[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This pug came up to my house and wont go away. There is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151111_081339.jpg (522 KB, 2824x2856) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_081339.jpg
522 KB, 2824x2856
This pug came up to my house and wont go away. There is this large hanging thing off on one side of his face and im not sure what it is, and help. I think some near me owns him, but of not, ill give him to my grandmother

Any ideas of what that thing on the side of his face is?
>>
>>1996190
He looks old. And what's hanging on his face? That thing on the left?
>>
>>1996195
Thats what i want to know, maybe a tumor?
>>
take him to the shelter. that's the best chance of his owner finding him, and they would take a look at that lump
>>
>>1996190
Can it be an abscess?
>>
He is old as fuck and that is almost certainly just a benign wart and most dogs over 8 or so grow one or two. But you'd have to take it to a vet to be sure. If I were you I'd just go knock on neighbors doors until I found its owner because it is old as fuck and a pug so I'd want to just get it back with them before it keels over or I have to pay for its healthcare.
>>
>>1996190
Make sure you bring him to a vet to scan for a chip. If you bring him to a shelter to scan for a chip they may force you to surrender him as a stray, although some county shelters will let you do the stray hold at your home.
>>
>>1996344
>>1996349
The sagging stuff on the side of his face is soft, feels almost like neck fat.

>>1996361
Its America, i don't know whu they wouldn't let keep a stray dog and care for it, especially a pug
>>
>>1996458
it's illegal in some places in america to keep them and considered animal theft if they do have an owner
>>
>>1996458

Yeah a wart or fatty tumor, very normal in elderly dogs.
>>
>>1996466
Anything to worry about?
>>
File: 20151111_080527.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151111_080527.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Heres a better picture of whats hanging off of him
>>
>>1996470

Well I can't possibly diagnosis it from a picture online and am not even a vet so if you're going to keep it I'd want to run it past a vet. But 99 percent chance it is just a fatty tumor dogs get when they're old and it doesn't cause any serious issue unless it is like on a joint or something which it isn't.
>>
>>1996190
>>1996473
I believe those are ears.

Most dogs have them, but you should check with your vet just to make sure.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.