[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone tried these things? websites have good reviews, a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
has anyone tried these things? websites have good reviews, a few people say it didnt work for them. just bought a bag of the soft chews to try them myself. one of my dogs gets major anxiety on new years and july 4th over fireworks and all that and the other is a monster to get his nails cut and id rather not have him get full on sedated if i can avoid it.
>>
>>2011880
I know a few people who use these, work great. They take about twenty minutes to go into effect, what's great is you can increase dosage as needed, some dogs or situations may call for a larger dose.
>>
Is this something I can try too? What's the active ingredient?
>>
>>2012590
Trust me, don't. They are safe but they will make you feel groggy in a really heavy, unpleasant way.

Active ingredients are chamomile, valerian, tryptophan, and St. John's wort.
>>
>>2012590
If you want sedation, just get some benadryl.
>>
>>2012587
yeah i havent seen hardly anything negative on them so i was figuring it would be took good to be true. do you think itd be good for clipping his nails myself? i feel like doing them myself would cut out a lot of stress and it wont be hard because his nails are light enough to see the quick
>>
>>2012739
Go for it. Here's the guide I use for my own dog:
http://youtu.be/7cq5X8aV95E
>>
>>2012886
do you think hell get to the point where hell let us do them without needing the treats? theyre both around a year old, ones more like a year and a half and not very well trained and im going to try working with them both more so they stop jumping and barking at people when they come in. theyre not technically "my" dogs, theyre my mothers but she hasnt done shit with them and always asks me for help so i figure i should really crack down on training
>>
>>2012965
Yes, with enough time and positivity training you can definitely turn it around.
>>
>>2012967
do you have any tips? i know walking helps but theyre both pretty big dogs (ones 72lbs and the other is probably around 50-55) a lot of people ive talked to say that harnesses arent good for walking but i dont understand why? their collars get sort of loose when they play and it makes me nervous to clip the leash onto them and im wondering why ive been told that harnesses are bad
>>
>>2012971
Look into front-clip harnesses, my personal favorite is the Freedom Harness. Harnesses are safer for dogs who pull, because they don't put damaging pressure on the neck like collars, but harnesses can activate the pulling reflex if clipped the back like most traditional harnesses.

You want to start off small, one dog at a time, in your house or yard. Use a variety of tiny, swallowable treats to lure then reward the dog when he walks nicely by your side. If he tries to walk ahead stop and lure him back to your side, then reward him when he takes a couple steps nicely next to you. Eventually you'll stop using treats to lure, only to reward, and finally you'll use treats only occasionally to reward. After they get the hang of it indoors you can start to move further and further from your home into more distracting environments.

When they get to the point where they understand walking nicely = treats you can start making a game of it, vary up the speed a bit, make turns, try going backwards. Act really happy and excited when they get it right and they will in turn love playing this game with you. It will take a bit of consistent practice to undo their bad habits and reinforce the good behavior, but if you dedicate yourself to 1-2 ten minute sessions a day you are going to be very impressed by the results. I will add it's normal to have some regressions in training, if your dog is having a bad day it's okay to revisit some basics. And when you find yourself getting frustrated, it's okay to just call it a day and finish on a positive with a trick you know he will get.
>>
>>2012996
Take some Happy Traveler so your energy level matches hers
>>
File: 1442247130227.png (266 KB, 719x526) Image search: [Google]
1442247130227.png
266 KB, 719x526
>>2013006
w-why would you post your grandma on 4chan
you know someone is gonna fap to this right
>>
>>2011880
>>
>>2011880
that dog looks so stoned holy shit
>>
>>2013006
Post more grandma feet.
>>
>>2012992
okay sounds good to me! i never understood why people kept telling me that harnesses were shit for walking their dogs because ive always had dogs that pull and didnt want to literally choke them out so i always thought harnesses were the best choice overall anyway
>>
File: BP.jpg (42 KB, 495x590) Image search: [Google]
BP.jpg
42 KB, 495x590
>>2013012
>>
File: gurl.jpg (276 KB, 618x606) Image search: [Google]
gurl.jpg
276 KB, 618x606
>>2013039
>>
>>2012599
I gave my cat children's benadryl when I moved and had to drive 4 days with her. She zonked out and slept in the back window for most of the trip.
>>
>>2014678
stop
>>
>>2014678
my dog gets into bees in the summer and we give him benadryl for the swelling and shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.