[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've never been on this board before and I need help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: IMAG0175.jpg (920 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0175.jpg
920 KB, 1440x2560
So I've never been on this board before and I need help. Pic related is my cats mouth, I've had her for 7 years and she has never has a scar like that. She is missing a whole chunk of her top left lip and I don't know how she gotten it.
Would anybody happen to have any clue, also I'm sorry for the shit quality. Wish I had a better phone
>>
File: IMAG0176.jpg (902 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0176.jpg
902 KB, 1440x2560
>>2006912
Pic is a bit of a better shot.
>>
File: IMAG0177.jpg (743 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0177.jpg
743 KB, 1440x2560
>>2006914
If anybody can please help out or give me a clue that would be great
>>
File: 1442774826284.png (9 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
1442774826284.png
9 KB, 300x100
>>2006912
And don't you dare say 'I can't afford it'.
>>
>>2006912
What are you asking? What do you hope to hear other than take her to the vet?
>>
>>2006938
>>2006940

Wow seriously fuck you guys. Obviously I'm asking if anybody has had a similar experience and what it could maybe be. I'm not asking for a full fucking diagnostic, but seriously fuck you guys
>>
Your cats lip is swollen.
Vet.
>>
>>2006943
> A similar experience
Yes my cat was injured once, I took it to the vet.
>>
>>2006943
Ok, dude, put yourself in our shoes for a second. We get, on average, AT LEAST five fucking threads everyday with people asking help for their animals (that often have life threatening things wrong with them), and WON'T take them to the fucking vet because they can't cough up 50 bucks. Then they cry and moan about their animal DIEING, when it could have been fucking avoided.

We are not experts, and even if we did have a similar experience, that's all it is-similar. So even if we said it 'could be this', there is no way of knowing your cat has the same thing, and if we are wrong and you don't do anything, your cat could die on you.

So the safest thing you can do is get a professional opinion. It could be nothing, or it could be a life threatening infection, but neither you, nor us know for sure.
>>
>>2006943
Shut your cockhole
>>
>>2006948
This.
All of this.
Every word of this.
>>
>>2006948
You know I can type this whole thing out, but I'm not even going to. Not worth it. Everything I say will get refuted no matter how reasonable it is. So fuck you guys and fuck this board
>>
>>2006954
Dude, what did you expect? I'm being NICE to you. That's way more than you should expect on 4chan, unless you're just being a fucking troll.
>>
>>2006954
Take your cat to the vet and don't come back, we never wanted you here
>>
goodbye OP. look, i really hope everything turns-out well with your kitty and you two share many years of happy healthy companionship. :]
>>
OP, you don't deserve help BUT try this.

The day after I got my first dog she got diarrhea and was vomiting and lethargic, I brought her to the nearest vet by my house which turned out to be a vet at a shelter. For 25$ I got a diagnoses ( of kennel cough), antibiotics, and two vitamins. It may be worth it to try that wherever you are.
>>
>>2006912
OP I'm a LVT... and I can't tell you anything from that picture. Even if you had an amazing camera and took a great picture, I couldn't tell you what was up until I could physically see the animal. And if I could diagnose over the internet, I wouldn't be able to treat it anyhow. I would take any anecdotal advice with a huge grain of salt, because chances are an anon on /an/ did not have the same situation as you have now.

Good luck
>>
OP I am a vet and I suggest you go to a vet.
>>
>>2007016
hello vet
>>
File: 654322455666.png (456 KB, 698x528) Image search: [Google]
654322455666.png
456 KB, 698x528
>dear god my cat has a big hole in its face that wasn't there before

There's a reason people are giving you shit, my child. The fact that you came here before consulting a veterinarian is very telling, you're either A) lazy B) stupid C) cheap D) all of the above
>>
bring the kitty to a vet retard
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 651x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 651x488
Dude! She's got a PARASITE! Kill it before you're infected!
>>
File: no tears.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
no tears.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>
>>2006912
Take it to the vet
>>
How's your cat op?
>>
>>2007016

Hello veddit!
>>
>>2010346
I hope he's ok :[
>>
>>2006912
my wife is a vet tech and says it looks like a eosinophilic granuloma and have the cat checked for allergies
>>
>>2010740
too bad you weren't here a few days ago. RIP kit-cat
>>
>>2010740
I'm more qualified than your wife and it looks to be a squamous cell carcinoma!

So yes this guy >>2010751 is right. Rip kitty.
>>
My cat had exactly that and I took it to the vet and I asked the vet what was wrong and he said "Huh! Well we better keep an eye on that!" and then I gave him 75 dollars for the pleasure of his input and then three weeks later my cats lip looked fine again.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.