[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw English Bulldog owner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
>tfw English Bulldog owner
>>
I used to have one, miss him every damn day. His name was Mr.Beefy after Adam Sandler dog in Lil Nicky
>>
I have two glorious males, never had a health problem.
Ever have absolute faggots come up to you in the street and call you out on the cruel nature of their existence? It's become super fashionable to shame people in the last five years or so, I've stopped even discussing it and gone straight to threatening to punch them in the head.
>>
>>1992178
That's a bulldog. There is no "English".
>>
>>1992403
They are fucking unhealthy though.
>>
>>1992406
Mine aren't, maybe unfit, maybe Their body type isn't fit for running and jumping, but all in all they're perfect pets. Best dogs I've ever owned for companionship, very loyal, and caring.
And first before judging my dog, looks at yourself, do you eat processed food? Drive a car? Drink alcohol? These thing are increasing your chances of death.
Is your dad a 6'4 aryan Adonis? And your mum a super model? Of not they had no right to breed you into existence.
>>
>>1992405
Bulldog has become a blanket term for a lot of dogs now tho, like 'old time' bulldog American bulldog, French bulldog, so to make it obvious I always refer to mine as BRITISH bulldogs (never English)
>>
File: DSCF1908.jpg (4 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1908.jpg
4 MB, 2592x1944
Mine cost a fortune at the vet with his skin problems. Other than that didn't have any other health issues till he was around 10 when he started with hip problems.
He was always active for a bulldog.
>>
>>1992411
You are still wrong. Dumbing down for others just makes you look stupid.
>>
>>1992410
Fucking told.
>>
>>1992410
Lol fuck off. Bulldogs have a lifespan of like 7 years. You can look at them that they are healthy. They struggle breathing. Especially in hot or cold temperatures, and they just have a higher risk of a lot of other health problems than most if not all other dogs.
>>
>>1992441
A lot of dogs have a higher risk of all sorts, you just single out bulldogs for being bred for a certain look. Bulldogs don't have a shorter lifespan then any other dog, oldest one I've had was 14 and my oldest one at the minute is 9 and showing no signs of slowing down.
My dogs are ripped too, I'll get a decent photo and post on here if the thread is still going when I get back, what dog do you have out of interest?
>>
>>1992178
They are so cool, but the health problems are insane
>>
>>1992445
>Bulldogs don't have a shorter lifespan then any other dog
Jesus Christ
>>
>>1992445
Bulldogs are the most unhealthy breed HANDS DOWN. They have the shortest lifespan, the most hip problems and the fewest natural births.

If you think Bulldogs aren't inheritently unhealthy then you are either very ignorant or incredibly stupid.
>>
>>1992445
I bet I could kick the shit out of you "dogs". Not being able to fend off an attacker is a marker of a fake dog aka unhealthy
>>
>>1992463
Retrievers get hip problems, chihuahuas struggle with natural births, and tbf pugs are 'handsdown' the least healthy dog. From my experience my bulldogs have been prime specimens ready to walk in a show or be on a Christmas card, they're beautiful and they have been in great health since puppyhood. I know more mongrels with severe health problems than I do bulldogs.
>>
>>1992465
That kind of shit just proves the kind of short dicked autist you really are. And good luck, my youngest dog can jump four feet and chomp a rope and hold it time, it weighs about 40kg, it would fuck you up. That's if I didn't get there first.
>>
>>1992467
>Retrievers get hip problems
>chihuahuas struggle with natural births
Bulldogs suffer from both of those and many more health problems.
>pugs are 'handsdown' the least healthy dog.
So Pugs are a terrible mess and Bulldogs aren't?!?! How the fuck do you figure that considering they are so very similar in conformation? A Pugs pushed in face is bad but a Bulldogs bumper-covered pushed in face is perfectly healthy?

>From my experience
Your experience means jack shit. I trust OFA and CERF statistics over your experience every day of the week.
>I know more mongrels with severe health problems than I do bulldogs.
Then you know very few dogs. Again, your personal experience means nothing.
>>
>>1992469
Is your chode dogs vertical and analogy for how far your dick can't reach?
>>
>>1992445
>Bulldog
>healthy
KEK
>>
>>1992405
>>1992411
hmm. well I know the owner of Jak in OP pic, she also owns Champ. Both were/are "Bully" the official mascot of Mississippi State and she has always referred to them as English Bulldogs. Just as everyone else at the Vet school has.
>>
>>1992548
I go by the name the the breed club uses. The breed club that has been around longer than Mississippi State College has existed.
>>
>>1992465
Also, Bulldogs are incredibly strong and also have a knack for attacking things legs. My Bulldog is the only dog that can wrestle the rope toy away from my Pitt. It's safe to say that he could probably do some serious damage to your leg.

