[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what animals are the most flamable? Now before you accuse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: horse21-2.jpg (228 KB, 1500x900) Image search: [Google]
horse21-2.jpg
228 KB, 1500x900
So what animals are the most flamable? Now before you accuse me of being a psychopath I SWEAR that I am asking for a D&D game not because I'm a sick individual. Let me just expand further. I am playing a druid who of course can morph into animals and magically summon temporary animals. So a thought occurerd to me to use these fake animals whom I would otherwise just send to their "deaths" anyways in a "creative" way. So the though occurred to me to summon a couple of giant owls who can lift like 90 pounds each and have them drop incendiary animals onto enemies. Now yes I could have them drop molotovs instead and that is the backup, but there is only so much booze and oil one can carry while I could just magic up an unlimited supply of fur bombs, or rather scale bombs? That's the thing, I don't know of any animal that is particularly combustible which makes sense as that species would have damn short lifespans. Then again I'm no zoologist but I'm sure at least one of you is! So as long as it belongs in the animal kingdom and is either inherently flammable or can be made to be please let me know! Provided it stays alive if modifications are needed as the animals fade out upon "death". Oh and there are things called fire beetles but they just glow in the dark due to chemical glands like fire flies. If you know of any reason why those chemicals could be flammable do let me know.

Please keep in mind that this is just for make believe shits and giggles and no real animal will be hurt.
>>
>>2003913
You what... I'm not quite sure how to answer your question, this kind of seems like a really convoluted way of just setting things on fire. Since this is a fantasy world where we've established there's already magic and fantastical creatures, why not just summon up a pheonix or a dragon or some shit. Most animals reaction to being set on fire would probably be to lose their shit and panic, due to being on fire. They'd be just as likely to set fire to you as much as anything else in their surroundings, plus regardless of the animal they aren't likely to last long enough to reach the enemy. That said, I do believe small incendiary devices on timers have been attached to bats. They would be timed to go off just after dawn, and then released to go home to roost in the roofs of houses, setting them on fire.
>>
Fire ants.
>>
That is super, SUPER uncharacteristic for a druid to do, unless D&D has changed a lot from when I was a kid. I thought summoned creatures were real, living creatures, not magical constructs. For a druid to set an animal on fire makes no sense.

That aside, don't use sheep. Wool is flame retardant.
>>
Set horses on fire, make them panic and trample the shit out of whatever you're trying to kill while also setting it on fire too. Downside of course is whether they'd stampede over your guys- perhaps point them in the right direction and set their tail on fire with fuel trails leading up their body so they fully ignite once further away?

It's disturbing, but I think similar tactics have actually been used in warfare with a few animals, so there's justification for it if you're going to play as an evil fucker.
>>
>>2003913
Probably insects.
>>
>>2003913
The only correct answer is a phoenix.

/thread
>>
>>2003968

This times a million.

Your ability to summon animals is because of you're intimate connection with nature and the "respect" of the animals you're summoning..

Lighting them on fire and dropping them is..well insane.
>>
Probably something with a good bit of fat or blubber. Maybe a sea mammal?
>>
>>2003913
>Plays a druid
>Using animals as bombs
What the fuck? Why are you even playing a druid, you fucking sociopath?
>>
>>2003968
>Wool is flame retardant.
Is it really? I'd never heard this.

>>2004061
>Play druid
>Drop burning whales on people
Holy shit what's happening?
>>
>>2004100
Lifted from a pdf on the flame resistant properties of wool:

 Wool has a complex composition that is based on a unique cell structure
 Wool’s high nitrogen and water content makes it naturally flame resistant
 Wool does not ignite easily and will often self-extinguish
 Should wool burn it does not melt while burning
>>
>>2004109
How about bison?
>>
>>2004109
Interesting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.