[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rat general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 600x399
I'm thinking of getting a pet rat, what are some tips on owning one, and what should I name it, shitpost or cannabis?
>>
>>2006922
get two

Solves most of your problems
>>
>>2006922
You really need to get two or more. Rats are so social, keeping them on their own is cruel. Two rats will be much much happier and owning two rats really isn't much more expensive.
>>
>>2006922
Not OP but kinda interested as well. Is there a certain breed that is better for handled and loved on?
>>
>>2006972
They are all the same, though some people swear dumbo rats are the kindest.
It all depends on the induvidual rat's personality imo.
>>
>>2006977
Also from what I see in the local rat owner community, naked and rex rats are more often mean. This is only anecdotes though.
>>
Also, not OP but still interested on a pet rat. I was thinking on getting one and then, after it bonded with me, getting it a partner. Isn't it a lot more difficult for a rat to bond with you when it has a partner than when it is alone? I've never owned a rat, although I've had guinea pigs, hamsters and gerbils. I know rats are more social, but I'm afraid of getting a pair and end up being more interested in one another than on bonding with me. What do I do? Any tips? Also, I'm from méxico and there is no such thing as pet rat breeders, so I would have to get them from a pet store. I know it is not the most ideal thing to do, but it's vthe only way possible.
>>
>>2006999
Rats are not parrots. They don't see you as their breeding pair so they have no problem bonding with you even if you keep 3 or more. In fact a single rat is more shy. In a pair they encourage each other.
>>
>>2006999
No. Rats are really social, and making them feel at ease by not isolating it will help you bond better.
I once adopted a litter of five rats at once and they were the friendliest group of animals I've ever had.
If you go to a pet store, try to find one selling fancy rats rather than feeder rats. Feeders can be good pets, but the fancies are more likely to be at least a little socialized to make things a bit easier.
>>
>>2007049
What is the difference between fancy rats and feeder rats? Every pet store here has only one type of rats (which are usually sold as food). Rats are not really seen as pets in Mexico. I was thinking maybe on buying two young ones? Would that make things a bit easier?
>>
Just got my first rats! They are so cute and I'm so excited to hang with them. They are both sleeping together (so cute) right now. Any tips for the first week or so?

One is very inquisitive and has been checking my hand and I've been giving her treats. The other is still very scared and still hiding. I'm a bit worried. She was making weird noises and I couldn't tell if it was from her mouth or if she was just gnawing on something. How long does it take for rats to get use to their new home? When/how would I know something is wrong? If/when she does start exploring is there anything I can do to encourage her and make her feel less scared?
>>
Hey /an/ I had a feeling that my two rats were sick (sneezing, slightly audible breathing, wet nose) so I called the vet and set up an appointment for Thursday. Is there anything I can do to make them feel a little better before they actually go to the vet? They don't seem too sick, they're still lively, but I want to ease any problems.
>>
>>2007074
If they're having issues breathing then you can use a humidifier near the cahe. If you don't have one you can take them in a closed bathroom with steam from a hot shower for 5-15 minutes.
>>
>>2007053
Nothing really, just feeders were bred and raised to be food, and fancy rats are meant to be pets.
Since you're likely to get feeders that haven't been handled much, if at all, definitely try to get young ones because you're going to have to hand tame them yourself. Plus, rats don't live all that long, so getting as young as possible as long as they are 6 weeks+ is best anyways.
>>
>>2007053
The only difference between a feeder and pet rat in many stores is the colour of their coat. If you get them from a breeder it's usually a guarantee that they have been treated well and have gotten used to being handled by humans.

A feeder rat can be just as good as a breeder though. I've had several feeders and some had clearly been handled well by the people in the store and weren't afraid of humans at all. Make sure you handle the rats before buying them.

Like other anons have said, you should get two from the start. They will not bond lesser with you because of it , they are a pack animal who form huge family groups in the wild. If you get two from the same litter, they will already be friends and you won't have to worry about introducing them. Rats who have been alone for two long can have problems being introduced to newcomers.
>>
1. Get two
2. Not of the same sex
3. They chew on all kind of stuff so watch them.
4. Get them young.
5. They are pussies so it will tak some time till they realize you are not dangerous.
6 to give them traits but them on your hand (the traits) and wait for them to get them. Don't push it
7.Give them raw pasta from time to time it's good for their teeth.
8. The floor of their jail should be flat.
>>
>>2007162
Do not listen to this dumbass.
Definitely get 2 of the same sex.
>>
>>2007162
>Not of the same sex.

I assume this was a writing mistake, unless you think people want 100 rat babies.
>>
>>2007324
>what is castration
>>
>>2007074
> taking a rat to the vet
>>
File: timore&pea.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
timore&pea.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
I made a post in the other Rat General that maxed out some days ago that I had to put down one of my female rats at the vet mid October. Unfortunately, in the noon time, her cage mate(and my last rat) died of a heart attack in my arms today. As corny as this sounds these two precious girls changed my life. I was really miserable, lonely and depressed and they changed everything. I'm going to miss them so much. I don't know what I'm gonna do without them. RIP my babies.

Here's an old picture of them from November of 2014.
>>
>>2007330
>not taking an animal to a vet
>>
>>2007373
Rats are magic.
>>
>>2007327
What is not putting an animal under surgery when it gets on perfectly well with a brother.
>>
>>2007327
They only live for 2-3 years. Castration of small rodents is expensive and there is a pretty big risk of complications. If you can avoid a major surgery like that by not deliberately keeping males and females together you should fucking do it.

People do not normally get rats of the same sex, don't advice new buyers to do so.
>>
>>2007382
Funnily enough I came on here to ask about that.

Is it worth neutering my female rats? There's no chance of them becoming pregnant, but I'm worried about mammary tumours. My oldest rat has one and is too old to have it removed, I don't want my two baby ones to face that situation in the future.
>>
>>2007382
>normally get rats of the same sex
Fuck obviously I meant of different sex.

>>2007399
Tumors are the worst. Spaying females drastically decreases the risk of them getting one, but I've read in a research paper that about 6% of spayed females still develop mammary or pituitary tumors.

A surgery on a small animal is always extra risky, so I would make sure the vet is one with extensive knowledge of rodents.
>>
File: IMG_20151130_241521669.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_241521669.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Just got some rats. Any tips for a first timer and how to bond?

And post ur rats
>>
>>2007841
Speak to them in kind voice, don't grab them from upwards, always reach from under if you pick them up. When they are comfortable outside of cage and climbing on you you can try t tickle them - this kind of play seem to make rats bond very close to their owners and cagemates.
>>
>>2007843
Anon from earlier, but how the fuck do you tickle a rat that wont freak them out?
>>
>>2007846
Also, I read that an enclosed play area outside of their cage is good for their daily romping; but what do I make the cage out of that they can't escape? And can I put tubs and what not in the area for play or will that just over-stimulate them?
>>
>>2007848
*tubes
>>
>>2007848
You can try to find a doggy gate that isn't one they can climb up or through but I just rat proof a room, close the door and let them roam there. Tunes won't over stimulate them. When I had rats I bought them a fuzzy ferret tube for their cage and they loved being in it.
>>
>>2007846
If they are already comfortable with you picking them up, putting them down, climbing all over you, it won1t and they will play with you. It is an imitation of how they play with ech other.

If they are yet scared of you it might freak them out.
>>
File: IMG494 (1).jpg (155 KB, 972x527) Image search: [Google]
IMG494 (1).jpg
155 KB, 972x527
>>2007841
Gradually as they become used to you, try to sneak in some cuddling while you're interacting with them. Scratch them behind the ears, tickle them under the chin, it sometimes triggers a grooming response and they'll begin licking your fingers.

The guy in pic related isn't that into cuddling yet, but he likes playing tag with my hand. I scratch him on the butt or tickle him and he jumps up, runs away and sprints back immediately to lick my hand furiously. If I do it enough he starts jumping around getting all excited like a dog.

I let mine freeroam in the bathroom. The males like to leave small drops of pee where they go so a room with tiles is ideal. There us no such thing as too many toys.
>>
>>2006972
There's only one breed, and pet store rats are the same genetically as sewer rats.
>>2006978
No idea why but naked rats seemed more mean. Albinos too.
>>2007054
>>2007841
Peanut butter on a spoon!
Let them explore somewhere safe so they can come to you when they want to. I let them scamper around and come to me when they want pets/treats. Avoid grabbing them if it scares them.
>>2007074
They're definitely sick. The humidifier/shower thing is good. Thanks for taking them to the vet :)
>>2007373
I'm sorry for your loss!
>>2007399
I've never done it or known anyone who has. One of my girls now has a big ole mammary tumor :( poor baby
>>2007846
Don't tickle a rat unless it's not scared of you?
>>2007848
No such thing as over stimulating rats. You should google around, there's lots of great ideas on the internet. You can even use cardboard but it won't last forever. Mine freeroam in my room but they're naughty so I have to watch them all the time.
>>
>>2007873
You sure it's safe to give them peanut butter anon? It's really sticky. I don't even like giving mine banana because of the potential choking hazard.
>>
>>2007873
Albinos I can understand with their weaker senses they must be more anxious.
Maybe it is the same for hairless because of their whiskers. They also seem to squint all the time.
>>
>>2007881
Bananas are fine, mine absolutely love them. It's their fav food. It's great for giving them medicine as well, just mix it with some mashed banana.
>>
>>2007881
I've never seen one choke on anything, and I've owned like 50 rats. You could also put soup, baby food, or puree on a spoon. The idea is to force them to be near you if they want the treat, instead of them just running and hiding.
>>2007884
With the hairless it was really weird- they were one of several accidental litters and they were little bitches even though all their siblings were sweet as pie.
>>
>>2007873
>There's only one breed, and pet store rats are the same genetically as sewer rats.
Uhh no
>>
>>2008793
I think they meant in the pet trade.
>>
>>2008812
You can find whatever the most common rat is called, dumbo and albino rats in stores, and hairless and tailless rats with some breeders. And pet store rats are not the same genetically as sewer rats. What he said is reasonable only if he meant rat breeds aren't as varied as dogs and aren't as distant to sewer rats as dogs are to wolves but only then.
>>
Some of you may remember from a few rat generals back, I made a post about one of my girls having a mammary tumour. Because of her age (2yrs 4 months) we decided it was too risky to have it removed, so decided to let her live her natural life and have her put to sleep if she started suffering too much.

