[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to let a cat lick his wounds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 4what.png (110 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
4what.png
110 KB, 250x221
My cat got in a pretty bad fight and got bitten pretty ugly.

He licks his wounds too much and it worries me.

His tail also twitches strangely.

Is it time for vet?
>>
Definitely time for a vet.
>>
>>2003235

the better question is: is it safe to let my cat outdoors unsupervised where he might get into fights requiring subsequent visits to the vet?

unless you're really attached to the idea of your cat dying young, the answer is obviously "no".

and yes, go to the vet you retard.
>>
>>2003235
Execute your cat for shaming you by losing a street fight. Shit cat.
Get new cat, arm it with Stanley knife.
>>
>>2003253
lol
>>
>>2003235
Licking wounds speeds up clotting and tissue formation iirc.
>>
>>2003608

This

Humans should also lick their own wounds, our spit works as both a natural anesthetic and clotting-helper, which is quite wierd considering how vile our spit is when it comes to bacteria.
>>
>>2005526
Humans should NOT lick their own wounds, it's 2015. We developed medicine specifically for this reason. Use a first aid kit. You don't live in the Congo.

>>2003235
>My cat got injured in a fight [rest of post is completely irrelevant]

Yes, take it to the vet.
>>
>>2003608
>>2005526
It's the saliva that helps with this, not the picking action. I'd be worried about a cat doing it since their tongues are so rough; they could go overboard and aggravate the wound instead. There's a reason you put them in a cone so they can't lick their stitches after surgery.
>>
>>2005580
COME ON IT'S 2015
>>
>>2003407
It didn't necessarily lose, to be fair.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.