[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of spider web is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (842 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
842 KB, 3264x2448
What kind of spider web is this?
>>
>>2000492
It's hard to tell, since it looks like it has been crushed, but judging by the thickness, I'd say it's a "retreat" rather than a web.

These are made by non-web using spiders to chill in while not actively hunting. Since it's indoors, my guess is that it's made by a jumping spider of some sort.

It would help if you told us about your general location.
>>
>>2000495
I live in north Texas. these sorts of webs are scattered all over the ceilings of my house.

so long as these spiders aren't aggressive or poisonous I'm fine.
>>
>>2000496
The only dangerous spider you'd get in that area is a black widow and you know those webs when you see em. Black widow webs are super fucking thick, very tangled and random looking, and often in very tight, dark cornered areas. They're also super shy spiders, in a web they'll never disturb you unless you're instigating an interaction, but if you're ever concerned about being bitten by a venomous spider, just shake out your shoes and any gloves you have outdoors, that's almost always how bites occur.
>>
>>2000950
black widows are here? I read they're not in north Texas.

What about the brown recluse?
>>
>>2000953
I don't know much about brown recluses since they aren't native to my area, but they're similar in their shyness. They're called recluses for a reason. As far as I know they're native to the Midwest to eastern U.S. but don't hold me to that.
>>
>>2000954
Jeez. Now I'm looking this stuff up and I'm kinda worried. This house is cluttered as fuck and when stuff is thrown out new stuff is brought in (by mom usually). They say the best way to prevent these sorts of spiders from being in your home is to keep it uncluttered.

What do I do?? The only spider I've really seen around the home are the usual small harmless wolf spiders. We don't have the money to regularly hire an exterminator to pesticide the home.
>>
>>2000956
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Spider bites are nothing to be worried about, even the dangerous species are non lethal with proper treatment. Really though, if you want spiders out of your house, just keep the doors and windows closed. Winter is coming so spiders may seek out your home as a source of warmth but it's still nothing to be really concerned about.
>>
>>2000958
Our windows are usually closed, but the windows themselves are shitty and we don't have the money to replace them.
>>
>>2000959
Well windowsills are a pretty secure place, so if they can manage to come in through there, they might just chill out there and not bother going further into the house. At least that's what I would do if I were a spider.
>>
>>2000960
I think a spider would try to take shelter n the warm place they found, and find food in it.
>>
>>2000962
Windowsills are good for that. You get the warmth of the inside of the house and the food of bugs trying to get inside away from the cold.
>>
>>2000963
True.

Well my fears have been assuaged. I looked at the cobwebs in the house again and they look like your classic cobweb.
>>
>>2000965
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. Only thing that ever came from those where I am is daddy long legs, and those are actually good for getting rid of black widows.
>>
>>2000967
how so?
>>
>>2000971
spirit energies or some shit probably.
>>
>>2000971
They spin super fucking fast and catch black widows with flash tier speed force shit.
>>
>>2000492
That isn't a web, OP. It's a Brown Recluse disguising itself as a simple spiderweb. Call animal control ASAP.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.