[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I feed my leopard gecko super worms. One hid itself really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So
I feed my leopard gecko super worms. One hid itself really well (even I didn't see it) and I guess became this shit
I want to keep it as a pet
I have a 12x12x12 vivarium I had bought my leopard gecko in
(Pictured is a 15 gal tank because the vivarium wasn't suitable for him)
I have yet to put that cube to good use
Thinking of having some kind of insect/plant mix in there

Any idea how to do this?
Snails and beetles and shit
Maybe actual worms
Do I use potting soil or topsoil?
Man I hope I don't come off as an idiot
>>
Potting soil or topsoil will both work.
Chances are there are insecticides in the topsoil, but whatever. That thing will require some dead leaves and a relatively humid enclosure - the soil and the leaves should do fine.

"Most species are generalistic omnivores, and feed on decaying leaves, rotting wood, fresh plant matter, dead insects, and fungi as larvae and adults.[7]"

Some of them can even live up to two years.
Enjoy your new, uh, beetle.
>>
>>2010432
I'd like to plant some shit for them to eat
I got 3 snails
>>
>>2010435

I mean. Unless you have a big enough enclosure and the lights to grow small fruiting plants, I doubt you're gonna do much for them.
>>
>>2010436
What I got is 12x12x12
So whatever is suitable in that
>>
>>2010448

... strawberries?
>>
Don't bother with potting soil, just go outside and get some dirt. With any luck, some other little critters will show up in it, like snails, small worms, etc.

I keep a rubbermaid bin filled with soil and leaf litter. It's full of roaches, mealworm beetles, buffalo beetles, etc. Hoping to get some hissing cockroaches, as well.

Along with leaf litter, throw in cork flats or tree bark. You can give them water as water crystals in a dish so they don't drown in it. Mine eat table scraps, leftover gecko food, and cricket food. Most beetles really love oranges, too.

Most bugs don't like lights too much. Stick with fake plants if you want to pretty it up, but really the bugs will be happiest with a pile of junk to live in. As long as they have lots of places to hide, they're good.
>>
>>2010468
Btw, make sure the leaf litter is from dead leaves. Should be easy to get this time of year, I just fill like 12 sandwich size ziplocks with leaves and add one to the bin a month, which seems to keep up with how quickly they're broken down.

The guy that runs capecodroaches.com is really nice, has good prices, and will answer whatever questions you might have very quickly. I pretty much just buy things exclusively from him at this point.
>>
Don't let it go outside. If your not going to keep it, just kill it because it could be an invasive species.
>>
I got 2 now! There's no leaves around where I am
Funny enough I had a dream I was going to look for some leaves for it then I woke up and have a second one
I wouldn't release it
>>
>>2011125
Forgot to add
I have a bit of respiratory problems
Nothing bad
I used to have lots of rats but they passed and I switched to reptiles
The thing here with the dirt and everything I keep it moisture most the time
With a spray can of water
Is that dangerous for breathing
Let's say if it's in my room?
Cause it can't be outside
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.