She's still trucking, but she's starting to show signs that her quality of life is slipping. She's not as active as she used to be and is struggling with jumping and climbing. Usually when I open the top of their cage they come running out and jump across to the bookcase next to it. Yesterday she climbed out, hesitated at the gap, then turned round and went back inside. Made me realise time's running out for her.

Checked with my local vets and they carry out home euthanasia. It's more expensive, but she gets so distressed at the vets I'd rather pay extra and have her put to sleep somewhere she feels safe. I'm hoping it won't ever come to this- she's old and still got life in her, but I wanted to know what our options were if it comes to the worse.

Hold me, /an/ ;_;
>>
Not sure how much time my old lady has left. Blind in both eyes and been on medicine for her pituitary tumor for half a year now. Even though I feed her baby food and other stuff you can still easily feel her bones. Still boggles when you cuddle with her but dang it. ;_;
>>
Would you guys be opposed if I asked a mouse question here? I couldn't find a mouse or rodent general

Story goes,
>mouse gets inflamed eye
>Vet gives me vetropolycin to give him
>eyes get better, but now hair loss and scratches down his face from constant scratching
>go back to vet, vet advises to use vetropolycin on both eyes and on scratches now
>he still scratches that area, to the point that it bleeds sometimes
>bring him to vet, assuming he will have to be put down
>vet tells me to up the medication to at least 2Xs a day, but seemed worried by his condition

I'm not sure what to do. I switched bedding from wood shavings to carefresh, thinking the latter would actually be a better choice because it has less dust, but I've been told it has perfume in it that might make him allergic. I've also tried putting in toys and things to explore, thinking he may be scratching out of boredom, but he seems to just stay on the platforms most of the time, which strengthens the theory that it could be the bedding. But if it is the bedding, what should I use instead? Switch back to wood shavings? Anyone experience anything like this? I don't want my mouse to die just because he is a little neurotic
>>
Need advising.
I'm considering adopting some baby rats from a place in jersey that happens to be really far from me. Itd be a 4.5 hour trip on public buses.
I wonder if this is inadvisable for 6 week old rats. I plan to get them a towel lined plastic bin with holes poked in lid and stashing them in my pack to not get kicked off bus. I'll leave them some fruits for hydration.
What do you think, can I pull off the smuggling or would it be too stressful for the ratsos?
>>
>>2006972
>>2006977
I don't think they're kinder at all, but I have slowly come to suspect that dumbo rats are...er, dumber. My standard ears have been a bit nicer but not enough that I'd call it a trend, but they've also seemed markedly smarter than my dumbos.
But yeah, if you want a certain personality of rats then handle a few until one seems to have that personality, don't go by appearance.
>>
>>2007382
Most male rats can benefit from neutering though (and it's barely invasive; go watch a video on YT if you don't believe me, a very simple surgery. Whatever risk there is is from improper anesthesia); makes introductions much easier and they have less stress from hormones.
Spaying is a greyer area since it's actually a bit dangerous, yet has definite cancer risk reduction benefits.
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>2007873
>No idea why but naked rats seemed more mean. Albinos too.
Both of my hairless rats were complete sweethearts. Also, my PEW was the most cuddly. Red-eyed rats have worse eyesight than others, so if they are bonded to you, they will tend to stick closer. My PEW got spooked more easily and would run up to me and press against me when he was scared. He loved taking naps on my bed.

>Peanut butter on a spoon!
Peanut butter is not safe for rats. Many people have given it with no ill effects, but because of how sticky it is there is a choking hazard. And yes, there have been cases of rats choking to death on it. There are many, many, safer alternatives.

>They're definitely sick. The humidifier/shower thing is good. Thanks for taking them to the vet :)
Please be careful with the shower/humidifier. If what they are suffering from is an upper respiratory infection than it may help. However, things like pneumonia can have very similar symptoms and if you put a rat with pneumonia in a steamy room and it can exacerbate it and cause the rat to die. I learned this lesson the hard way, and I tend to avoid steamy rooms for sick rats unless I am 100% sure.

>I've never done it or known anyone who has. One of my girls now has a big ole mammary tumor :( poor baby
Spaying females is a more common practice than you might think. The risks for mammary tumors are immense in female rats. Spaying is a decision you should make carefully, but many find it worth it.
>>
Anything I need to know for rat care for when they are about a week old (or under)? I just got a couple at this age recently and don't know what, if anything, I have to do different.
>>
>>2010405
Put them back with their mom. It's really too early to separate them at a week old.
>>
>>2010405
Can you give us a little more info? It is going to be extremely hard to care for them if they are truly a week old. Very likely they will die. If you can post a picture, it'll help us age them.
>>
>>2010489
>>2010457
I don't know about the week figure it might be two or three. Definitely under 6 weeks because they are smaller than ones at another place that said theirs were about 6 weeks. I just guessed, honestly no idea how old they are. The lady at the store just separated them from their mom but didn't give me an exact age. They are eating solid food and stuff. I'll post a pic when I get back from work in like 6 hours.
>>
>>2009497
Anon you were responding to. Thank you for the information! I usually give soup or yogurt, but I'll be sure not to recommend doing that with peanut butter.

Are you able to distinguish between myco and pneumonia? I dose antibiotics at home and I don't think the treatment would do any better, but I'll check with a vet.

>>2010524
http://www.afrma.org/babyratdevdaily.htm
You can tell pretty exactly how old they are. That was a scare though, they're definitely older than a week.
>>
One of my rats was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor after he started tilting his head, but he has been showing no other symptoms. It has been 3 moths since I took him to the vet and nothing has changed. He still tilts his head, but he eats, grooms and plays as normal. Is it still certified to be a pituitary tumor? Wouldn't it have gotten worse or affected him more somehow by now?
>>
>>2010765
If your rat has a pituitary tumor then it wouldn't be able to hold food to eat normally.
>>
>>2010809
What could it be then? The vet said she couldn't be sure as he was otherwise fine, and that it might also be due to an ear infection so he got antibiotics for that just in case. But if it was an ear infection, wouldn't his head tilt have stopped? His left eye began protruding a bit some days before I took him to the vet, and she suspected it was because the tumor was pushing on it and I got some eye drops to use every day, but it hasn't gotten worse. He can close it fine and doesn't seem bothered.
>>
>>2010825
>his left eye began protruding
>head titling

That honestly sounds like PT. Never had a rat with PT before so I don't know long it takes before the rat begins to worsen.
>>
>>2010826
I guess I'll just consider myself lucky he hasn't gotten worse yet.
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>2010757
>Are you able to distinguish between myco and pneumonia?
I spoke to the vet about it, but it was a few years ago and I don't remember the details. Only because of the bad experience I had with the one rat would I not do the shower thing without speaking with a trusted vet first. Both of my rats right now have been suffering from URIs for a few months and they are on medication twice daily. It's a pain, but it's been working quite well for them.
>>
Does anybody know where to get D-Con pellets? I saw them on Amazon but they cost a ton. Best thing I've found to kill rats, but I can only find these big shitty blocks now at stores.
>>
>>2010836
Oh shit sorry, I just saw Rat General and didn't see it was for PET rats. My bad.
>>
>>2010832
I guess you'd be able to tell by listening to their chest. They're both treated with wide-spectrum antibiotics so I'm good.
>>
File: 1441618471581.gif (872 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1441618471581.gif
872 KB, 500x321
>>2010836
>>2010838
>>
>>2010836
Do you have lowes around where you live?
>>
>>2010845
No, but I go drive by one about once a week. Think they still carry them? Seriously, after my dogs killed all of my cats I've had constant mouse/rat problems. Used to use glue traps for mice, but the rats are big bastards so I don't think it'd work the same. Pellets are GOAT.
>>
>>2007841
Let them come to you. Usually when I get a brand new rat I leave them alone for the first 1-2 days. Then I'll stand by the cage with the door open and play video games/read etc for about 30min two times a day. Rats are curious. When they feel safe they get curious. When they come up to you (and they will) don't make a move to grab them. Just ignore them and let them see what you are. Do this right and you'll end up with a rat on your head. After this it's time to break out the treats. Be generous with them especially when they come up to you. After a while unless you have an especially skittish rat they will have no fear in approaching you
>>
>>2007841
Letting them approach you if a fine way to do it, but I always went the opposite way. Have them out with you constantly. Stay on your bed with them for hours after you bring them home. Get into a playpen with them. Let them wander around the bathroom and sit on the floor and read. For HOURS. Give them no time alone. It's called the "immersion method" and I prefer it. It forces them to get used to you and they'll do it a lot faster this way. I think they bond better this way too.
>>
>>2010830
Look for a supplement called turkey tail mushroom, you can order it from health shops. It comes in capsules with the fungus powder inside. Mix half a capsule with a bit of mashed banana/chocolate spread/some other mashed food your rats like, and feed daily to your rat.

