[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you teach your dog that certain things are forbidden properly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1398734935449.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1398734935449.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
How do you teach your dog that certain things are forbidden properly?

>got a 5 months old dachhund
>he's constantly in our neighbors garden, despite patching up holes
>neighbor has a larger cat the dog grew up with, they don't hurt each other, but play occasionally
>this morning hear a cat mewling from over the fence, can't see clearly through the bushes but assume they are playing
>whatever, if he was really hurting he'd run away, had to go working anyway
>tonight it turns out the neighbor got a very sweet, tiny kitten and it was that the dog was molesting and biting

Now, i'm not a violent person, and I never hurt this dog, but I wanna hit that son of bitch until he's dead. How can I make it perfectly clear to him, if he so much as looks at that kitten again, I will end him? That going over to the neighbor is absolute taboo?
>>
If the kitten was in your yard you have done nothing wrong.
>>
>>1996905
The kitten was at the neighbors. the dog too. So it is his fault. My fault. The wire fence is almost as tall as me, so in theory he shouldn't be able to get through, but there is one particular hole that constantly needs patching up.
Short of tethering him to a dog house, what can I do?
>>
>leaving a 5 month old puppy alone the yard when you're not home
>mad that you got a breed you got, which is known for a prey drive, has a prey drive

you're a moron
>>
>>1996914
Fix your fence dumbass.
>>
>>1996903
Well you're just an all round, run of the mill faggot.
1) you have a fucking sausage dog.
2) you don't have a secure garden
3) you leave it alone I'm said insecure garden when you fuck off
4) you don't want your dog to kill cats
5) you're a fucking faggot.
6) you can't patch a fucking fence
I say this with the utmost sincerity OP, kill your self.
>>
>>1996903

Fix the fence, dude. The best way to deal with a problem is to remove its entire possibility. With other things, you have to work with the dog. Not scream and throw shit. You work with the dog.

I say this, but there were several things my dog never learned. Like "stay off the furniture". You could tell him to get off and he would, but the first time you left the room, he'd jump up there and curl up with his eyes closed like he'd been sleeping there for hours. If you staked out the room, he'd go in the back of the house and bay like the Hound Of The Baskervilles and when you went to investigate, back on the couch he went. After a while, we just let him up there. I mean, that was one determined damned dog. And it was cute. "Get off the bed." translated to "Wait until we're asleep, then sneak back in there.".

Other things he learned, though. "Drop it." meant "Drop it, then try to pick it up again and if they say that again, then leave it alone.". He would also stop chasing things on command, which for a hound is basically like swearing off heroin, crack and cigarettes all at once. I was surprised at that.

Dogs adopt your personality if you spend enough time with them. That dog was a canine version of me. Like, he would sit on command if you had a treat, but if you didn't, you weren't fooling the best nose on Earth. He would still sit, but without a treat, it took two commands. I'm pretty much the same way. I'll get the job done to spec but if I don't want to, I'm not exactly going to hide my lack of enthusiasm.
>>
>>1997250
>the best nose on Earth
Not even remotely
>>
>>1997252

Coonhounds were bred partly from Bloodhounds. Maybe not the best nose, but damned near it. Anything that can track a racoon through five miles of swamp and three cypress trees is pretty amazing.
>>
>>1996903

Fix your fucking fence you halfwit

>getting upset at a dog for being a dog.

Why the fuck do you own a dog again?
>>
>>1996903
>5 months old dachhund
That's your problem.
You have a dachsund and on top of that he's a puppy still. Weiners are notorious for this shit. You got a shit dog and you have to deal with his shit. Solution? Tether him to your yard whenever he is outdoors. Do not let him free roam. Do not leave him unsupervised unless you want an excavation project in your backyard. Your fence is not enough to contain this sucker.
>>
your fucking picture has nothing to do with dogs

wtf
>>
File: cossack with head.jpg (75 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
cossack with head.jpg
75 KB, 800x580
>>1999520
Are you new to this site? That's a reaction image. He posted it to express his frustration- it's a loose representation of the face he may be making. It's also a meme, which are popular on 4chan, especially pepe images like that lately. Images don't have to be perfectly related to their boards or posts. In fact, in order to start a thread here, some sort of image is required and quite often people just post whatever they happen to have saved if they don't have the perfect appropriate image for the topic at hand. Or sometimes you can just post odd pics for fun.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.