[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Go out to get something to eat at 3AM > Open door, feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
> Go out to get something to eat at 3AM
> Open door, feels a little weird, like something was in its way
> Look down, see weird shape in the dark, turn on phone light, and see a squirrel
> Still breathing but is just laying there and shivering. Covers his face when the light is on him.
> Picked him up and put him on a higher level where he just walked around, tried to jump down, but just went plop onto the floor below.
> Got a towel to wrap him in and took him inside because I didn't want a stray cat in my neighborhood eating the poor thing.

What do /an/? Right now he's sleeping in my bathroom sink (it's been like 9 hours now) and he shifts around occasionally but he's generally pretty listless. He stopped shivering though. I left him a couple pieces of Cheerios but from what I can tell, he hasn't eaten it yet. I feel kinda bad because I think I might've clipped him in the head when I opened my door but I can't keep him forever, especially since I have a (former) stray cat in my house who knows something is up in the bathroom.

Pic related, it's him. Sorry about the shitty quality, shitty phone and shitty phone camera and all.
>>
>>1989597
Other than take it to a vet and spend a fortune. Just leave it alone for a day and if its not better call animal control to come pick it up
>>
If you have any peanuts, try giving it a few, might make it peck up a bit. Give it a little bowl of water too. If you really don't want to keep it, yeah, I guess you'll have to call animal control.
>>
make squirrel stew
>>
>>1989616
I've been using a dropper to give it drops of water every hour or so. That's the only thing he really responds to, he licks the water off the end. Other than that, he tried walking and wobbled around and went back to laying down.
>>
Try making a mix of water, crushed peanuts. Or butter and peanuts. If it's going to recover, it needs energy
>>
>>1989597
Likely rabies.
>>
OP here, I guess it's a happy ending. Kept giving it water every so often, eventually it started squeaking a little and munching on the cheerios. When it jumped off the sink and started hopping around in the shower, I wrapped it in a towel and took it outside, and it just bounced off like a normal squirrel. Glad that's over with.
>>
>>1989806
you are a good man OP
>>
>>1989806
Yay!
>>
>>1989806
Based OP.
>>
Yeah.. Aversion to light is a symptom of rabies infection, friend.
>>
>>1992376
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>1992376
i probably have rabies
>>
File: kyoko-kano.jpg (48 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
kyoko-kano.jpg
48 KB, 526x394
>>
>>1989806
Good man. You've got a heart of gold
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.