It won't cure the tumour, but it will slow down the growth. One of my girls has an inoperable tumour that started growing rapidly, but the mushrooms have really slowed it down. It's still pretty big, but 4 months down the line it's still manageable; I suspect she'd be dead otherwise. It also seems to have perked her up.
>>
>>2008485

>I've owned like 50 rats

how? really want to know more now.

[spoiler] do you remember all the names? [spoiler]
>>
>>2011128
Well, I started owning them when I was 7 or 8 and the store was out of hamsters. I've spent probably a decade of my life owning rats. I didn't have them for the past 5 years because of unstable housing, but now I have 4 girls :D
Add in a whole bunch of accidental litters from when I was keeping boys and girls in a cage that I THOUGHT was secure but wasn't. It might be more than 50. I did find homes for all of them but now I won't keep males and females in the same house.

They didn't all have names, usually we just names the distinguishable ones (whether because of a marking or because they had such great temperament). My girls now don't have proper names yet, just nicknames. I remember all of my favorite rats though.
>>
File: 1449029636959.jpg (69 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1449029636959.jpg
69 KB, 504x470
Why dont you people just get up and go take a pic of your rat right now? I like your rats
>>
>>2011136

sweet
>>
File: kittens-wallpaper-1152x864.jpg (310 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
kittens-wallpaper-1152x864.jpg
310 KB, 1152x864
https://www.change.org/p/dennis-simonton-clark-county-state-s-attorney-boys-torturing-kittens-in-marshall-deserve-the-max-penalty?recruiter=441539698&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

http://wthitv.com/2015/12/02/marshall-superintendent-speaks-out-on-school-policy-as-students-face-animal-cruelty-charges/
>>
>>2011144
Just curious why did you post this in the rat general?
>>
File: 2015-12-04.jpg (24 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-04.jpg
24 KB, 384x512
>>2011139
ok
>>
File: 2015-12-04(3).jpg (39 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-04(3).jpg
39 KB, 512x384
>>2011139
studying
>>
File: hi 4chan.png (1 MB, 1101x616) Image search: [Google]
hi 4chan.png
1 MB, 1101x616
>>2011139
Currently sitting on the sofa with my 3 girls. Here's 2 of them.
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 1280x960
my rat got pneumonia :( But I've been spending more time with her to keep her company since she has to stay seperated from my friends rat until she's off her medication

she's the sweetest thing c:
>>
I miss my rats so much.
Sleep under the trees and shrubs
Sleep under the snow and dirt
'till we meet again
>>
>>2011222
That's kinda beautiful, anon. I appreciated that your nouns got closer to the ground as I read.
Descending gently.
>>
Damnit
>>2011254
>Descending gently
into your promised reunion

polite sage, sorry for double-posting mawkishness
>>
>>2011157
>>2011158
>>2011176
Nice!!

>>2011206
Aw hope she will feel better
>>
>>2011127
Thanks anon! I'll definitely look into that.
>>
I had hamsters like 15 years ago, I want to try keeping some rats, but the space I have its reduced.

How big should the cage be?, I have lots of cables, I guess they will fucking destroy them.
>>
>>2011290
if it's hard to let them out to play (cables, cats, mousetraps, etc) the cage should be fairly big. at least a couple levels and room for them to get exercise. you'll see what i mean - when a rat has room to run and play and bounce off the walls, they will. i learned this the hard way, at first i had a cage that was too small.
>>
File: 752861503.jpg (98 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
752861503.jpg
98 KB, 480x640
>>2011290
None of my rats (i've had 10) has ever bitten cables. They chew on lots of other things when I let them out - clothes and wall panels, but has never showed any form of interest in my cables. My Guinea pig wanted to chew on them constantly, but the rats never payed them any mind. You can never know of course, all it takes is one rat thinking it could be tasty to try them out.

They need a big cage - search for specific rat, chinchilla and ferret cages. They can be expensive, but if you buy a used one it's fairly cheap.
>>
>>2011301
damn i'd let my little bitch out to explore my aparement until i caught her knawthing through an extension cord. she was into the copper core before i stopped her. if she had shorted that cable it woulda been POOF

pic is pretty much what i found
>>
>>2011301
>>2011291
Cool. Well, they won't be outside of their cage if I'm not home. And I guess I could make something so they cannot leave my room, no one else here likes rats.

And, can you train them to come back if they escape or something?, I've seen some videos and little rascals seem to be quite smart.

and final question, I guess they will be using their wheel at 5am, no?. I'll have to look for a noiseless wheel. though, I remember my hamsters biting on the cage trying to get out.
>>
>>2011311
i'm not expert enough to answer most of your questions - but just make absolutely sure you don't have any cracks or passages in walls or through floors (especially under/behind wall skirting, radiator pipes, in closets, etc). remember that carpet tends to cover holes that might exist around edges... you won't see them but ratfriend will find them and suddenly drop throught he ceiling into the kitchen or something.

rats are noisy as fuck early morning. it doesn't matter what you do. even the water bottle makes so much noise, and they'll go apeshit on that thing, and everything else. i used to just slide the cage into my closet at night.
>>
>>2011311
Rats aren't usually interested in wheels, it doesn't stimulate them enough. But they will be playing and fighting which makes noise. They don't bite bars unless they're bored or live in a too small cage.

>can you train them to come back if they escape or something?
Escape where? If a rat crawls into a space where you can't get it out or it won't respond, it will likely come back to its cage voluntarily after some time, they treat the cage as their safe-place and home. You can train them to come when you call, but it doesn't always work if the rat is too invested in something else. Bribing with food helps a lot. I usually shake their box of nut treats and they come running as soon as they hear the sound.
>>
>>2011311
I've never had a rat actually escape. If they go missing they tend to come back within a day or two. I've seen rats on Youtube who come back like a dog when their name is called.

I find that they're much quieter at night when they've been out exploring during the day. And cables can be a problem- some won't chew on them, mine will especially if there's a tag on it.

Most rats don't like wheels, so that's optional.
>>
New rat owner. I have three rats all around 6 weeks or under. I'm worried because the heat just got cut off in my apartment. They are all hiding under a blanket. Is there anything I can further do to keep them warm (besides calling about the heat in the morning)?
>>
>>2011385
>heat just got cut off in my apartment
wat
just make sure they have enough fluffy stuff to nest in. i used to give my rat paper towels and she'd pull them into her little wooden box house and make a nest. they'll be fine as long as they have a place to nest anon.

also for chrissake fix ya heat!
>>
>>2007162
>2. Not of the same sex
>>
>>2011527
clearly a typo/brainfart, and already been pointed out
>>
>>2011385
I just got rats again today. Three of them. They are all 6 weeks or under. They are currently hiding under a blanket. Wtf dude stop copying me.

>however, the heat in my apt is working
>>
>>2011976
Where did you get them from? Maybe the other guy decided they needed to live with someone who could pay the bills.

Anyways I've been struggling to make my girls take their antibiotics. Mixed em with water but got worried when they didn't touch it for a full day. I ended up making a nasty soup with Ensure, bread, and human probiotic pills, but that's not a good long term solution since it'll spoil if left for a few hours. Any ideas?

((next time I'm just mixing the meds in with some food))
>>
>>2012037
Also does anyone have experience with withholding food/water for a day? I want to encourage them to finish off the medicine goop quickly but I worry that they could be picky enough to become dehydrated or starved.
>>
>>2012037
I got my boys to eat their antibiotics by mixing their doses with yogurt and feeding it to them individually. They licked the spoon clean every time.
>>
>>2012038
Your best bet for meds IMO is blueberry pancake syrup. They'll eat that shit right up. If all else fails i just use a 1cc syringe and pop it in their mouth and make em take it. No it wont make then hate you.
>>
Ive had rats for about 10 years now. Feel free to ask me questions, cant be bothered searching the thread for unanswered ones so make sure you reply to me. I compound my own meds and have access to a vet that over the 10 years has learned alot about them so any question will get answered. As far as what ive seen in this thread, ive had 6 nakeds and 4 rex's none of which have been mean, countless dumbos which while theyre affectionate dont seem more so than any other although a little doofy.
>>
>>2012174
Do male rats really leak urine a lot? Can you train them not to do that or is it just unavoidable for neutered rats
>>
>>2012175
un*neutered
I really should proofread before posting.
>>
>>2012175
Yes they do. But not all of them and no you cant train it out of them. It seems like they only do it when theyre real happy though so relish in that fact. Youll get used to it as nasty as it sounds lel
>>
>>2012177
Well thats how i read it. And ive had females that do it too, just one of the quirks of owning rats
>>
My 1.5 year old recently-adopted rat has been off the past several days. I noticed his appetite was lessened before I left town and my mom just called saying she noticed porphyrin around his eye (she was afraid it was blood). I'll be back home later this evening.