In fact, with his thick neck and huge chest, he is dog I would least like to have to fight out of all the ones I own. I seriously doubt I could do any real damage with just my bare hands.
>>
>>1992552
If you can't easily pick up a fat sausage then you're disabled
>>
>>1992552
Fact of the matter is that the only thing your dog can kill is itself fat boy
>>
File: Meana.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Meana.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>1992405
You might want to reeducate yourself and look it up. This is my pure bred American bulldog.
>>1992414
This is my pure bred English bulldog
Big difference!
>>
>>1992653
I am aware that there are several different breeds with 'Bulldog' in them. But these dogs- >>1992414, >>1992178 are Bulldogs. The name of the breed is Bulldog. Nothing in front of it. It's not English Bulldog or British Bulldog. It's just the Bulldog.
>>
>>1992403
Not OP but
I wouldn't insult or put someone down for having one, since they seem like really good dogs. But I myself wouldn't get one from a breeder if I could adopt one from a shelter/rescue instead, just because of the issues concerned with them. They're good dogs, it's just the circumstances surrounding them that make me feel a bit sad for them.
>>
>>1992672
Wikipedia
Other names
British Bulldog,
English Bulldog,
Country of origin
England, The Bulldog is a medium-sized breed of dog commonly referred to as the English Bulldog or British Bulldog. Other Bulldog breeds include the American Bulldog, Old English Bulldog (now extinct), Olde English Bulldogge, and the French Bulldog. The Bulldog is a muscular, heavy dog with a wrinkled face and a distinctive pushed-in nose.[4] The American Kennel Club (AKC), The Kennel Club (UK), and the United Kennel Club (UKC) oversee breeding standards. Bulldogs are the 5th most popular purebreed in the United States in 2013 according to the American Kennel Club
>>
>>1992844
>Other names
And? We have already established the fact that the breed is sometimes called something else. That doesn't change the actual name.

From the Bulldog Club of America-

>After bull-baiting, bear-baiting and dog fighting were prohibited in England in 1835, a few dedicated fanciers worked diligently to breed out the aggressive, vicious tendencies and to modify the Bulldog to look more like we see him today, shorter faced and heavier in structure. These breeders made it their job to preserve and protect the Bulldog.
>The modem Bulldog is gentle, intelligent, affectionate, strong and determined. The Bulldog was among the first of the breeds to be granted official recognition when the Kennel Club (England) was organized in 1873.
>>
>>1992897
I call a kennel club and say I want a bulldog then they ask what kind. There are five different breeds of bulldogs. I would have to say ?
>>
>>1992918
Why would you call a kennel club and say "I want a bulldog"? The club doesn't breed or sell dogs.
You would ask for info on a breed club or a list of reputable breeders. Which is when they would ask what breed you are interested in. The correct answer would be, "the Bulldog".
>>
>>1992947
OK I am looking for a bulldog would you have a breeder that you could suggest ?
Sure what kind of bulldog are you looking for ?
>>
File: tumblr_n0e0zbIQUI1rpe379o1_250.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0e0zbIQUI1rpe379o1_250.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>1992178
>paying the vet bills
>>
>>1993139
>OK I am looking for a bulldog would you have a breeder that you could suggest ?
Sure, anon. Can I get your mailing address?
>.... Don't you want to know what kind of bulldog Im looking for?
Sir, you said you were interested in the Bulldog, right? I can send you a list of breeders-
>but you don't know WHAT breed I'm interested in. I didn't say WHAT kind of bulldog.
Sir, I can send you info on multiple breeds. What breeds are you interested in besides the Bulldog?

Word it however you like. A representative of a reputable kennel club will know what breed you are talking about if you call for info on the Bulldog.
>>
>>1993203
I am looking for a bulldog. Not the one with the punched in looking face.
>You mean an American bulldog ?
Yes that is the kind.
>American bulldog
>American bulldog
>American bulldog
>>
File: 1800's english bulldog.jpg (50 KB, 382x438) Image search: [Google]
1800's english bulldog.jpg
50 KB, 382x438
>>1992178
fug
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.