[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my gf just bought a second guinea pig from petsmart. After
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: received_1102654679754069.jpg (90 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
received_1102654679754069.jpg
90 KB, 720x960
Me and my gf just bought a second guinea pig from petsmart. After taking this one home it fell over in ts cage collapsed and bleeded heavily through its nose and died. This was within an hour what could have happened and could my guinea pig that was bought at the same place have what it has?
>>
Sorry for your loss. Inform petsmart and they will tell you what to do. I would probably look elsewhere if you are still looking.
>>
>>2011339
I got a refund and im going to take the other one to a 24/7 vet
>>
Unfortunately many pet stores have a company that ships these animals to them, and they suffer a lot of trauma during the packaging process. Maybe you just got unlucky and managed to pick one with hemorrhaging in the brain or some shit.

It could
>>
>>2011327
I think it may be a neurological disorder brought on by inbreeding. I've seen bunnies and even cats react the same way.
>>
>>2011327

petsmart is a shitty place, next time adopt one or something, its more likely to be healthy.
>>
>>2011327
>transparent guinea pig house
something tells me you're keeping your pigs like shit
>>
File: received_10208342851266389.jpg (119 KB, 714x1136) Image search: [Google]
received_10208342851266389.jpg
119 KB, 714x1136
>>2012213
That was taken at petsmart

Im very concerned because the one thats still alive (in this picture) wasnt doing so well and displayed every symptom of a uri. And me and my gf went to 2 different vets but no other one is open besides this one that would have needed a 200 dollar fee to show up before any other expenses. So i talked to store owner of the petsmart to get them to pay for it and the only way they could do it is if i returned the guinea pig and then they got the medicine for it. Then they would sell him back to me after he got better. And so i took him there to see if they could help him but im very very worried about him. Do you think they would be able to get him well? Ive called so many vets and been to this petsmart 6 times in 3 days to try and get them to do something for him.
>>
>>2012315
>petsmart taking care of a sick animal
they are just trying to get more money out of your pocket.

either the vet can do something for it or nobody
>>
>>2012201
Petco is much worse. Even PETA hates petco.
>>
>>2012315
Assuming every Petsmart has an in-house vet clinic. If you can't take her to the other vet, either do your homework and treat with antibiotics yourself or take her back to the pet store. URIs can be very easily treated but if they're left alone you may have a dead piggy.

How long have you had her for? It's really not Petsmart's responsibility to ensure the health of their animals past the guarantee policy.
>>
>>2012318
They did it for free because i talked to everyone but they found out it has a neurological disorder and neeeded to be put down
>>2012385
I had him for 3 days
>>
bootin
>>
>>2012318
I actually work in a Petsmart. If it's within the 14 days you made the purchase, you can bring the animal back and we will assume all the necessary medical needs that we can provide it. The customer isn't shown a medical bill or anything.
>>
File: tumblr_mt78qjHsL11s5slm4o1_500.gif (999 KB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt78qjHsL11s5slm4o1_500.gif
999 KB, 500x231
>>2012683
>14 days

At Petco we do 30...
>>
>>2012771
Petco sounds like the best place compared to petsmart. Im calling their corporate again tomorrow
>>
>>2012796
Every time I go to Petco, they've got a ton of dead decaying fish, a dozen rats jammed into a small glass tank, and sick animals. Mind, I think that depends a lot on what store you go to- but that's been every Petco around here.
>>
Petco is way worse than the average Petsmart. Every Petco I've been to is the same way as you described.
Buying pets from any major chain is almost always a mistake anyway, most of the animals have very unhealthy genetic lines and are handled poorly.
>>
>>2013811
I didn't want to believe it but I've had abnormally good luck with buying animals from Petsmart. Out of a dozen neon tetras I've had just one death in a year, and my two Petsmart rats are huge and healthy, as opposed to the one I know is from Petco- she's tiny and has tumors.

I try not to encourage people to shop there though because I imagine it's very different from store to store.
>>
>>2012771
Every petco I've been to, their animal care is pretty shit. Overcrowding display tanks and just overall poor health of the animals. I'm not saying Petsmart is perfect by any means but at least they take better care than petco for the ones in my area at least.
>>
>>2011327
I guess we knows who where's the pants in the relationship. A guinea pig? That's the most unmanly pet ever. Why not get a snake, or a scorpion. Or a Rottweiler that has a snake that it wears like a collar?
>>
You learned a lesson, OP. Pet stores are shitty.

>>2012349
PETA hates both, and every other pet store that sells animals. And animal shelters. and breeders.
Nothing makes PETA happy
>>
>>2013908
Over crowding is annoying. I've heard DMs tell managers to order more animals than what fit. Then also bitch when they have said extra animals in the quarantine tanks in back. If the GM doesn't have the balls to speak up to DM then you get over crowding.

As to the poor care. Tell a manager. Not an associate. If the manager doesn't seem like they give a shit there's an 800 number posted every few tanks that you can call specially to report animal care issues.

That shit pisses me off as an employee, anon.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.