Are there any broad-spectrum antibiotics available without a prescription? I've been around the block a few times and know that's the first thing a vet's gonna do.
>>
>>2012186
Not sure what availability for you is but clavamox, doxycycline, baytril although baytril is a heavy hitter. Lemme grab a link for you right quick.
>>
>>2012186
http://www.rmca.org/Articles/dchart dot htm
>>
>>2012190
Thanks anon. Rest assured I'll take him to the vet if symptoms worsen or new ones develop. It just seems a shame to spend like $60-$80 when I already know what he's gonna say.
>>
>>2012186
If you live near a tractor supply co or another farm supply store you can buy a big bag of oxytetracycline for 6 bucks. That's what I use. You can pick up ivermectin in case of mites there too :-)
>>
So has anyone here ever bought rat supplies/accessories off of ebay before? Contemplating getting a new cage from there. I am a little unsure if I should be looking elsewhere.
>>
>>2012212
Im sure you know but ill add. Be super careful with ivermectin, everyone says a piece about the size of uncooked rice but i give half of that and still get good results. Overdosing is pretty much 100% lethal with the stuff. They also have apple flavored which they seem to like.
>>
>>2012235
check out marten's cages. rats are escape artists and you're better off buying a high quality cage because otherwise they're going to piss on it and chew on it and it's gonna get ruined fast. I buy other pet supplies off ebay though.

>>2012241
didn't know it was so lethal. good to know! my girls love the apple flavored.
>>
>>2012235
Seconded on the martins cages
>>
>>2012175
Yeah, and they walk over you deliberately to mark your hands/arms/clothes with their piss. It's only a few drops though, and it doesn't smell. In my experience they do it a lot when they're young, but kind of stop the older they get.
>>
Got two rats from a really horrible pet store where they were to be sold as feeders. One we thought was just of more relaxed temperament and the sneezing was due to a new home and the bedding but she was sick and died earlier this week. Unfortunately the other one might be showing symptoms. She is sneezing extensively and sometimes makes weird noises when she breathes. I checked some health guides online but they are difficult and I don't know exactly what the first rat had but obviously it was some respiratory thing. What if anything should I do to save the other one? Is there any medication that I can try? Thanks a bunch
>>
>>2012556
I swear I post this every day. Either pester your vet for antibiotics, go to a farm supply store, or find antibiotics intended for fish. I buy oxytetracycline for $6 at the tractor supply co.

Follow dosing here http://ratguide.com/meds/

Mind that with antibiotics, dosing is very important. She most likely has myco, a very common URI found in rats. Dosing too often or skipping/skimping on dosage can breed more resistant myco, so don't fuck up.
>>
File: 1441735020946.png (240 KB, 330x790) Image search: [Google]
1441735020946.png
240 KB, 330x790
>>2012568
fuck off edgelord
>>
>>2012568
End yourself faggot
>>
>>2012570
Thanks a bunch. I was checking rat guide but their search functionality sucks. It seems I want either enrofloxacin or doxycycline. Next week is finals and I'm a city without a car so I won't be able to go to a farm supply store until later this week. I'm looking online and having trouble finding places to buy even when searching their brand names of baytril and vibramycin. All I found was 1800petmeds dot com but they just have tabs and I would prefer to mix it in the water. Where is good to buy pet meds online?
>>
>>2012608
ebay. it's easy to get them in the form of fish antibiotics and most will be in a capsule so you can mix the powder with water. you can buy large quantities of livestock antibiotics online too.

if you can get a ride out to the farm store that's definitely the most economical :) I had to struggle out there by bus to get some last week. two hour bus ride but at least I have enough medicine for like a decade. good luck with your babies and with finals!
>>
>>2012611
>>2012611
Thanks a bunch! Found a bunch of 100mg capsules on eBay. One last question. ratguide says that it should be 100mg capsule in 4ml of water which is tiny! I'm in America so using stupid imperial but 4ml is under a teaspoon and i assume my rat has more than a teaspoon of water a day. So I would need 5 capsules for 4 teaspoons of water and even that feels a bit small for the amount consumed daily. Is that right? Or am I misreading the dosage? Because if I'm right and need to dose for at least 10 days I would need over 50 capsules.
>>
>>2012635
No, you force feed it that dosage. You don't just make it drink antibiotics instead of water
>>
>>2012635
oh, for doxycycline? I've never used it that medicine but yes 100mg cap in less than a teaspoon. The small dosage makes it easier to make sure she gets all of it, actually: you can follow the directions in the link below or feed them with a syringe or mix it in with something else. You'd provide with water as usual.

You're misreading the dosage:
>100 mg capsule in 4mL water/fresh daily = .10mL/lb for 14 to 30 days
Am I remembering right that you have one young girl? She probably weighs half a pound. If you don't have a scale I reccomend either getting one or telling your vet you don't need a full visit, just help with dosing and he might help you out.

these are helpful too. I love this website.
http://ratguide.com/meds/figures/giving_medications_figure_1.php
http://ratguide.com/meds/antimicrobial_agents/doxycycline.php

HOLD THE FUCKIN PHONE
>Can retard fetal skeletal development. It is not recommended to give in rats under 4 months of age, or to pregnant animals unless the benefit outweighs the risk.
glad I caught that. try to find a different med and run it by me, I'd do it for you but I'm supposed to be working on my finals :)
>>
>>2012650
Thanks I'm stupid that makes more sense

>>2012654
Whoa awesome thanks. I found those medicine treat ball things and was amped and about to buy the medicine and everything until I saw your post. I saw that clause but didn't read past "pregnant". Fuck. Gonna call the vet after finals tomorrow for another medicine. Will report back.
>>
>>2012544
>>2012178
Thank you! I love how cuddly the males sound but I'm leaning more toward females now.
>>
File: rat eats python.jpg (86 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
rat eats python.jpg
86 KB, 720x960
>>2006922
I have been feeding my rat ball pythons lately. I am worried that the pythons carry parasites and I have quit feeding them to my rat. Garter snakes are smaller and easier to manage, and they are less likely to make my rat sick.

>>2006934
>>2006922
On a serious note, this. I had one rat and he lived 3-4 years with no company aside from me. He was depressed, agoraphobic (terrified of leaving cage), and overweight. I took him outside to play in a flower bed, he crawled in a bush and killed a small snake. He died this April from paralysis (apparently common in males). I have two happy females now. Do not introduce an adult male to another. They will fight to the death over cage territory. Get some wooden stuff for them to chew on. They won't quit eating and DIE from tooth problems as quickly as guinea pigs do, but it can still be a serious problem. Don't feed oranges (and maybe other citrus) to males since the white part can cause bladder cancer. Aside from that they can pretty much eat any food, but try to keep it healthy and not too fattening unless you want to research diabeetus.
>>
>>2012186
This anon again. Family failed to mention on that phone that he's also lethargic and breathing hard. Will be hitting up the vet first thing tomorrow morning. Probably the same antibiotics will be prescribed but it can't wait.
>>
>>2012668
there's also different antibiotics that I know are available on ebay. antibiotics tend to be fairly safe, which is why they're available over the counter if you know where to look. some vets though will just give you the meds. but yeah that's why it's important to double check everything :)

>>2012676
males=a little gross
females=hyper as hell
it pretty much evens out.

>>2012697
that snake got REKT

most males can live fine with each other if introduced properly.
>>
>>2012707
>most males can live fine with each other if introduced properly.
It's possible but very difficult if they are both adults and one was already living in the cage. My rat attacked the other and left him with permanent scars. They would fight on neutral territory (the bathtub) as well. Females are a lot more hyper than males. My first male was unusually calm and introverted though, he had a similar personality to me and my first male dog. He wouldn't bite people though. Some rats nibble but I haven't had one that would bite enough to hurt you. They are nicer than most rodents.
>>
>>2012715
I've never had that happen. Maybe it's more of a problem when it's one on one since all my introductions with male rats have been one male into an cage established with multiple males? Only serious rat-on-rat aggression I've had was when my dwarf rat killed a baby :( that was somewhat my fault though.
>>
>>2012037
Mix the medicine with either mashed banana, yoghurt or chocolate spread. Even if they hate the medicine, they'll lick the spoon clean. Mine pull hilarious faces because they're clearly disgusted by the medicine, but they love the food it's mixed with.

