[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me decide anons. I'm getting a dog soon and my options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Help me decide anons.

I'm getting a dog soon and my options are:

Jack shih (pic related) or a jack russell terrier pure bred

Also, would anyone be able to predict what pic related would look like as an adult? I'm hoping it has prominent jack russell genes
>>
>>1992762
Hopefully doesn't grow up to look as stupid as this dog of the same breed
>>
>>1992762
Jack russells are little maniacs. I had a really great shih tzu and so I like the breed... the dog in pic related looks great, it doesn't look like it has the retarded flat snout from the shih tzu. I'd go with that one.
>>
>>1992762
>jack russell

They're small but really agressive and hyperactive and hard to train.

My uncle had one, it slaughtered my cousin's rabbit (destroyed the cage too)
>>
>>1992794
Thanks for the info man. Just a few questions if you don't mind, how long can i expect his fur to grow and do they shed a lot? Also, i hear shih tzu's are really hard to house break.

>>1992812
Same story with my cousins guinea pig lol. They're /fit/ dogs though, that's why i considered them.
>>
>>1992817
Hey they're fit but they're prone to be fucked in the head.

Don't buy from a backyard breeder
>>
>>1992825
>don't buy from a backyard breeder
Fug.. guess i'll look into the first pupper then
>>
I like the look of the mix but you can never really know precisely how a mix will turn out. I think it looks more like the jack Russell. But don't pay over like 250 bucks for it because you can get the same thing at a pound without supporting some maniac mixing dogs in their backyard.
>>
>>1992817
I don't know much about jack russels, just that they're hyper. I think they're both pretty stubborn dogs. Because it's a mix I can't say how long the fur will be, the jack russell genes appear to be stronger though.
>>
Don't listen to these guys. Jack russells are only hyper/maniac if;

1. You don't exercise him/her enough on a daily basis so they have all this built up energy
2. He doesn't see you as the pack leader i.e. You don't act alpha enough.

Jack russells are truly the mans dog of the small breed world.
>>
>>1992980

>alpha
>pack leader

Watch out op, this guy just outed himself as an ignorant moron.
>>
>>1993053
>Someone doesn't know the basics of raising a dog
>Calls someone else ignorant
Let me guess, you own a little fucking lap dog?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>1993134

No and please go Caesar Milan, you're fucking stupid. Dogs don't form packs.
>>
>>1993136
Come back when you've raised a doberman or a husky you faggot.

>Caesar Milan
Literally who?
>>
>>1993136
>Dogs don't form packs
U wot m8? Just look at wild dogs in africa
>>
>>1993141

I've rescued, raised, and trained 3 service dogs. I don't think the fact that you managed to have two decent dogs really makes up for you being totally ignorant of dog behavior and socialization.
>>
>>1993147
What breed were those service dogs? Labrador? Guaranteed you've never raised a rowdy breed like the JRT or a husky, or other breeds that require stern leadership in order to achieve obedience.
>>
>>1993145

African wild dogs are not actually dogs. They're not dogs in the same way that red pandas are not pandas. They're canids but not the same species. It has been widely demonstrated in many countries that have large numbers of stray feral dogs that while they do for temporary groups and can form close bonds with another they do not form lasting packs.

Look it up, it's very interesting.
>>
>>1993149

2 German shepherds and a Belgian Malinois, very challenging dogs if not worked properly. But I'm not trying to get in a dick measuring contest with you, I'm just telling you that the whole idea of alphas is outdated, false, and the reason your dogs were good is because they bonded to you and you were consistent and that's all you need. I have no doubt that you may have trained those dogs well, just that the reason it worked wasn't for the reason you thought it was.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.