[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spirit Animal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
Wondering how you discover your spirit animal. I think mine is an otter but I'm not sure.
>>
>>2012659
the only sure way to know is if it comes to you in a dream. but it has to be explicit, you have to be told "your spirit animal is the leather bear" etc.

Or you go to spirit animal camp and get assigned one.
https://youtu.be/Aa9BqpLUI1Y
>>
So you're not only a rapist, murderer and necrophile but a pedophile too - often all at the same time. Interesting, OP.
>>
Bobbit Worm
>>
The only animal that has ever appeared in my dream has been bees. Is bees my spirit animal?m
>>
File: 1349433296552.png (10 KB, 387x429) Image search: [Google]
1349433296552.png
10 KB, 387x429
>>2012685
You are pretty sweet anon so probably
>>
File: creepy-pedo-smile.jpg (46 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
creepy-pedo-smile.jpg
46 KB, 601x601
>>
File: Screaming.jpg (370 KB, 2048x1690) Image search: [Google]
Screaming.jpg
370 KB, 2048x1690
>>2012659
You have a conversation about spirit animals with people you know and choose from whats offered.

At best, my spirit animal is a humming bird. At worst, its this particular mouse.
>>
>>2012678
>>
>>2012663
>your spirit animal is the leather bear
That feel when my brother married a leather bear. Must be his spirit animal.

Seriously, though, those "it appeared in a dream" things are pretty BS as people aren't doing any prep, they just fall asleep thinking about animals so naturally their favorite will come up in their dreams. No, that's not how it works.

Actual dream quests require prep time, specific meditation while awake, appropriate prayer and offerings, and being really serious about it. It's not something you just randomly have.

I went after mine when I was seven thanks to some nice folks my mom met at a Pow wow. I believe they were Sioux, probably Oglala or Yanktonai- it's been a long while. They told me I was too young, but I was pretty insistent so I went for it anyway.

I remember weeks of prayers and helping the bigger kids leave offerings. I don't remember all of the meditation activities, but we were basically meditating as prep training for entering the spirit world when we fall asleep. From there there was two days of fasting and praying, hoping for safe travel to and from the spirit world and that the animal would come in our dreams.

We were told to IGNORE any animal that comes from our sides or behind us. Also ignore any sort of vermin (bugs, rats, coyotes, ect). Red eye are a good sign as they are especially interested in helping you.
>>
>>2012700
> Continuing

Me? I was surrounded by shoulder-high grass in a huge plains with mountains in the distance. Lots of animals, mostly scavengers and pests like ravens and beetles, approached from the back and sides but I ignored them as I was told.

Then a red-eyed scrawny wolf-looking thing came right towards me from the front. I asked what he was and he said "Coyote" to which I said "No thanks". He protested saying coyotes were perfectly fine, really, then wandered off grumbling.

I walked on until I spotted a fluffy white wolf in the distance before me. I called to her and she came over with a waggy tail like a dog. After a few minutes, a skinnier grey wolf came up and joined her. Neither of them spoke. I ashed the wolves if they wanted to stay, and they nodded "yes" so I woke up happy with wolves.

Well, one day a few months later I called on my white wolf and she didn't come. I kept calling and calling but got nothing so I repeated the meditation and tried to get back to the spirit realm. My white wolf was nowhere to be found.

Up trots the scrawny grey wolf. "What's up?"
"My wolf is missing."
"Oh, she probably ran off with another wolf, they get like that. I'm still here. Wanna keep me?"
"Err... uh..."
"I'm a plains wolf, too..."
"Ok"

Later learn "plains wolf" is slang for Coyote. Coyote coated himself in ashes and fluffed up his fur to pretend to be a wolf. The female wolf was never actually there. She didn't speak because Coyote was puppeting her.

And so I'm stuck with Coyote.

Be careful- you never know what you'll get!
>>
>>2012705
what does it mean when a vermin insists to be the spirit animal?

what are his goals?
>>
>>2012705
Why would you ignore "pest" animals? Crows, rats, etc. are no less symbolically valid and could have their own lessons to teach, especially considering they're goddamn smart. Mice are also fairly highly-regarded in some tribes and symbolize East on the medicine wheel.
>>
>>2012709
I have no idea why Coyote demanded and even tricked his way into me picking him. As best as I can figure out he knew my life was going to be rough and wanted to help. The fact that it was a red-eyed coyote and not a regular one hints that there probably is a good reason even if I never have been able to get it out of him.