It's also a nice bit of bonding if you get them to sit on your lap to lick the spoon. Mine is so used to it she'll run up to me when she knows it's medicine time.
>>
>>2012037
>>2012804
Also, to add, don't mix with fruit juice or smoothies. Although rats can have it, it can upset their stomachs. I once gave one of mine some antibiotics mixed with a berry smoothie, it gave her explosive poops that came out the same colour as the smoothie. I thought she was dying at first ;_;
>>
>>2012721
Somehow that last sentence made me picture Danny DeVito in a rat costume pouncing a small child
>>
>>2012707
Thanks. Just called the vet in my neighborhood but they only take cats and dogs and the closest one that takes "exotic" pets is far and I might not make it until later this week. Does anyone know of antibiotics that are good for rats younger than 4 months that can help with myco / respiratory infections? If so I want to order online ASAP so it doesn't get worse.
>>
>>2012963
I wouldn't order online anon, the dosage amount has to be carefully calculated based on the rat's weight. Too little and it won't do shit, too much and it may make your rat sick, or even kill it.
>>
File: devito.jpg (30 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
devito.jpg
30 KB, 500x313
>>2012804
problem was I'd already mixed the meds in water. I figured out a way to get it into them, tho. ensure and maple syrup!
>>2012805
possible there was dairy in the smoothie?
>>2012842
>>2012963
so I checked out these meds. they are available on ebay and amazon and are safe for young rats.

>tylosin/tylan
>enrofloxacin/baytril

These are a little expensive online though. Try calling ANY vet, antibiotics are used pretty widely. Try to get them to just give you the meds. Sooner you can get them, the better. And I recommend buying a needleless syringe and a pocket scale at the same time if you can.
>>
Sure is ded here. While my rats sickness is super shitty for me at least it's keeping the general alive

>>2013032
>>2012973
I just came back from the vet and got some meds. She's not too keen on taking it so I'm mixing it in with some banana and might make medicine balls later per the ratguide recipe. Any good things to put the medicine in? It's this nasty ass bubblegum flavor
>>
>>2013703
baby food
gatorade
ensure
soup
oatmeal
the possibilities are endless!

some things to note- some medicines can't be taken with dairy or vitamins.
>>
>>2013703
and also thanks for going to the vet during finals week :) I'm glad you got the meds!
>>
File: 20151207_112001.png (321 KB, 720x1134) Image search: [Google]
20151207_112001.png
321 KB, 720x1134
Two of my rats are showing respiratory symptoms again. They were treated for a respiratory infection last month, were symptom free, and now it's back. Sigh.

Thankfully my vet is great and not too expensive.

>pic unrelated
>>
File: WP_20151206_002.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151206_002.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
Can someone give me tips on socializing the three 6 week old females I got last weekend? I picked only the most social ones but now they hide all day and are really hesitant to take treats from me. And strangely they seem to dislike yogurt, apples, carrots, and raisins. I'm afraid they're not eating enough in general. Help?

>Pic is a noiseless running wheel made for them from knex. I plan to line it with a strip of carpet on the inside.
>>
>>2013724
>most expensive food
>some of the least expensive toys, not even the cow tube instead of shitty cardboard

Step it up, senpai.
>>
>>2008812
They're not even the same species, sewer rats are Rattus rattus and domestic rats are a domesticated strain of Rattus norvegicus
>>
Anybody have experiance with rats living with other animals , would a cat just stress them to death if around each other while supervised ?
>>
>>2013927
>would a cat just stress them to death if around each other while supervised ?
no, the cat will eat it.
>>
>>2013927
My rats and my dog get along great. They're never left alone together, I'm always watching.

Dog is a border collie so she tries to herd them around lmao. Certain breeds were bred to hunt and kill rats though so be careful.
>>
>>2013927
My cats used to be scared of my rats when they were alive.
>>
>>2013943
Cool , i have a collie as well but he seems bummed since my cat died . Was thinking of trying out a new pet and my best friend had rats when i was younger , use to build massive mazes for the lil fooks
>>
>>2013927
my cat would just sit and watch them. she would stick her paws through the bars and they would bite her, they were not scared at all of her but i never let her near them when they were out.
>>
How are rats when it comes to leaving a smell, assuming regular enclosure cleaning and such ? They seem like cool pets but sometimes im entertaining and would rather present a pleasent smelling house to guests
>>
>>2013955
Rats are pretty much scentless as long as you clean their cage 1-2 times a week. Your guest wouldn't notice any rat smell as long as you don't keep them in your living room.
>>
>>2013841
I love your wheel!

If you let them free feed they should be fine, assuming you aren't noticing any health issues. Some tips for socializing:
-Put food on a spoon for them and let them lick it off.
-Just chill next to their cage as often as you can. Read a book or dick around on your computer. Talk softly to them.
-Don't grab them out of the cage. Let them learn your hands are safe and that if they come up to you, they'll get food!
-If you can rat proof a room, do so. Leave the cage door open and let them explore. If they come investigate you, give them treats.

Don't stress though. New rats can be very shy. Right now they're scared, but pretty soon they'll be too curious to just hide. I'm assuming they have plenty of hiding spaces?

>>2013927
my shih tzu used to round up the babies for me when they escaped. she'd put them gently in her mouth and plop them in my lap. never had a single injured rattie from her.

>>2013955
I have four girls and with weekly cleaning you don't smell their cage. If you're worried about the smell just keep their cage out of the main rooms and clean it regularly and it's fine. If you're a neat freak, clean the cage 2x weekly and stick it in the shower or under a hose once weekly.

Boys smell stronger, but again if you clean it regularly it won't be a problem. Same as with litter boxes though, if you clean it twice a month it's gonna smell baaaaaaaaad.
>>
>>2013989
Is there a difference in personality based on sex?
>>
>>2013989
I'm having trouble finding treats that they'd like enough to overcome their shyness. They didn't even lick yogurt with apple bits from a spoon because I was there. Have any suggestions?
They have a space pod covered with my unwashed shirt to hide in but they spend all their time there.
>>
>>2013990
Typically, females are more active and adventurous, and males are more laid-back and couch potatos. But, I've met quite a few exceptions, so don't depend on it.
>>
File: 1987_Splinter.jpg (65 KB, 340x260) Image search: [Google]
1987_Splinter.jpg
65 KB, 340x260
>>2013991
>>
File: IMG_20150815_192854960.jpg (874 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150815_192854960.jpg
874 KB, 2592x1456
>>2013990
I've only kept females but I've read that males are way more mellow and lazy.

My girls are very active, if they're out of the cage, they've on the move. My oldest is approaching her 3rd birthday and I sometimes get to pet her for a few seconds before she wants to resume running around and exploring.
>>
>>2013996
I imagine it's because they're still scared. Be patient and keep trying. With rats that aren't used to people it can be slow, just keep trying every day. With daily contact, even the grumpiest rat can learn to enjoy human company!

I adopted my girls just a month ago, but these are some of their favorite foods:
-mealworms
-ensure
-sunflower seeds
-chex cereal

>>2013990
most boys are lazy cuddlebugs.
most girls are hyper maniacs.

love my girls but I wish they'd stay still sometimes.
>>
>>2013927
Always supervise your rats with other animals, especially cats and dogs. Even if the cat/dog overcomes its instinct to eat the prey animal, they are still massively bigger than the rats and can accidently hurt them.
>>
>>2014003
Our 3 year old male was like that, he wouldn't want to sit on you for very long before exploring. His health deteriorated a little bit and he has more trouble walking but on the plus side he likes snuggling and sleeping under clothes and getting pats now
>>
>>2013927
Some dogs do great with rats. My parent's Old Danish Pointer (which are ironically bred to catch small animals) was crazy about the rats. Whenever he came over he would run to the cage and start bawling because he wanted to get in, and he didn't want to bite or hunt them, he just wanted to lick and be friends. He would whine when we put the rats back in in the cage and lay down next to it and sleep. Was always super gentle with them.

Their other dog though, German Sheppard, well she was also really excited about the rats, but it was clear from her body language it was for other reasons. I have no doubts she would have eaten them up in a second if we had put them out with her.

I would be very cautious with a cat, it's their instinct to hunt and kill rats.
>>
I saw a dead rat outside and I started crying. Now I gotta go hug my rats. :(
>>
>>2014291
>crying for an outside rat
domestic rats are totally different from those pests
>>
>>2014448
It was a brown hooded rat. Looked pretty domestic to me. No idea how it got out there.
>>
>>2014479
Must have been a pet someone released. I've always wondered if in the right location domesticated rats would be able to form a colony, though. Like how some parks are overrun with wild/domestic hybrid rabbits.
>>
>>2014504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKjvz26FVZs
This documentary might be relevant to your interests. It follows the life of a group of lab rats released into a protected area where they're observed to see if they will display normal wild rat behavior and be able to survive on their own, despite never having set foot outside of their bare cage or interacted with other rats.

I think it's real interesting how quick the rats adapt and regain their normal behavior.
>>
>>2014479
Two of my rats were adopted. Apparently their former owner marched into a pet shop and demanded that if they didn't take them up for adoption she'd release them into the wild. Pet shop took them in, put a sign up offering them for adoption rather than sale, and I took them.

They're the sweetest, moth loveable pair, and they wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in the wild. The thought of this bitch dumping them outside, and the idea of them huddling scared and cold, makes me just shake with anger. There's a special place in Hell for people like that.
>>
>>2006922
Rats are actually awesome.
Pros:
They're smart enough to learn their name, come when called, and do tricks if you're clever about teaching them. They're very social and very curious and it's like having a little friend, as opposed to a ferret, who in my experience is always just using you, and a guinea pig, who in my experience is always just terrified and doing nothing.

