[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Visit black friend's house >he just recently got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
>Visit black friend's house
>he just recently got a cat from an animal shelter
>Very skittish
>Notice something creepy as hell
>Notice he sometimes slowly blinks at the cat
>Sometimes the cat will do the same and come over

What the hell is this? Is it a black thing?
>>
>non-verbal communication is creepy
Stay far away from deaf people.
>>
I do it with my cat. It's a sign of trust, affection, and contentment. Cats don't use much verbal communication naturally, though they might meow for our benefit.

Kudos to your friend for being able to read basic cat body language. A lot of people never bother to learn.
>>
>>2013594
It's how cats communicate. Cats don't like meeting the eyes of other people/animals, and blinking slowly is a sign that you are no threat. Same with looking away.
>>
>>2013594
It's black magic
>>
File: 1341220074821.jpg (28 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1341220074821.jpg
28 KB, 441x408
>>2013603
>>
>>2013594
I learned the slow blink when I was a kid. Most people are just so self-absorbed they can't communicate with other animals.
>>
File: Adjassou-Linguetor.jpg (167 KB, 641x900) Image search: [Google]
Adjassou-Linguetor.jpg
167 KB, 641x900
>white people

Cats blink slowly when they're really happy

But the real answer is that we use voodoo rituals to make cats do our bidding
>>
>>2013805
>"hurr durr le white people"

Most know this (hell, I've never even had a cat). OP is just stupid.
>>
Have you *ever* copied any pet's body language back to your pet? Try it sometime. It's especially awesome with dogs. Wiggle at them when you're happy or mimic their behavior. Do people not do these things? What the hell? Why even bother getting a pet if you don't interact with it.
>>
>>2013958
see
>>2013794
>>
>>2013596
Its truly best human cat bonding
>>
Blacks are pussy masters
>>
>>2013594
Are you really so ignorant you've never heard of this before?
>>
>>2014012
>>2014004
Racism makes me fucking sick to my stomach, I wish the mods would clean up more around here. This isn't /pol/ or /b/ this is /an/. Stop being a racist douche. OP I'm suprised you have any friends at all man, a 'black thing'? Really?
>>
>>2014338
The number of mods and janitors correlates with the board's traffic.

Also if you don't like being offended then you chose the wrong website and should leave before you turn into an even bigger snivelling bitch.
>>
>>2014338
just report them.
it's against the rules outside of /b/

the only reason this stuff is lasting on /an/ lately is because nobody reports anything here.
>>
>>2014338
Get thicker skin.
>>
>>2013867
Oh calm your tits faggot, "nigger" gets thrown around here all the time.
>>
>>2014338
try living in the real world...once
>>
>>2014525
This. Report, hide, and move on with your life.
>>
>>2014545
He kinda has a point, although he does seem like a whiny beta. /an/ would be the place one would expect to have the least amount of racism, it doesn't really make any sense.
>>
>>2014547
/an/ doesn't have much racism at all.
Look around and look at other boards.

Other boards will get way more racism than others but you wouldn't be able to tell because they are high traffic boards and have plenty of mods and janitors to remove it quickly.

And I'll say it again. If you don't like being offended and can't just ignore shit instead of getting all high and mighty and rubbing that shit in other people's faces who are actually trying to ignore it, then you need to fucking leave.

We are all ignoring stupid posts that have no merrit while you are sitting there rubbing it in our faces crying for it to go away.

Grow the fuck up. Report it. Ignore it.
>>
>>2014869
Now, imagin you are a little girl.

A dog walks by and takes a huge slimy shit right in front of you.

Now instead of being a smart little girl and ignoring it and walk away, you instead pick up the shit and scream at the top of your lungs "eeeeew!!!!!".

You then start running up to people, shoving the shit in their face and screaming at them to make it go away.

This is what I see when I look at>>2014338.
>>
>>2013594
>>2013597
>>2013602
>>2013794
Slow blink is revolutionized the way I communicate with cats and even dogs. You'll earn trust very fast with this technique.
>>
Does wearing glasses hinder the cats ability to figure that I'm blinking?

This has never worked for me. But maybe the cats I've met just didn't feel like it. No long term relationships either.
>>
>>2014533
Miami Mutilator pls go
>>
>>2015017
Jackson Galaxy takes his glasses off when he does it.
>>
File: 1448965627110.jpg (58 KB, 700x524) Image search: [Google]
1448965627110.jpg
58 KB, 700x524
>>2015057
>Jackson Galaxy
>>
>>2015017
I would say that it depends on the cat. Some cats are used to people wearing glasses and know what they are. Other cats aren't used to it and those cats might have bigger problems realizing that you're blinking behind glasses. My two cats grew up with me from kittens, they never seemed to have issues with me blinking with glasses. What might pose an issue is the reflections in the lens, then you can blink all you want and the cat can't tell either way.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.