Coyote has a unique place where he's hated but loved. He is the only scavenger generally recognized as powerful enough to be of note and even features in creation myths from several tribes, but being an old spirit and of note doesn't make it a good spirit animal to have. He's also renowned for forever screwing things up and easily getting addicted to stuff.

The other vermin are just generally to weak to become spirit animals. Coyote screws up just enough to be powerful enough to count as a spirit animal. Coyote is a double-edged sword which is why we were advised to avoid coyotes. From experience, I'd say he's *almost* worth it, but almost is as best as I'm going to say. I don't recommend Coyote for people looking for a spirit animal.
>>
>>2012718
Pest animals often aren't powerful spirits. They can mean well, but as I was taught they don't have enough clout to really be helpful. You can learn from them, but don't want to take after them and be carried by them as your spirit animal.

That said, what counts as pest can also vary by your tribe so if your tribe sees mouse as good, then mouse might still be valid. That said, you might be better off with something else. There are many animals out there!
>>
>>2012705
Awesome stuff and yeah the otter just appeared in my dream I was running between the water and land on this ledge when I ran up to the stream,traveling with the current an otter chilling on his back just staring at me plus I remember it was this peaceful swamplike area and the dream ended with me abruptly waking up in the middle of the night. From what you described though I'm interested in truly finding out.
>>
>>2012730
Well, if you can find any local Pow Wows or tribal meets, try going there. There will be lots of vendors, but if you keep your eyes sharp you just might be able to find some story tellers, shaman, or medicine men/women. Talk to people and see who is what and from where. If you're lucky you can find someone who can help you! Finding live people is best as you can ask questions and get help. You also make new friends!

If this isn't possible and you still live in the USA, try looking for a book on a specific tribe's beliefs and how they do things. I say "specific" because when you generalize things get muddled which doesn't help anyone. Books by actual tribe members and scholars are good bets. Avoid wicca stuff as it's not the same thing.

If you don't live in the USA, look for whatever indigenous people are there and do the same procedures I mentioned earlier: find some actual folks to talk to or, failing that, get a good book. Each country has different animals and different rules. If you follow what's "right" for your homeland you have better chances of it working out well for you!
>>
Mine would probably be either dog or bear... or both. Dog as a reflection of most of my personality and bear as the other part, but also as what I need/want to be and the part that exists to help me specifically. As in neither dog nor bear could help me completely on their own. Or maybe need some bear in my life to help balance things out.

I sure wish I could hibernate in the winter like a bear, even if I had to plug my butt.
>>
>>2012754
Manbeardog
>>
>>2012757
At least its' not manbearpig. Then things would get super cereal.
>>
>>2012754
>I sure wish I could hibernate in the winter like a bear, even if I had to plug my butt.
What....what does that have to do with hibernating?
>>
>>2012762
Where do you think all the waste from the fat bears use to survive while hibernating would go if its exit weren't plugged up?
>>
>>2012773
Are you trying to tell me that bears intentionally plug their butts, or that it somehow gets plugged on its own?
>>
>>2012782
With leather bears, it could be either way...
>>
>>2012754
Nevermind, I had quite an odd dream about seeing all my deceased family over centuries gathered in the bottom of a crystal cave, and everyone had pony or rarely horse spirit friends, so maybe mine is pony or maybe its just a coincidence. My work alarm woke me up before I got to meet any spirit personally. Someone even had a my little pony looking spirit animal lol.

A youthful Steve Buscemi was in the dream too as an apparent family member but I think he wasnt my spirit animal, rather I wanted to have his babies.
>>
File: YAP0eCf.jpg (66 KB, 640x679) Image search: [Google]
YAP0eCf.jpg
66 KB, 640x679
>>2012844
>>
dreams and meditation, mine is a deer, apparently i'm a huge faggot
>>
>>2012912
What a beautiful child. Such handsome facial hair for his age.

I am going to try to dream of my spirit animal again tonight since I have tomorrow off. Hey you know ponies/horses are supposed to represent sexual energy, wink wink, which is weird because I generally have none.
>>
>>2012782
I'm pretty sure their innards secrete extra-thick mucous in order to plug things as part of hibernation.
>>
Mine was a pharmacy tech.
>>
File: 1443137797478.jpg (96 KB, 783x888) Image search: [Google]
1443137797478.jpg
96 KB, 783x888
>tfw your spirit animal is the human
>>
File: images (7).jpg (9 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
9 KB, 253x199
>>2013437
That's not a bad thing, anon.
>>
>>2013421
I can only get so erect, anon.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.