Cons:
They often get tumors after they're a year or two old and the last months of their life are hard to watch as they can't burrow or climb and have to drag a big lump around.
>>
>>2014714
>Releasing pet rodents into the wild
I remember some anon from a pet rage thread told how they'd gotten their Guinea pig. The previous owner had just placed the poor pig in an open cage in the middle of a forest road, and anon found it huddling up all scared in the back of it - luckily it had been too frightened to move.

But who does that?! How stupid do you really have to be to think your Guinea pig or rat who has never been outside or dealt with predators, could survive in an unprotected environment? Do people really fool themselves into thinking the pet will be okay and live happily ever after in the forest? That's the kind of lie you tell a small child after their hamster ran away or something.

I'd rather fucking kill my rats with my bare hands than 'release' them into the wild.
>>
>>2014653
>rat gang raping a female
Is rape natural?
>>
>>2014756
>Is rape natural.
Well.. yes. The need to procreate is natural, humans have raped since the dawn of time. Animals don't do it for other reasons than to pass on their sperm though (you can argue about dolphins because it's been observed they have sex for fun).

Ducks sometimes end up drowning females because they pile on top of them.
>>
>>2014756
Animals low on food chain typically rape or attract mates with a show of force so that stronger, better survivor genes are more often bred.

Predators and less preyed upon animals tend to attract via compassion, gift-giving, and other showy mating rituals to pass on the more fabulous genes. Idk what they're accomplishing with that honestly.
>>
>>2014756
Depends on what you consider 'rape' in the animal kingdom. Rape is a human concept, animals simply procreate. Like >>2014815 mentions, the use of force/piling on top of the female is a natural part of many prey animal's mating rituals. This is their 'default' way of mating a female.
>>
/an/ does your rats 'spazz out' too? One of my boys goes crazy when he's out sometimes, when I tickle him, he jerks around and jumps up, runs away and sprints back so I can do it again. When he's in these moods he also chews on anything he can find - mainly my floor panels and plants.

I've asked before in an earlier thread but I didn't get much answers, how to stop making him eat my damn plants when he's free-roaming? Not only do I not want him eating them for his own good, but he's completely destroying them. I put him back in the cage when he does it, but he doesn't seem to get it, he just goes and does it again the moment he's out. He normally comes when I call, but not when he's eating plants. I try moving them to places I think he won't be able to reach, but he always gets to them somehow. They must be real fucking tasty.
>>
>>2014815
>Idk what they're accomplishing with that honestly.

It basically shows they're awesome and don't give a fuck.

Peacocks, for instance. Males stand out a mile, their giant tails slow them down and are easy targets for predators. But the flashier males get to brag "LOOK AT ME I'M A BIG TARGET BUT I'M SO AWESOME I'M STILL ALIVE DESPITE THESE HANDICAPS". Which means they're stronger and more adaptable than a male that skulks in the shadows.
>>
>>2014786
Fuck that's rough.
>>
File: Albino Grey Seer.jpg (195 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
Albino Grey Seer.jpg
195 KB, 800x550
>>2012697
Well, somebody received the Horned Rat's favor.
>>
>>2015165
Its really not. If it helps, females of those species essentially have rape fetishes since that's the norm for procreation. They want to be overtaken by the cleverest, muscliest mate.
>>
>>2014730
This. I'd rather they became snake food then slowly starve to death, frightened and alone.
>>2015037
Spazzes are pretty common. One of my girls is a massive spaz and does the same as yours. She's also a destructive maniac. Either find a way to get them out of his reach or restrict his free roaming. You could do what some rabbit owners do and make him a little salad.

My rats have been depressed because I've had finals and haven't been able to play with them. They've been sleeping nonstop, poor babies. Finals are over so I'm gonna spoil them rotten.

>>2015342
>fetishes
>norm for procreation
I don't think you understand what a fetish is. I also don't think that an animal can have a fetish. Idk, bugguy would know.
>>
>>2015357
We should have trigger warnings for pictures like this in the rat general, really.

I think that starving to death over weeks is crueler. I have had to rehome rats as feeders as a last resort before. I treat it the same way I would if it was an adoption. If I can ensure decent, if not loving treatment and a fast death that is better than suffering for weeks until they starve to death.

>chance at survival
No, not really.
>>
>>2015364
>trigger warnings

Fuck off fag.
>>
>>2012697
That's fucked up.
>>
>>
>>2011222
>that feel
>again and again

Damn why does the best pet only live 3 years?
>>
>>2015364
>Rehome rats
>As feeders

Uh, that's not rehoming anon...
>>
Planning on picking up two males in the new year from my local pet store. How big of a cage should I get them? I already have a bunch of ideas for toys, and areas they can play in, but I'm stumped on a cage. Any advice?
>>
>>2016763
A ferret-sized cage, ideally. You have to make sure the bars aren't too wide or young ones can escape.

http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/rat/ check these out, these are amazing cages and you should be able to get them by new years.
>>
>>2016763
Adding in. You can find good cages for cheap if you buy used from Facebook groups, Ebay, Craigslist etc.
>>
I'm thinking about getting a pet rat too, my question is, the only room I can keep them in is my bedroom, which I have a desk to keep a shelter for the rat, but I can't fall asleep with any sound going on, and since rats are nocturnal, I'm wondering how loud, and how manageable the noise is.
>>
>>2016978
>I can't fall asleep with any sound going on
if this is true then you can't keep them in your room, period.

They are nocturnal, but if you entertain them during the day I find they're very quiet at night. I play with mine for at least half an hour a little before bed time and I have no trouble sleeping so long as I remember.
>>
>>2016978
It differs. I've had groups of rats that were incredibly noisy, but my current ones are pretty calm and don't keep me awake.

There will be noise no matter what though. They chew and rip paper for nesting, eat food pellets, fight, play and jump around. I replaced their water bottle with a bowl at night because it made too much noise when they all wanted to drink. They're not good to have in the bedroom if you're a very light sleeper imo.
>>
>>2016981
Hmm, alright. I really hate that my asshole roomate won't let me at least keep them in like the living room, but he pays most of the rent so eh. Hell, might be smarter to just find something I can block noise with personally. Maybe some ear plugs, but I sleep on my side so eh.
>>2016985
I see. I really hate to drop my choice to adopt rats, which I think at this point is my only option, but I need to get a pet before I go insane. Any small rodents you'd recommend, low noise and maintenance? A good bedroom pet that's not a boring fish.
>>
>>2007881
They LOVE peanut butter. You should limit how much they get though, not because it's unsafe but because a lot makes them fat.
>>
>>2014815
>Idk what they're accomplishing with that honestly.

That's why you'll die alone, possibly with a sexual assault charge on your record.
>>
>>2014786
No it's not you disgusting fuck. Animals don't rape and there's no justification for humans doing it.
>>
>>2016990
hamster? bunny? guinea pig?

idk, your options are pretty much limited. all other rodents are BTFO by rats, no contest.

can you sleep with a fan on? if you can do that plus keep the cage in your closet at night, you'd probably be fine. or move out.
>>
>>2017000
Where did that anon state it was justified? It IS natural, as in humans have had the capacity for it since we evolved from apes. It sure as hell isn't something that has been planted in us by someone else or created by science, and we know not only psychopaths and abnormal people rape, sometimes whole societies are built upon it (forced marriage). Natural doesn't mean 'good'.

Rape, violence and war, just because that's a natural part of humanity doesn't mean it's right. Animals don't rape, they just procreate.
>>
>>2017000
Here comes the trigger wagon.
>>
>>2017087

this. "natural" really doesn't mean anything, it's a completely useless word.

is a tree planted by a human nature? because after all, humans are nature, too, are they not?

if the former questions are answered with yes then a smartphone built by roboters built by humans is nature, too.

the borders between natural and artificial are completely arbitrary and have always been.

"natural" doesn't mean good, natural doesn't mean a state that is desirable to achieve, all it means is "this occurs in nature"
>>
>>2017000
Yes it is you SJW trigger'd tub of lard. You think 'natural' means righteous and beautiful?
>>
>>2017000
Funfact of the day: Sometimes sea otters drag baby seals into the water and rape them for literal days while eating their faces until they slowly slowly die.
>>
>>2017118

how do you know it is rape? why do you say "rape them for literal days" instead of "fuck them for literal days"?

rape is sex without consent. if you don't have any idea of consent, how could it be rape?
>>
>>2017126
This. Rape is a human term and applies to humans only. An animal can't be a rapist imo.
>>
File: 2015-09-25 17.28.45.jpg (1 MB, 2176x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-25 17.28.45.jpg
1 MB, 2176x3264
>>2006922
Got three rats since this summer (all male). Two of them are great and social especially the Great Groke (bad pic related) who's just fat and happy but I'm having some problems with the smallest one. He refuses to be picked up (keeps screaming) and is constantly afraid of me. Does anyone have any tips on how to make him more sociable?
>>
>>2017224
To him you're a big scary monster, that's why he's scared. But don't worry anon, it can be solved.

