[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ I got my first snake, around maybe a month and a half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1447625757102.jpg (27 KB, 331x473) Image search: [Google]
1447625757102.jpg
27 KB, 331x473
Hey /an/ I got my first snake, around maybe a month and a half ago, probably a little more. Well my snake started shedding its skin like 2 weeks ago, I had to help it shed because it was doing it in pieces, its been a while and the snake still hasn't shed its head and neck. Don't know what to do, any help is accepted. Thanks in advance (its a ball python btw)
>>
>>2001364
spray him down a bit, try to get the bits off yourself if you can. Roll, dont peel. What kind of snek?
>>
>I had to help it shed because it was doing it in pieces
don't do that
>Don't know what to do
increase the humidity and don't worry about it.
>>
>>2001364
had the same issue with my ball python a while back, heres what worked for me:
i took a box about the size of one of those small styrofoam coolers, cut a decent size entry hole in it, and filled it about 1/3 of the way with sphagnum moss. i keep the moss damp, and there is one of those heat pads underneath it. she hung out in there for a while, and her next shed (and every shed since) was perfect. she doesnt camp out in it all day anymore, but she definitely spends a fair amount of time in there. if you do this, make sure to check temp and humidity inside the box every day for a week or so to make sure everything is proper
>>
>>2001418
Ball Python
>>
>>2001452
Yeah, just kinda help him get it off when you can, if he's still got his eye caps on make sure he does better next shed. I recommend soaking him once he gets really dull, and for extra good sheds, hang him on the toilet-paper holder during hot showers. He'll love it.
>>
>>2001466
Thanks dude
>>
>>2001440
Yea man do you think it matters the place you get it
>>
Never pull a shed off an animal.
Spray it with water several times a day.
Give it a big bowl to soak in.
Make sure it has proper stuff in its enclosure to rub it off on.

DONT EVER PULL IT OFF
>>
>>2002530
Thanks mate, I'm happy to learn new tricks and what not to make my animal happier!
Should I also do the shower thing?
Several times?
>>
>>2002614
Just get a spray bottle of water and most him.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.