[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torture breeding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: qualzucht_dogs_header.jpg (111 KB, 1024x295) Image search: [Google]
qualzucht_dogs_header.jpg
111 KB, 1024x295
Any reliable articles on torture breeding and the welfare of pugs/bulldogs/similar? I'm trying to write a paper about this shit, but I've only found a few reputable sources that I'd want to have under my belt while trying to prove a point. I know this definitely isn't the right place, but I know there's somebody on here who has too much free time and knows where I can find articles outside of blogspot.
>>
Check wikipedia sources
>>
There's a good blog on it by retrieverman
>>
>>2013290
Pedigree Exposed has linked some case studies and articles. You'll have to comb through the biased blog to find them. They recently did a whole month of looking through the pug's unhealthy structure.

Something else you should look into is reading up on what makes good structure in a dog, and then examining the breed standard itself! Breed-specific structural issues especially. Genetic diseases can be avoided, but things like short muzzles and excessive wrinkles are required and unhealthy.

Are you doing a specific breed, or is it in general?
>>
>>2013290
What's torture breeding?
>>
>>2013333
It's general. I was focusing on pugs in particular because they're a "cute" meme breed that every teenage girl gushes over. Since I have to turn the aforementioned essay into a speech, I wasn't going to touch on proper structure beyond basics. Nobody in my class knows enough to understand shit.

>"Temperaments? Oh, my huskies don't have that, they're really nice. Canines? Nah, I have huskies, not canines."
Actual quote from somebody in my vet assistant class, just to give you an idea of what I'm working with.
>>
>>2013344

use your brain. i've never heard the term before but i'd imagine it's something along the lines of breeding animals with serious defects. ie the brachycephalic dog and cat breeds, some bulldogs who are unable to mount females to procreate because of their breed-specified physiology, etc.
>>
File: google-logo-eyes1.jpg (5 KB, 267x188) Image search: [Google]
google-logo-eyes1.jpg
5 KB, 267x188
>>2013344
>>
>>2013348
I flat out refuse to believe someone in a vet class thinks a huskie is not a canine.
>>
I don't have a source but pls post paper when done. I wrote one just about how unhealthy pugs and Bulldogs and the like are for my general writing class. bulldog owner who peer reviewed my paper flipped out and kept calling me a bitch, cunt, etc for "hating his dog", when that's wildly inaccurate. some people are damn insecure

but anyways, good luck op
>>
>>2013351
well, he said vet ASSISTANT class, which is pretty basic and sometimes full of morons too stupid to be a CVT
>>
>>2013351
>>2013358
It was vet assist 1, which is almost exclusively populated by people who assumed the class would be 100% puppies and kittens all day. Believe me, I've heard worse. I live in the south, so half the people don't even think dog fighting or cock fighting is morally questionable in the slightest. I suffer every day of my life, honestly. I regret this class.

>>2013351
I just hate pugs and bulldogs at this point because of those people. I don't care if it's not their fault, the sight of them fills me with rage at breeders. It's like an automatic response to pugs in my brain at this point.
I'll post a link to the google docs if this thread is still up tomorrow.
>>
>>2013365
This is /an/, this thread will be up for weeks.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.