[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ First year wildlife student here. Already loving my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (582 KB, 602x595) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
582 KB, 602x595
Hey /an/

First year wildlife student here. Already loving my this major and I couldn't imagine myself studying anything. Already getting involved and getting experience as well

<me with tranquilized deer

My wildlife school is fairly small though and in the rural south, so most professors and students are interested in feral pigs and deer, which isn't really my thing.
So my question is for the wildlife biologists, as well as the students, on this board. What do you guys do? What are you studying and where? I'd like to get a better idea of what all is out there.
>>
What parts are you going to keep? I like the backstrap. The less appealing cuts to to the dog.
>>
so what is your "thing"
>>
>>2012818
lol man the deer isn't dead
>>
>>2012981
Well duh, but that means it has time to naturally calm the muscles before butchering. It's smart. I may have to attempt such a glorious feat in my next hunting trip. Give the .45-70 a break next time you know? I just wonder if the gamey flavor gets reduced this way.
>>
File: PB271541.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
PB271541.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm having an internship at a natural reserve near my uni. I'm studying herpetofauna but help setting up cameras and what not to study mammals. I also take some photos of feces for the mammal guys then identify.

Pic related, marbled newt we found in a night walk.
>>
I'm trying to get on the path to studying salmon :)

I'd be okay with just being a fisheries technician but holy crap! so! much! science!
>>
File: alp.jpg (322 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
alp.jpg
322 KB, 2048x1365
>>2012999
Alpines look dope don't complain
>>
I study fish husbandry and ichthyology. I live in western Canada
>>
>>2012987
Do you experience using a dart gun or are you just saying that? Because you can't use a dart gun like a regular rifle

Good thoughts though. I wouldn't know the answer to your question. First time I shot a deer was for this program and I've never tried venison.
>>
>>2013626
venison is pretty good, I like grinding them into burgers or custom hot pockets.
>>
Lol, 10/10 for the deer's facial expression.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.