[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cat Has Crumbly Poo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cat.jpg (89 KB, 960x642) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
89 KB, 960x642
My cat has really crumbly poo. It's very light coloured, like sand, and is very crumbly. He doesn't always go like this, but when he does, it ends up outside of the litter box. (I think he has a hard time pushing it all out.) I found some outside the litter box again this morning, but in a rush to get to work didn't take a photo. This happens once every few months.

I've asked at different vets and they just say to put pumpkin in his food. I do that, I also have tried psyllium husks, and a yogurt treat for dogs and putting that in there. He eats raw food because dry food makes him puke. He does need his anal glands expelled every now and then. It was much worse before, but he hasn't scooted for months. The vet did a culture on the glands to make sure they weren't infected. (They weren't.)

He is indoors and out goes outside in the summer on a leash.

I've no idea what this is or what I can do to fix it.
>>
What raw food is he eating?
>>
Have you tried a higher quality wetfood diet? Something like Tykki Cat, Perfect Bistro, or Wellness?

That's really weird. Maybe you could try a vet that's out of town, maybe in a nicer town with more up to date facility. Also, if he/she poops like that again, bag it to take to the vets.
>>
File: sand-castle-desktop-background.jpg (172 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
sand-castle-desktop-background.jpg
172 KB, 1280x1024
He's picky and will only eat the chicken cat food:

>Raw:
http://www.mountaindogfood.com/products.html

>Canned:
http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=cat&pid=2&dm=grainfree

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=cat&pid=4&dm=grainfree

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/features.aspx?pet=cat&att=1#CORE%20Wet%20Cat%20Recipes - rarely these

>Treats:
http://www.greenies.com/cats/cat-dental-treats.aspx

http://www.purebites.com/products/en/dog/ the liver one

http://waggers.com/my-mighty-lion

Sometimes he'll get them daily and then others he'll go a month or so without.

I give him grass when I can which he mows down and then promptly pukes up.

There is only one pet store in town and that's what they carry. To get different raw food, it would be a four hour round trip to a place that I don't normally travel to. (So I wouldn't pick up groceries or could do errands, it'd essentially be for cat food only.)

He'll get a few bits of cooked chicken if that's what I'm having for dinner too.

He gets brushed fairly frequently, though I should give him a good go tonight.

It looked like pic attached. A bit lighter but that sort of crumbly texture. It was hard and shaped normal, but under a bit of pressure, broke easily. (I picked it up with toilet paper to dispose of.)
>>
>>2001893
I have full confidence in my current vet. Before moving here, I had taken him to a few different vets because his tummy always seemed hard and bloated and they said it was because he's old. (He's 13.) My current vet was the only one that agreed with me and after blood work, found out he had pancreatitis. My vet said I could do traditional medicine or try acupuncture and Chinese herbs. I did the alternative method with the diet switch and his tummy is soft and malleable and he's more energetic.

I didn't scoop this morning, so I will look to see if there is something I can take to the vet.
>>
>>2001907

>My vet said I could do traditional medicine or try acupuncture and Chinese herbs

Oh yeah, no worries buddy.Did he also Feng shui your house for you?
>>
>>2001947
It was cheaper and more effective than the other option. My cat also seemed to like the acupuncture. My vet is wonderful because he listens and has a variety of treatment options.
>>
>>2001954

Did you check your cats astrology charts as well?

Always gotta be careful of the future!
>>
Your cat needs probiotics.
>>
>>2001954
>It was cheaper
you wasted every cent
>and more effective
impossible.
>>
>>2001970
Yes, she comes every other month and does a reading. Her sister does the crystal readings so I get two for the price of one.

>>2001978
I could buy acidophilus capsules and put them in his food. Would this be suitable?
>>
>>2002004
Feline specific probios work best. You can get them otc from your vet.
>>
>>2002008
Thank you very much. I will stop by tomorrow to get some. Using them hadn't crossed my mind. Much appreciated.
>>
Too much bone content, every pet is different and has different needs. Add more meat/organ to his raw food since it's pre made and you can't cut back on the bone.
>>
>>2002041
No problem. Good luck!
>>
>>2002131
It does seem to have a lot of bone in it. When I lived closer to the city, I'd get packets of raw everything (kangaroo, chicken, beef, etc) that would be more like a pate. I'll ask again at the pet store here, but I believe when I asked last time their supplier doesn't carry anything but the MDF food. Would I be able to add grocery store raw meat or would that be unsafe for them?

>>2002138
:3
>>
>>2001907
>My vet said I could do traditional medicine or try acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
You should get a different vet.
>>
this happened to my cat every once in a while

personally, i sometimes have weird shits- green or yellow on rare occasion, and then back to normal. i wouldnt worry about it, he's probably a little constipated every now and then, which has to do with water consumption.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.