[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would like to start bowhunting for food but don't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: bow-hunting-namibia-05.jpg (197 KB, 934x500) Image search: [Google]
bow-hunting-namibia-05.jpg
197 KB, 934x500
Would like to start bowhunting for food but don't really know if it's okay to kill fuzzy friends. Never killed anything to be honest.

Is it okay to legally kill animals?
>>
>>1991688
Constructive debate full of insights incoming.
>>
>>1991688

Have you ever eaten too much and thrown away food, especially meat?

If the answer to this is "yes" then it might be legally ok, but ethically it makes you a bit of a twat.
>>
>>1991688
I don't know why you would choose a bow. If you go by "don't shoot unless you're sure it's a kill", it must be have a very high skill requirement.
>>
>>1991688
Start with a rifle first. Bow hunting isn't for novice hunters.
>>
>>1991693
People want to be the sick nasty archer. Anti hunting/anti gun people are too stupid to point out how bow hunting is vastly more likely to injure rather than kill the animal and focus on "muh hunting is bad, muh guns r bad."

Use a gun OP. Make sure you do a lot of target practice before you actually go hunting. It's perfectly ethical as long as you don't purposefully injure animals and leave them to suffer, and if you happen to spine a deer, try to learn what you did wrong so it doesn't happen again.

After you get hunting experience you could move on to bow hunting. It's much harder and missing a shot is a lot more expensive.

Also ask /k/
>>
>>1991699
I am also Against" bow hunting " cool kids, but holly shit youre retarded. Anti gun people dont think like that
>>
Just use a gun asshole

When you pin a deer improperly you have to track it for two or three hours while it slowly bleeds out if it doesn't just get away

Arrows are terrible for killing unless you're very talented and accurate, they plug up the would clean
>>
>>1991700
>I am also Against" bow hunting " cool kids, but holly shit youre retarded. Anti gun people dont think like that

Anti-gunners don't think at all, that's the problem.
>>
>>1991708
>*tips gun*
"m'crime rate"
>>
>>1991688
How much can you curl/bent over row? Can you do at least five solid pull ups? Can you hold a 50lb weight at arms length?
Definitely suggest going out to the woods with no hunting experience and a body unfit to bow hunt, to get tired, lost and not see a single game animal.
>>
>>1991700
You would be surprised. Not all of them are so bad, probably most of them are not, unfortunately the loud ones are.

It's sort of like how pro choice people ignore discussion with the people saying "I don't really like abortion but it's not my call" in favor of claiming everyone who's pro teen baby is westboro Baptist.

>>1991717
Modern compound bows tend to have very low hold force once fully drawn. They certainly aren't ye olde 110 lb draw English longbow.
>>
>>1991734
Still not a fuck around tho, you gotta gut fully drawn and hold steady.
>>
OP never said he wanted to go after deers or gnus.
He could just be going after small game, that's fine with a bow, really. There are plenty arrows made just for that and quickly killing the animal.

Hunting big stuff with a bow outside video games is fucking retarded, though.
>>
>>1991688
It depends where you live. Whenever Im up with my grandad just off the res he kills whatever wanders into his vegetable patch and eats it for dinner. One time he got himself, my dad, and I to have a big'ol turkey shoot when those fuckers got into his beets. It was a blast and I went home with two whole baked turkies.

In other words, make sure you live somewhere with abundant wildlife and biodiversity, otherwise you'll just end up killing all the bunnies in your neighborhood and then going back to store bought meat in a year. Murder diversity is key to keeping food on the table without depleting local reserves. If you dont live somewhere that has a more than five types of small game, dont bother.

Another consideration is where you live. If you live in a city with shit water (I mean estuaries, not tap) you may not want to eat any of the fowl.
>>
>>1991708
Kek, beat me to it.
>>
>>1991700
> holly shit youre retarded
> holly shit
> holly

Yeah, okay.
>>
Read Animal Liberation by Peter Singer and The Case for Animal Rights by Tom Regan and then make up your own mind. If you can't be bothered give the animals the benefit of the doubt.
>>
No, but I doubt my post will stop you.
>>
>>1991688
>Is it okay to legally kill animals?
it's you or them, man. Somebody's going to die.
>>
>is it ok to do something legal
yes
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.