[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best pet for company that's not a dog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151124_163650.jpg (58 KB, 442x441) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_163650.jpg
58 KB, 442x441
Hey guys I was wondering. I'm going through a rough point in my life I have no friends and I need a little companion. I have to dogs. But they tend to stay away from me. Not pay me any attention. So I'm looking for a small pet I can keep with me in my room another dog isn't and option and I don't want anything that needs a lot of room because the dogs have free roam of house except my bedroom I can keep my door closed . so my criteria is something loving. Something under a hundred dollars. I'm looking for a lil buddy what's halls suggestions.I just want something I can take really good care of and spoil. Right now I'm looking into a rat. Anything else you think would fit the bill??
>>
>>2005643
Rat, cockatiel if you are able to. ️Burbs
>>
>>2005643
Rat
>>
birds are horrible, they'll make you want to die and kill.

as someone who has owned 2 birds and 2 rats, rat without hesitation
>>
Rat it is! Can anyone point me in the right direction I can't find any breeders and heard you shouldn't go with Petco etc
>>
>so my criteria is something loving.
a girlfriend, spend those dollars on getting a life.
>>
>>2005683
What birds did you have?
>>
>>2005992
couple parakeets. just the memory of those stupid shits makes me grind my teeth. one of the retards in particular almost got flushed a few times over the years. horrible little reptilian beasts, the lot of them.
>>
Get an older cat. You'll solve two problems: your need for cuddles and the fact that older cats have a harder time getting adopted.

Older cats (6+ years) can be very mild and affectionate. It may take a little time to gain their trust and build a relationship because they have most likely been abadoned in some way, and that's why they are in a shelter, but it will be that much more rewarding to have gained the trust and love of your kitty.
>>
>>2005
Yupp. Got one of those. Not loving though... Lol
>>
>>2006006
Well my dogs. Let's just say they want to see the demise of all cats haha
>>
>>2006220
Depending on the size of your room an elderly cat would not object to chilling most of the day besides play time and food. Get a male one, males tend to be more lovable in my experience.

As for your dogs you just need to train them or they need to meet a badass cat, I suggest the former since the latter is dangerous. Dogs can be trained just never leave them and the cat alone.
My lab and pointer hated and chased cats until a stray wondered into the garden and beat them up. Right now they are on the floor while my cat uses my lab as a bed.
>>
>>2005643
Guinea pigs are cute and cuddly. They aren't as smart as rats, per say, but they are cuter and more cuddly once you tame them. They'll just chill in your lap for hours making cute sounds.
>>
>>2006220

What's to say your dogs won't kill a rat or whatever?
>>
>>2006534
Well I'm sure my schnazure would there rat hunters but it would be in my room alday and id just leave the door closed
>>
>>2005956
You can google rattery + your area and check craigslist. If you can't find anything, Petco is fine, just handle them first and find out how to recognize healthy rats. If they're all sneezing, pass. Cages can be had cheap on Craigslist, or this website http://www.martinscages.com/ has really nice cages. If that's not in your price range, get a guinea pig cage and build shelves for it. From what you said you wanted in a pet, two rats would be perfect for you!
>>
>>2005683

not in my experience... birds are great pets/companions... really affectionate when they're tame and cool about chilling with you all day + they're smart and can learn shit... and semi tame they're cute to just watch interact with each other and play with...

i prefer them to every other animal i've owned... not for everyone, but far from shit...

+ rats smell disgusting as fuck
>>
>>2006002

how could you almost flush a parakeet if you're taking proper care of it?

i used to have one that knew "step up" and he'd jump on my finger, we played with his toys together too, and when him and his mate once got out of their cage out in the garden his mate didn't even leave, and he flew away and came right back home... less than 5 minutes, i whistled he whistled back and i got him home...

i have 2 now, and they're cool even just to watch and listen to (they preen each other and say "i love you" back and forth and go crazy over music and certain movies) they aren't as tame or close to me as my green cheek, but they're nice to have...

my green cheek knows "shake", she chills with me or my s/o almost all day, plays with us, goes out for walks and shit with us... and is seriously just a perfect pet...

when you interact with and bond with a bird they can be way more affectionate than dogs and extremely loyal...
>>
>>2007536
Thanks man best info yet :)
>>
>>2007646
If you go with rats, definitely get at least two. They are highly social animals that need their own kind for company. They'll still bond with you just as much, don't worry about that. Isolating them is cruel and owning two rats really isn't much more cost/care at all.
>>
>>2007753
For sure
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.