[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a kitten sleep outside?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Okay, so I need an answer on this kind of fast. We just got a new kitten, and my parents (I'm 23, no underage here, just a frugal college student) want her to sleep outside in the screened porch for a while. That's where her food and litter are. I was playing with her for a little while after my parents went to bed, and I was supposed to stick her outside to sleep
However, it's kind of chilly outside right now and when I put her out she started mewing a bit and I ended up bringing her in because I felt bad.
So right now I have to decide whether to keep her in my room for the night. The problem is, my room is a bit of a mess, and the cat's litter and food are outside. The kitten is already litter trained, but I don't know how long it's been since she last pooped/peed, and I don't want her doing it in my room. The litter is outside in the screened porch.
I guess what I should be asking is, was she mewing because she was cold? Do cats have issues sleeping in slightly chilly weather? Or is it possible it was for another reason? And if I keep her in for the night, how should I handle her litter?
>>
Keep her inside.

It won't kill you to move the litter in your room. If she shits/pisses it in, it will take you less than minute to scoop it out and dispose of it so it doesn't sit there and stink. Also clean your room, you gigantic manchild.
>>
>>1994329
right off the bat we need to know where you live and how cold it gets at night.

kittens aren't very capable of staying warm on their own. They're tiny and they lose a lot of heat very quickly. Unless you're living in the tropics your babby probably isn't going to survive a winter outside.
>>
>>1994330
I'm worried that the litter may trigger my allergies. I'm allergic to cats. The cat herself doesn't cause me problems directly, but the litter might.

>>1994332
The American South. North Alabama, to be specific.

Sounds like I should definitely keep her inside, so I suppose the big issue now is her litter.
>>
>>1994329
1) how old is your kitten? is this a young adult cat or a baby?
2) how cold?
3) 23 and still in college? shame!
(naw I'm 24 and working on my bachelors so j/k)
>>
>>1994334
>I'm worried that the litter may trigger my allergies. I'm allergic to cats. The cat herself doesn't cause me problems directly, but the litter might.

it's most likely not allergies but a sensitivity to ammonia. I've seen litter boxes with characol fans built in, something like that could help? or talk to your parents and see if they'll let you keep her inside.
>>
>>1994334
If you're allergic to cats, why the absolute fuck would litter trigger your allergies? If ammonia is a problem, really, just make sure you scoop the litter and don't let it sit there forever.
>>
>>1994334
>North Alabama, to be specific.
yeah, it gets cold enough there to kill a kitten some nights. I think feral kittens usually sleep next to their mom to stay warm.

She might be ok with a pile of blankets to nest in, but I wouldn't risk it until she's grown.
>>
>>1994335
1) A few weeks, I want to say somewhere between 8-10
2) 53
3) What can I say, I'm slow.
>>
File: um-what-the-fuck.jpg (32 KB, 550x609) Image search: [Google]
um-what-the-fuck.jpg
32 KB, 550x609
>>1994334
>I'm allergic to cats. The cat herself doesn't cause me problems directly
>>
>>1994329

>want the cat to sleep outside?

What the absolute fuck????

Who does this?
>>
>>1994341
53 is too cold mate keep her inside mate
>>
>>1994385
This.

Apparently it's part of American culture not to take "dirty animals" into your home.
>>
>>1994510
actually its not. im american and i would never make my cat sleep outside inthe cold.
>>
>>1994337
This.

My brother has that sensitivity, so naturally I get stuck doing litter box duty. Get a box with a lid, that really helps contain the smell
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.