[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to get a dwarf hamster, pic related. My gf and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_1155.jpg (113 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1155.jpg
113 KB, 768x1024
I'm about to get a dwarf hamster, pic related.

My gf and I are getting it from one of her classmates, along with cage, bedding, wheel, water bottle, and a bowl.

Outside of that, I've haven't had a small cage animal in a while, can you guys give me any advice?
>>
Bump, I get out of work in an hour.
>>
>be op
>take hamster
>name it Sir Charles the Fourth of Namibia
>look it in its beady black eyes
>understand hamster has great potential
>godly potential
>too much potential
>paranoia.jpeg
>assert dominance
>place hamster in hamster ball
>runs into wall a couple times
>poor simple minded creature. Lucky it, you are master over it.
>obtain hamster and put in inventory
>proceed to find stairs
>roll hamster down stairs
>freedom.jpeg
>stand proudly with beard flowing in wind

You've raised your hamster well. It will conquer a few lands and build up its army before returning to take you down. You have a couple of years to prepare, as is the way of master and pet owner.
>>
>>2012930
I am already 99% sure that the cage will be too small.

Get a 100cm x 50cm x 50cm tank
>>
>>2012936

Sounds good.
>>
Just visit one of those hamster websites that are occupied by granny hamster owners.

They know literaly everything about hamsters
>>
>>2012936
It's a dwarf hamster so a small cage isn't an issue and it can get all the exercise it needs by running in a wheel.
>>
>>2012930
Use shredded newspaper as bedding. I switched to carefresh after using wood shavings because I found out that wood shavings cause respiratory problems. But carefresh had a lot of dust and perfume and almost killed my mouse because he was scratching his skin raw and bloody because that bedding was irritating him.
>>
>>2014562
>retard logic
>>
>>2012930
Dwarf hamsters like to bite
They're not total assholes like Robos, but there are always exceptions to the rule
Just be aware. If you're calm, and don't make sudden movements your hamster will learn you and your fingers are nothing to worry about.
Unless he enjoys biting the shit out of people and causing pain
>>
>>2014681
not winter whites tho
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.