[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you decide names for you pets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1385280363634.jpg (50 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1385280363634.jpg
50 KB, 480x320
How do you decide names for you pets?
>>
A name that you like
A name thats feels fitting

Wow
>>
>>2002616
By deciding a name
>>
close eyes
spin around and point at random object
congrats you have a name for your pet
>>
>>2002616
I've had 6 cats in my life named "Kitty" and four dogs named "Dog." I'm not very creative at names.
>>
>>2002616
A name you would like for yourself.
>>
>>2002616
i usually name them after food objects.

my current cats are named Pudding and Torta (torta is the name for like a mexican burger). I used to have a cat named Waffle and a stray just had kittens in my backyard, all which I named Weenie, Sushi and Noodle
>>
I had a male rabbit called Boy and a female rabbit called Girl.
>>
I tend to keep the names I adopt them with, I don't like changing it up on them. but I bottle fed a feral kitten from two weeks old that my dumbass friend found so I named her myself. just after a song I like
>>
>>2002616
Usually related to something I'm interested in at the moment (books, movies, cartoons, etc.), and I just generally try and avoid giving them very 'pet' like names. Like Fighto and Snuffems.

Like currently I have a cat named Luke, and a dog (who my S.O. named) Ahura.
>>
With dubs, of course
>>
>>2003146

My family has three cats, which we named after candy bars: Kit-Kat, Snickers, and Hershey.

My brother got a dog and I thought we'd continue the trend in a similar vein, but he named her after Katie Perry.
>>
>>2003250
cattery staff at my shelter named a cat KittyPurry. kill me. please.
>>
I don't name my pets.
>>
deliberately and painstakingly. then you come up with something retarded like "bug" and it sticks
>>
I heard that if their name ends in a vowel its easier for them to hear you.

Anyway what >>2003237 said. I have a blue heeler, so I named him after JoJo. Gave him a purple bandana also to symbolize Star Platinum.
>>
Something fitting and easy.
We named the dog Lucy so we could say "Lucy! I'm home!"
The cat was named Pumpkin because we adopted her near holloween.
>>
I ask /an/.
Right now I have two cats. One is called Cupcake and the other one is called Cumfart.
>>
Usually by their personality. I have a American bulldog named Meana because she is mean as hell.
My Staffordshire terrier is muerte which is Spanish for death because when I got him he was dying from parvo and he cheated death.
>>
>>2002616
Observation and keeping a two-syallable max so the pets can remember them.
>>
Whatever feels "right". I often come up with names that I'd like to name a future pet but thus far I haven't used any of them -- there's always something more appropriate that arises from the looks and behaviour of the pet, the circumstances it came from, etc.
>>
>>2002616
>get dog
>looks like a Frank
>named him Frank
that easy
>>
>>2002640
plebeian
>>
>>2002616
half my pets are named after songs from the 70's/80's
>>
sometimes my pets are given a generic name right upfront, but their real name (the on i will actually eventually call them by) takes longer. It's usually derived from a conversation we have together.

"wow, that was awful, you're quite a bitch aren't you? aren't you, bitch?"
-how bitch was named

"why are you looking for food, i didn't put any food down, you're a fucking retard"
-how (re)todd was named
>>
>>2002616
One rule I follow: No matter what we name a cat, their name is asshole.
>>
>>2002616
by getting dubs on an anonymous mongolian papercraft forums.
>>
>>2003152
Superstar DJ?
>>
File: 1438061318456.jpg (126 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1438061318456.jpg
126 KB, 960x720
Usually something from Transformers. I have a cat named Blackout and a dog named Barricade. People think they're edgelord names 99% of the time but I don't give a fuck, because I like the show.
>>
either by looking at countless dog names online, or by just making something up. either way it's always a long process.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.