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is 'cute aggression' a real thing and do you ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: lotte.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lotte.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
So is 'cute aggression' a real thing and do you experience, /an/? I can't find a reputable source on it, it's all buzzfeed articles but I'm curious.

>Cute aggression is a particularly strange phenomenon. When we see something so cute, or even think about it – like a baby kitten, stumbling across the floor – we first experience a tsunami of positivity, an overwhelming accumulation of fuzzy happiness. Then, somewhat perplexingly, this feeling sometimes coexists with the urge to squeeze the kitten to death.
http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/why-you-want-squeeze-cute-things-death
>>
I've never felt this, feels good to not be a psychopath.
>>
"Cute Agression" is what happens when a grandma pinches cheeks. So I'd say it's a real thing
>>
I have to say, I do feel it. I am pretty normal and all, and I would of course never actually do any of it, but I do get that feeling sometimes. Like I will pet my dog and hold his paw, and then suddenly I will get this urge to squeeze his paw. Or I will look at a picture and think how pretty it is, and then I imagine getting a scissor and cutting it up. I know it's fucked up, but I have and would never actually do it. Surprised to see that it's actually a thing.
>>
I think this sort of thing is what Edgar Allan Poe would have called the "imp of perversity". So not a new phenomenon.
>>
I'm guilty of it. Sometimes, when I'm petting a cat or dog, or holding a baby, I have a strange urge to squeeze or hurt them . I feel weird admitting this, and it is never something I would act on, but it is something I have experienced since childhood.
>>
Predatory urges. It's clearly weaker bc it has youthful features (babby) therefore you can kill it.
That feel is very normal.
>>
I dunno. I hear things about "cute aggression" but I'm not sure if what I feel counts or is the same thing others feel.

When there's something really cute I sometimes feel the urge to squeeze it really hard, but not in an aggressive way or to hurt it, but rather I just want to hug it so much. It feels like an overload of affection, not aggression.

Is this what people are talking about?
>>
I have a really vivid memory of this as a little kid. Had my hamster in my hand, stroking him, and I just had this intense urge to squeeze all the life out of him. I immediately put him back in his cage and felt like shit, I remember wondering if I was going to grow up to be a serial killer or something
>>
>>2014362
>>2015759
I've felt this my entire life and never admitted to anyone because I thought I was possibly a psycho. In those same scenarios I might even tense a little with the urge and it's gone in like two seconds. Never acted on it and afterwards I always feel like total shit.

>>2015758
The urge to squeeze something really hard counts, you don't have to be 'aggressive' about it. From what I'm reading(these dumb articles and a bunch of other people admitting to it), it's not about malicious intent or sadism.
>>
I think there are many different things here that should be separated, but I'm not a psychologist.

Can that instinct to squeeze be also characterized as wanting to hug? I'm not saying that this is necessarily what they mean, but it made me think about that.

Then there is the other thing, of wanting to hurt, knowing what you want to do will hurt. A bit of psychopathy in all of us. I wonder if it's distinct to males? I have entertained that thought a few times, but to me it's just my imagination and somewhat perverse curiosity towards many things. There is that one duck baby picture that I find extremely cute and d'aww, but I have at least a few times also thought that wouldn't it be grotesque and shocking to just cut the head off that thing.

But I kind of regard that as just having thoughts come and go, similarly to wanting to fuck a beautiful woman that walks ahead of you, right then and there... it's just a fantasy. Or morbid curiosity, similarly to how many of us enjoy horror movies.

I love cute things though. I also have a bit of a fetish regarding innocence.

I am not averse to the idea that we are pretty terrible deep down, and that civilization and societal rules keep us in check. But I think we are very capable of both great good and evil, and maybe the positive tends to win so long as it gets the chance.
>>
>>2015763
Also I'm sure there are people to whom the experience is something completely alien to me.

Maybe their whole lives are a charade, and they'd rather just be squeezing cute things to death over whatever drives they have.
>>
The fug. I've never experienced anything like this. In fact, I'm more often afraid to touch small creatures and babies in fear of hurting them. Holding babies scares the crap out of me because I'm constantly in fear of accidentally dropping them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.