He should be used to your voice and smell by now, so you need to show him being around you is a good thing. Put some natural yoghurt on a spoon and let him lick it clean- he'll love the yoghurt but have to stay close to you to eat it. Do this until he's comfortable. Let him run on your sofa/bed, lure him over with the spoon again, but this time he has to sit on your lap to eat it. Build this up until you can rest your hand on him (but don't move it or startle him). Gradually get him used to you touching him.

Remember, always scoop them up from underneath if you can- being grabbed from above triggers a fear response, as that's how birds of prey grab them!

Failing all else, pick him up and don't let go for about 20 mins. They can't keep their fear response up for long periods of time. He'll freak out, then calm down, and eventually realise there's nothing to worry about.
>>
File: 2015-05-28 22.17.03.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-28 22.17.03.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>2017234
I've tried all of those trick but i guess I will just have to keep trying. I even walked around with him for hours every day in a bonding pouch (altered hoodie) and entire week to make him understand that i don't want to hurt him but he just doesn't seem to get it. He loves yogurt but refuses to eat it from my finger or spoon I'm holding; even when he sees his brothers munch away. I don't think he will ever sit in my lap and chill but just being able to pick him up when he's getting back in the cage would be great.
>pic related, their cage before they moved in.
>>
>>2017241
DIY cage?
>>
File: 2015-07-18 15.40.12.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-18 15.40.12.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>2017244
Yeah- Most commercial cages are either ugly or doesn't live up to Swedish legal standards. In hindsight I should have made the floor a bit bigger but since they mostly just sleep in there it doesn't quite matter.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 600x449
>>2006922
I have a rat who will NOT stop fucking biting. When I let him and the rest of the rats out, he hangs around me and WON'T STOP FUCKING BITING ME. it's awful. Nothing seems to trigger it. If I put my hands near him in the cage, he sniffs and then bites; Sometimes it's a nibble, other times it breaks skin. He also will bite my toes while I'm walking. And my ears. And my nose. And actually every part of my physical being sans dick and balls have been violated by this animal.
He's not afraid of me, he'll crawl all over
me, no problem. But sometimes, when I go to touch him or pick him up, he'll scream. All the guides online talk exclusively about dealing with aggressive or shy rats, but he doesn't seem to have any reason at all when he bites.
>>
>>2017428
He thinks you're food.
>>
>>2017428
is he biting to break the skin or just grabbing you cause my rats bite all the time but they never break the skin they just grab on and pull to get my hand where they want it
>>
>>2006922
the downside is my older female rat passed away early this year due to old age and she had a mammary tumor. I took her tot he vet and they said it was common and since she is small and it was small at the time it was a 50/50 she would wake up from surgery.

I just let her live the rest of her life till she passed. As for the other one, she ended up not using her back legs and is now developing a mammary tumor as well. I hate it. I've had this one since she was a baby and I don't like seeing her like that. : /
>>
>>2017442
This makes sense. I would also probably squeak the fuck out if my food tried picking me up.
>>
New eat owner: how much sneezing is too much sneezing? How do I know it is a disease and not just allergies? What are other symptoms to look for
>>
>>2017428

feed him to a snek
>>
>>2018242
Can you give us an idea anon? Is the sneezing every few seconds, minutes, hours?

This isn't a full list, but look out for any of these symptoms as well:

>Runny eyes
>Wheezy breathing
>Odd clicky breathing if you put your ear to them
>Discharge from nose
>Loss of appetite
>Change in personality/behaviour
>Dirty fur/not grooming themselves
>Sitting there looking miserable/not running about
>>
File: IMG_8660.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8660.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>>2012697
>Do not introduce an adult male to another. They will fight to the death over cage territory.

You know nothing of rat behavior and should not be giving advice. 99% of male rats should be housed with at least one other rat. Behavioral issues can occur, but if you socialize your rat properly they will get along just fine.

>pic related
Jenkin and his little brother, Titan. Jenkin had aggression but we worked with him and he adjusted to buddies perfectly. Of our roughly 20 male rats, he was the only one who ever gave us issues.
>>
File: dudes.jpg (219 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
dudes.jpg
219 KB, 2048x1365
Guys I have a question.

One of my two rats died today. I was putting him back to the cage, maybe I handled him wrong, maybe he got scared and he bit me quite hard. I dropped him and he had to fall unfortunately because he instantly spasmed. We rushed him to a 24/7 vets but there was only one vet available and was busy with another serious case.

Long story short, I spent 20 minutes watching him die. At the end he just started shaking and stopped breathing. I'm pretty overridden with feelings of guilt atm. Can't stop thinking that I grabbed him in a wrong way or maybe I made his state worse when I took him out of the cage after the fall. Nevermind, that's not the question I came here to ask.

My other rat witnessed the whole ordeal. After the first one fell both me and my gf panicked and I guess that he got scared. It's been 4 hours since we got back without his friend and he's visibly depressed. He's constantly hiding in a hanging sleeve or in his wooden house. He's eager to take snacks from me tho and isn't afraid around me if I take him out of his cage.

Should I get another rat asap? Should it be male too? A small one?
Any advice about what should I do in general?

I should add that the one that died was a little bit dominant, even though the remaining one is a few months older (he was alone before). They got along quite fine, save from some minor fights that occurred on a weekly basis or less often.

Damn, I never thought I would feel so sad and guilty for a rat before.

Pic related, the black one passed away.
>>
>>2019770
Sorry to hear about the rat. Accidents happen though.
>>
>>2019770
>Should I get another rat asap? Should it be male too? A small one?
A new rat is likely to help the remaining one get over his depression. A young male, so the older rat won't feel threatened. You should try and introduce them on neutral ground, clean the cage out real good so it doesn't smell of the resident rat once you feel it's safe to keep them together.

Sometimes, if the resident rat is very territorial and dominant, it's a good idea to place the new one in a closed carrier inside of the cage for some days so the other can get used to its presence and smell.

They will probably fight a bit at first to establish dominance, but as long as no blood is drawn and one isn't being overly aggressive it should be okay.
>>
>>2019838
>>2019770
Oh, and I'm sorry your rat died :(

One of my first ones died of constipation during the span of a few days, and I didn't know much about rats at the time so I just thought he had gotten fat real quick. One day he was suddenly dead in his cage. I then read up on it and realized why he had been so 'round' and felt horrible about not acting on it. He was only a baby...
>>
>>2019770
Sorry for your loss anon :( Don't blame yourself though, rats cope very well with falling, but perhaps the impact triggered another health condition you weren't aware of.

I'd really recommend getting another rat. When I kept a pair and one died, the other became extremely depressed and timid. She wouldn't do anything by herself and I couldn't even coax her out her cage. She'd only come to the doors to be fed. It was heartbreaking. I adopted two new girls and now she's a changed rat, completely different from how she was when she was alone.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to introduce a new rat, as your rat's relationships sound a lot like mine had. Get two new rats (they keep each other company during the introduction phase, plus it saves doing this all over again when another dies), and do the step-by-step gradual introductions (important for you since you have male rats, which can be harder to introduce than females). If they're anything like mine, the lonely one should bond with them quickly, just because he's happy to have company again.

Good luck anon, keeps us informed!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
I bought a cardboard castle thing for my rats to play in. It's fantastic. I thought I was wasting my money but it's great.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>
>>2019948
>>2019966
Cool anon! That seems like a real fun playpen for the rats.
>>
>>2019948
>>2019966
This looks awesome anon! Do the surrounding walls come with it, or did you build them yourself?
>>
>>2020023
I used the box it came it and cut them into walls. Otherwise the rats (especially fucking Heinrich) would be under the sofa and it'd take hours to get them out.
>>
File: rattatasm.jpg (22 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
rattatasm.jpg
22 KB, 500x299
>>2006972
>>2006977
>>2009312
Dumbos (in my experience) are more docile, dummer, and more prone to morbid obesity. They are wonderful cuddle buddies, but it can be easy to kill them with kindness :(

On a different note, I have a two year old male with a large lump on his hip. Not sure if its a tumor or cyst, but its about egg yolk size I'd say.
He started with two small ones that grew slowly, then one just shrank up until it just became like a wart. This one started to get smaller, then ballooned out. It started out smooth and is now kinda lumpy, but its pretty firm.
Hes already kind of old for surgery, and I really don't have a few hundred to pay a vet. Anything at home I can do?
>>
>>2020031
Turkey tail mushroom. Comes in a supplement pill form. Mix half a pill with something and feed daily. Will help slow the growth down.
>>
>>2020031
>Dumbos (in my experience) are more docile, dummer, and more prone to morbid obesity.

I've only had one dumbo, but he fits the bill. Only wants to cuddle or sleep all day long, over-eater, chubby and round, can't make a jump or fight for his life. His method of defense is to poop and stand still. Wouldn't make it a day in the wild.
>>
File: yeezus.jpg (132 KB, 763x960) Image search: [Google]
yeezus.jpg
132 KB, 763x960
Hey guys, I'd like to say in advance that I don't currently have any pictures, but I'd appreciate advice from anyone who's gone through anything similar.

I have two rats, one who's age is a mystery and one who's about a year old at this point. I've recently noticed a growth on the tail of my year old rat. It appears to be a tumor, but I'm not sure. It's almost a perfectly round ball, and scary big.

