[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried being nice and going nonlethal but it isn't working.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20151114_112126.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151114_112126.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
I tried being nice and going nonlethal but it isn't working. What are some actually successful, non poisonous mouse traps?
>>
To clarify. I've been using non lethal mouse traps in my kitchen for 2 weeks with little success. Without resorting to poison what are some styles/designs of lethal mouse trap that work?
>>
>catch mouse
>dump it off away from your house

Make sure you aren't disgusting and leaving food everywhere, vacuum, sweep, seal your food, fix any holes in your walls, etc.
I'm way too much of a faggot for lethal traps after I caught a lactating female, and then spent the next two days picking up starving baby mice that had crawled out into the open in desperation.. Fed the little bastards that made it and released them. I haven't had any mice since that so it was probably just a random female that decided to hunker down in my house.
>>
>>1999248
All the food in the areas the mice are has been put in hard plastic containers. Haven't seen any signs of them chewing through them.
Now they're in my drawers shitting on my cutlery and dish rags...
>>
>>1999242
There are two. Snap trap (pic related) if your mouse problem is minor. A couple mice in your house on occasion. The Jawz ones work really well. Bait with peanut butter.

Second alternative is the bucket method. This is good if you have a lot of mice. Take small bucket, attach a ramp on the side for mice to climb, suspend a string or wire over the middle of bucket and bait it. Fill bucket half full with water. Mice cannot get out and they cannot swim. Dead mice. Consult google image search for examples.
>>
File: jawz-mouse-trap.jpg (108 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jawz-mouse-trap.jpg
108 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>1999240

You can get some strong claptraps

You can get a cage trap which is also a claptrap

You can get robotic traps that shoot spikes through their bodies, but this is more for rats in the sewer
>>
File: Trap-1001.jpg (229 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Trap-1001.jpg
229 KB, 800x800
Like this. Put peanut butter on the cylinder in the middle. Soda can works great as the cylinder.
>>
U has rats in your house, you is the problem
>>
File: victortrap.gif (22 KB, 240x247) Image search: [Google]
victortrap.gif
22 KB, 240x247
>>1999240
The classic works as well as ever. Cheap and effective. Skip the cheese. Peanut butter, or even just plain butter. Smear it up the trigger plate so they have to work to get it. Killed three in three days in my camper. They are coming in to stay warm. It's seasonal.
>>
>>1999240
>being nice to pests
literally what
>>
>>1999540
>U has
>you is
You have to be at least 18 years old to post on this site.
>>
>>1999568
4chan is 18+ in its entirety, not just on red boards.
>>
>>1999568
If you mean the tan, none of them are over 18 since the whole site is only 11. But if you think /an/ the board gets an exception to Global 2., you would be mistaken.

How far short of 18 are you?
>>
>>1999568
M O D S
O
D
S
>>
>>1999607
shut the fuck up, you pussy cunt. not even the same anon.
>>
In our apartment, we use glue traps. We just check them frequently enough that its easy to just pop the little mice (still alive and not having starved to death or anything) into a tupperware when they are still stuck and put a mixture of vinegar and baking soda in the container.

They kinda just nod off. The AVMA condones it has the most humane at-home euthanasia.

I used to do snap traps, but I stopped when I just got one and only it's snout was smashed. I had to crush it's neck with the handle of a butter knife. It was a little bit jarring and not the first time that a snap trap failed to finish the job.
>>
>>1999570
Oh fuck no, I've been on here since I was 13. Don't do that to me. So much of my life was spent here. Fuck. It can't just be 11 years old. I haven't been on here that long!
>>
I use the snap traps but I take the blade out of a razor and epoxy it to the snap bar.
Chops the head right off like a guillotine.
>>
>>1999556

Hey, he said he learned his lesson. Now is time for kill!

