[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a 4-month-old puppy (though I've only had her for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 034.jpg (95 KB, 495x664) Image search: [Google]
034.jpg
95 KB, 495x664
I have a 4-month-old puppy (though I've only had her for a month), and about a week ago she started to play with her fesses. This is really annoying because it happens half of the time she defecates, and she always makes a mess by spreading it on the carpet, plus getting some on her nails (meaning I have to go to the shower and clean her paws every time). I've also been unsuccessful in training her to defecate on a certain place (tried putting some fesses on said place, and making her smel it). Urinating she got quickly through a liquid thing that I bought, but this I just can't make it happen.

I started hitting her (not too hard) every time shes does it and then locking her up in the bathroom for 10 minutes, while also giving her treats whenever she doesn't play with shit (though I'm almost certain she isn't making the connection of treats = not messing around).

Please help me control this scat lover.
>>
>>2006047

>faeces
>>
Teach her "leave it"
My puppy used to try and eat his poop but eventually he learned that and I rewarded him for not touching it a few times. Now he doesn't even sniff his own now that I think of it...

All puppies play with poo, anyway OP. I've known dogs who just kind of grew out of it
>>
My dogs love to EAT poop and they tend to let it somehow make its way into the house. If your pup eats it, there is a medication that helps stop that desire. And if you see her do it what would work for me was squirting her with a squirt bottle, yell stop and show her the mess she made, grab her collar and put her face to face with the mess and tell her no that's bad and continue to put her in a time out. I'm no expert but these are somthings that helped me.
>>
>>2006047
Why is a 4 month old puppy shitting indoors?
>>
>>2006052
its funnier to pronounce it how op spelled it though
>>
>>2006052
>>2006182
fuck this word, i can never spell it right. not even the google corrector complement helped.
>>2006109
thats good to know, hopefully she abandons it eventually because i dont feel like teaching her tricks...
>>2006116
well i did caught her eating it a couple of times and that really grosses me out because i let her lick all over me whenever she wants....
>>2006116
i like this bottle idea i will try it out thanks
>>2006174
already picked her spots and ive been unsuccessful in making her abandon them
>>
>>2006047

Every dog or puppy I had never had reoccurring accidents inside. How often are you taking her out with SUPERVISION. IE: WALKS.
>>
>>2006047
>Not posting a picture of said shit eatter
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
A dog has to poop outside, do you have any idea how to train your dog? It is disgusting for a dog to poop indoors.
And why do you hit her? If you seriously think it's not gonna help you wrong. Please don't let tout dog suffer from your ignorance and learn something about Dogs.
>>
>>2006731
Teaching something like "leave it" isn't really a trick. I would say it's vital. It will teach your dog not to pick up everything it discovers on the ground which could save its life one day
>>
>>2006731
Have you sprayed the spots she's pooped in with a proper cleaner so it removes the enzymes? Poop and pee leave behind very strong enzymes that don't come out easily.

I use nature's miracle, it works really well, but you should probably clean the areas with that if you don't want the dog pooping there.
>>
>>2006841
For the third time, I haven't gottena around making her succesfully do it outside. Why is it disgusting for a dog to defecate indoors though? That's just you. Like, if they do it in a proper place, who gives a shit.

Hit is too much of a strong word also, sounds violent when I write it. It's more like a small palm gesture I do. I wouldn't say she suffers (I hope you are vegan if you are that concerned about that, by the way, but let's just leave it, don't want to start an argument here).
>>2006847
Ok it's just I'm new to this.
>>2009384
God damn I forgot to do this sparkling thing. And I didn't know about that, so thanks!
>>
>>2006767
Not much at all...
>>2006779
Sorry.
>>
File: 334.jpg (18 KB, 440x291) Image search: [Google]
334.jpg
18 KB, 440x291
>fesses

Pic related
>>
>>2006841
pain is part of the learning process of organic life you fucking knob.
>>
>>2009581
Fellow frenchie?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.