I've been searching for pictures of rat's tumors online and they don't look anything like it.

Is it possible it's some sort of infection, or something else?

I know taking it to the vet is a priority, and I plan to do that ASAP. My family just recently went to the vet for a medical problem with another animal however, and we're a little strapped for cash.

Can anyone offer any advice about what I should do?

Pic is him a few months ago, trying to hide from my mom.
>>
>>2020308
It could be an abscess, it's very easy for a rat's tail to get caught/scratched/bit. It's a bit difficult to tell without seeing the pictures. What does it feel like? Does it move around under the skin, or does it feel attached to the bone?
>>
>>2020308
Does it smell? Abscesses and skin infections on rats smell real terrible. How long did it take to grow? The tail/rump is a popular spot for both abscesses and tumors, so it could be either.

If it turns out to be an abscess you can bring the infection to a head with warm compresses
>>
My fiance and I were at PetSmart today to get some stuff for our cats, and we noticed there was only one rat in the rat cage/terrarium. It turns out that location is no longer going to carry rats and the last remaining one had his buddy taken away a few days ago. We felt so sorry for the poor guy (his name is Samson) so we decided to adopt him. Weirdly enough, they had an extra cage in the back that was returned so we got that for free (normally about $100), and they were having some kind of adoption special so the rat was free too (he was only $12 otherwise, but still not bad).

I know it's recommended that you get two rats at once, but there wasn't another rat in the store and that's part of the reason we got him. Are there any dangers in introducing a cagemate in a few weeks? He seems really chill and laid back, but I've heard male rats can sometimes fight each other? Does anyone have any recommendations? Would it have been better to leave him at the store?

I'm also wondering about behavior. While we were setting up his cage he was fine chilling on my shoulder, but now that it's set up he just wants to sleep inside his plastic hut thing inside the cage. Now, it's only been a few hours and it's about 9PM right now, so I imagine he's just tuckered out, though I really wanted to play with him some more. My assumption is that I shouldn't ever upend his plastic hut because that could cause unneeded stress, but I know it's good to handle rats often. Is it just a case of waiting for him to be more active before taking him back out again?
>>
>>2021950
>>2021950
Firstly anon, well done you for giving him a home! Also you bagged a bargain there.

>Cagemates
He really does need to have some cage mates. It can be tricky to introduce new rats, because it depends on their personalities. Some will be fine with meeting new friends, others will be wary, others will hate it. If he's laid back it should hopefully go smoothly. Do you know how to introduce new rats?

>Behaviour
When one of my rats was alone in her cage due to the other dying, I noticed she spent a lot of time curled up asleep in her hut. I think being alone kills their desire for play and exploring. Don't drag him out- he needs to associate playtime with you as a positive thing. Wait until he's active, then call him and talk to him as you take him out. Eventually, as he gets used to your voice, he'll poke his head out and come running whenever he hears you.

Good luck anon, feel free to ask us anything!
>>
File: giphy.gif (203 KB, 279x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
203 KB, 279x240
>mfw rat is having sneezing fits

I think she's got something stuck in her nose, but goddamn it's making me worried. I didn't realise my hypochondria applied to my pets too.
>>
>>2021950
>Behavior
It's normal for rats to be a bit scared and unwilling to leave their hiding place during the first few days of being put in a new cage, especially if they're alone. It should pass once he gets used to you and his new home.

>Should I get another rat?
A cagemate is definitely ideal. How old is the one you just bought? It's always easier introducing a young rat, so if both of them are small and only a few moths old, they should become friends pretty quick. Sometimes an older rat can be aggressive and unwilling to share his territory, but they rarely feel threatened by babies. You will come by the occasional rat that just HATES other rats and want nothing to do with them, but that is far from the norm and shouldn't be expected. For the majority of pet rats, getting them a friend is essential if you want them to be healthy and happy.

I just introduced my 5 month old male who is pretty territorial to a little guy, and it went really well. They fought a bit at first, old rat needed to assert his dominance, baby wanted to hump and challenge him all of the time, but now they sleep rolled up in the hammock looking so cute and cozy together. My older rat is definitely happier than he was a week ago.

>Clean cage out good, move things around
>Place baby rat in small travel cage/carrier/box next to older rat
>Let older rat explore baby rat cage and get used to its smell
>Introduce on neutral grounds(a place that isn't old rat's territory)
>Fighting and chasing is normal, no blood means no foul
>Supervise them the first days, make sure old rat isn't too aggressive.
>Loud squeaking can sound very serious, but often isn't - they're just playing around/not biting or doing each other any harm.
>If they sleep together and groom, they're good.

Depending on how aggressive the old rat is, introduction time can wary, but I have had over 15 males, and only one of them was unable/unwilling to live with others.
>>
Does anyone else have rats that still bite each others ears? Apparently they're supposed to grow out of it but they're almost pushing 3 now. Always biting, squeaking and generally just provoking each other. At least there hasn't been any ear scabbing recently. Silly boys need to grow up.
>>
>>2022269
For how long? In my experience, being a hypochondriac around your rat is often a good call. The can go from fine to bad in so little time :(
>>
>>2022306
I had one male who never stopped dragging his brother around by his left ear. I've read it's dominance related and they do it a lot with babies, like power-grooming. It never seems aggressive, but it doesn't seem very nice either...
>>
>>2021950
If the rat seems chill, he'll probably be chill with a new rat too. They love grooming and playing around with each other so much it's just downright sad to see one being kept alone.

They will probably fight, and it can look and sound pretty violent, but as long as they don't bite and draw blood, it's harmless and healthy behavior. They just need to figure out who's the boss, and once that is settled they will be best friends.
>>
>>2022249
>>2022303
Update: We got Samson a cagemate and they hit it off spectacularly. The other one is named Bubbles and at the moment they're both napping in their hut.

Good advice regarding not lifting the hut. I didn't take my own advice and dragged him out once and I feel kinda bad about it. I figure I should wait a day or so and try to coax him out when he's feeling better.

Another issue is Samson hates to be picked up. He doesn't mind being held and he's not scared of us, but once you try to life him (and I'm being as gentle as I can) he tries to run. Any tips? Bubbles is not like that at all so I don't think it's my method of picking them up that's the issue.
>>
>>2022512
Great anon! I find they're so much fun to watch interact and sleep together, really satisfying when an introduction goes well.

>Lifting
Some rats never take to it. You can start by trying to coax him out on your hand with some treats. If he wants to step out fully on your hand to get out of the hut or cage(safe place), it means he trusts you not to hurt him. If not, he still isn't quite sure.

Some rats don't care at all and can just be grabbed, so while another rat is fine with being lifted in one way, another can still be freaked out by the same method if it is less used to handling or just a little skittish. Always try to lift from behind and under the belly if you don't already.
>>
>>2019948
>>2019966

man I would love to do that for my rats but considering a tissue box placed in their cage lasts about a day before its chewed apart and been peed on all over I'm scared about how long it would last
>>
https://youtu.be/hwfV-w5Ibkc
>>
>>2022547
>Thinks anyone in /rat/ wouldn't hesitate to kill a wild rat invading their home.
>>
>>2022557
>imblyign
>>
>>2022558
>>2022557

I love rats and used to own them (can't anymore due to discovered allergies). If a random rat made it's way into my house, I would kill it. Has nothing to do with loving or not loving the rat, has to do with disease and destruction of property.
>>
>>2022562
>implying I don't own and love the shit out of a pair of hyperactive valley girl rats
>and a ball python whose meals I kill myself
>and enjoy watching wild rats and mice get rekt by sadistic cats
>>
>>2022307
Just for about 20 minutes. She's better today. I just get paranoid whenever they start sneezing because I know how serious it can be.

She had no other symptoms, so I think she just had some dust in her nose. Will give the cage a good clean tonight anyway just to be sure. Thanks anon!
>>
>>2022547
>>2022552
>>2022555
It still amuses me how newfags think /an/ gives a shit about animals eating animals.

Wild rat story!

>Wild rat moves into back garden
>Can't have it stay there due to health issues
>Don't want to poison it, decide on a trap to humanely kill it instantly
>Lay trap, bait with peanut butter
>Check trap next morning
>Rat has activated trap and licked it clean
>Reset trap
>Rat does same trick again
>Smart fucker sets off trap and eats the bait for over a week
>One point it sits right under a hawk on my fence and just cleans itself
>Eventually just disappears

Rats are smart fuckers alright.
>>
Advice needed guys. One of my rats has recently become very bitey. She's a grumpy old lady anyway, and has a tumour that is no doubt annoying her. The past few weeks though she's started to nip very hard.

It's not aggression or fear; she'll just be wandering over you as usual and suddenly sink her teeth in. It really fucking hurts (I had the fun of being bit right on the nipple), and even though she bolts in fright when we yelp/physically remove her, she still keeps doing it. It's getting to the point I'm getting nervous about letting her on me, since I'm expecting a bite any second.

What's going on, and how can we stop it?
>>
>>2024774
Never had this happen with any of mine. Where is the tumor located? Rats with brain tumors can change personality and pick up strange behaviors such as sudden biting.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.