>>1999240

I use glue traps for mices. Unlike rats, I've never seen a mouse strong enough to work itself out of a glue trap given enough time, and their squealing will usually alert you when they are stuck. I just use big snap traps for rats. Once they are caught, just fill a bucket of water, dunk, drown, dispose.

And in the event anything you don't want stuck gets stuck anyway, and you feel ass-pitiful sorry enough for it, you can weaken the adhesive with mineral oil and slowly work and massage it free.
>>
gluetraps for days
I got a bulk pack of the big ones (talking 1 foot by 1 foot here) from an industrial supplier for cheap.
and too the fagoots saying pack away your food:
Sometimes it's not even about the food, when it gets cold out they want to go to warm places. When they do, BAM gluetrap!

Ain't even trolling, caught like 12+ on one sheet in my garage with a piece of cheesecake. And fuck all your bleeding heart faggots up in here, you can't mouse-seal a garage door, it needs clearance to open you fucktards
>>
>>1999760
>1 foot by 1 foot here

Jesus Christ... I never knew such a thing existed.

Now I want some. Deploy those motherfuckers to catch trick-or-treaters.
>>
>>1999747
Word of warning, my mom tried that mineral oil thing and ripped one of the mouse's back legs off, so I wouldn't depend on it if you are looking for non-lethal options.
>>
>>1999760
They do controlled burns right across the street from me every fall/winter. When that happens the mice come running to my house. I want to catch and release them but it's damn near impossible with so many mice. I've used all sorts of traps including renting catch and release traps like I used for my chinchilla when it escaped into my unfinished basement.

Glue traps work. I don't want to cause suffering, but mice ruined my dish washer by storing dog food in it.
>>
>>1999760
How do you even proceed to kill all the mice trapped on a 1x1foot glue trap? seriously
>>
File: wojtyla jumps.jpg (75 KB, 1160x703) Image search: [Google]
wojtyla jumps.jpg
75 KB, 1160x703
just get a mouser fgt
>>
>>1999777

She probably went too fast. It takes a lot of patience to literally massage the critter out. I'd never waste my time trying to work a goddamned mouse out, but I have taken the time to get out things like baby lizards and skinks.
>>
I use a glue trap and then smash them with a stick
>>
File: Catsplosion_after.png (651 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
Catsplosion_after.png
651 B, 100x100
>>1999783

Do you just lack creativity, or live out of a hotel room?

>>1999784

>embarking with cats
>>
>>1999676
You're technically right. 4chan turned 12 last month.
>>
>>1999783 see >>1999670
>>
I have had standard traps, live traps, bait stations, and these things, and by far these things caught the most mice. They're also re-settable, so you can use the same trap to kill multiple mice.

I baited them with cinnamon toast crunch and peanut butter but I'm sure anything works.
>>
>>2000331
Also, don't bother trying to use animals to do it, they're too unreliable. My ferrets would just pick up the mice and stash them inside the couch where they kept their toys.
>>
>>2000332
I don't know, my beagle was pretty solid about killing the mice and rats in my wood pile.
>>
>>1999822
I remember setting up a workshop just to make kitten leather to control the populations.
>>
>>2000335
I meant more about not getting a cat or whatever specifically to control populations of mice. Some animals will go after pests, some won't and there's no reliable way to tell.
>>
My uncle was using a small metal box design, it caught four in one night. Baited with peanut butter.

My cousins wanted to throw the mice into the fire. I didn't allow it, kek. Fucking psychos.
>>
Ahh ferrets. Endless hilarity.
>>
>>2000332
Literally loled.

My one cat bats the poor fuckers into the wall to stun them then they growl and fight over playing with the mouse until its legs break and its half dead.

I always come home from work and I know there's a mouse somewhere because all three cats are growling and fighting over a mouse corpse.

Fucking mice.
>>
>>1999771
Look in industrial supply catalogs, these are the heavy duty ones, it's actually a shallow tray with a quarter inch of adhesive medium. It will fuck up a cat or small dog so you have to watch out
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.