[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Mustelid general. Post your ferrets/otters/weasels here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104
File: 0095_jester_hat.png (342 KB, 600x548) Image search: [Google]
0095_jester_hat.png
342 KB, 600x548
New Mustelid general. Post your ferrets/otters/weasels here.
>>
File: 200w.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>
File: FthgBJh.gif (991 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
FthgBJh.gif
991 KB, 500x264
>>
Are there any toys I can put in my ferrets cage? I don't like to put plastic balls in as they tend to just chew on them when its in their cage (worry about choking).

I feel kind of bad that they don't really have much things to play with?

They have sleepcubes and tubes, plenty of things to crawl in and relax but I'm wondering if theres anything more I could do?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a third male ferret - my current ferrets are two 5 month old males, currently un-neutered but will be soon. Any tips to introducing a new ferret?
>>
>>1982333
Maybe you could add one of those ropes dogs chew on? Or a pill bottle/water bottle wrapped in a sock?

I don't know much about introducing ferrets, but I suggest you make sure the ferret gets along with the two you already have before you're set on adopting that one.
>>
File: 1439228876572.jpg (3 MB, 2036x2455) Image search: [Google]
1439228876572.jpg
3 MB, 2036x2455
Someone local is selling their 2 ferrets and I'm trying to get in contact with them right now. I'm unsure as to how much food I'm supposed to get for them every month (lbs/month).
>>
>>1983609
I have two males. I've never actually measured how much they eat per month but the shelter I adopted from gave me about a pound and said it should last a month, so that would be my guess.
>>
>>1982333
If they like chewing, why not get them some toys specifically designed for chewing? Mini kongs, for example. Or antler chews. Also I've hear of something called "n bones" for ferrets.

>>1983609
I have two small females and one large male. I've never measured exactly how much my ferrets eat. I just refill their food bowls as needed so they always have food available. I'd say that for the three of them, a 6 pound bag probably lasts somewhere between 1-2 months?
>>
>>1983609
>Mfw anons picture is my ferret
>>
Ferrets look like a lot of fun as they seem to be very active, cheeky and playful on gifs and videos. Are they annoying as house pets though? They seem a little high maintenance.
>>
File: IMG_20150328_161733456.jpg (661 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150328_161733456.jpg
661 KB, 2592x1944
Picked up ferret #5 a month ago, a year old female. Already have three males and another female. New girl gets one fine with one male and the female but violently attacks the other two males - even though she's about 60% their size.

Seems strange that she's taken to one male but not the others, even though there's no hostility between any of the males. She's also the friendliest out of the group, when it comes to people at least - always running up my shirt to sit on my shoulder and lick my ears and bite my glasses

Any idea how I can get her to stop being such a cunt? Already tried hissing at her, spraying her with water and scruffing her - all of which worked fine during her nip training.
>>
Is not being on a consistent schedule bad for a ferret's health? I have a very erratic sleeping schedule and although I'd have time to play with the ferret, it would be at different times every day
>>
File: 1434943390833.jpg (600 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
1434943390833.jpg
600 KB, 675x900
>>1983704
>>1983864

Thanks. Seller is stupid and kept their ad up despite the ferrets already being sold days ago. I'm looking into another right now.

>>1985857

I usually keep pictures I like of other anon's pets as some sort of reminder or something to look at and hope for.
>>
>>1985861
They are hard to take care of initially, then you get used to it and it's easy. If you don't want to put in that initial work don't get one.
>>1986002
I'm not too sure. Mine are out at different times depending on the day and don't seem to mind. As long as they get enough sleep and at least three hours ou of the cage every day I think it'll be fine.
>>
This is sad without Russian Weasel Man. :(
>>
File: WIN_20151019_175139.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151019_175139.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
My nigga sally
>>
>>1985861
I dunno about annoying. They can be frustrating at times because they're troublemakers, but you get used to it.

As for high maintenance, like the other anon said, at first it is a lot of work but soon it settles into routine. When you first get them there will be a period of adjustment for all involved, and probably training that needs to be done (litter training/bite inhibition training, etc.) If you get an adult ferret who had a previous owner instead of a baby ferret, you might not have to do as much for training, but it's still worth mentioning. After this initial period of training, figuring out the behavior of your ferret and adjusting to a care routine, it's really not too much maintenance, in my opinion.

>>1985958
Hmm. I wish I could help but I've only ever experienced introductions/acclimation between ferrets that went completely smoothly and quickly. My best guess is that it might just take more time. Something about the other two males is just rubbing her the wrong way. Are they all housed together? And have you noticed any specific triggers that set her off (the context in which she attacks them?)

>>1986002
They adapt pretty well to whatever schedule you've got. They sleep a lot (~18 hours a day) but it doesn't seem to matter when they get that sleep, and it's obviously interspersed throughout the day--they wake up several times to eat, play, go to the bathroom, etc. So it's ok not to have consistent playtimes. Ferrets are pretty much up for playtime whenever, even if you just woke them up. They do fine like this, so don't worry.

>>1986066
Ah, darn. Let us know how things go!

>>1986714
Sally is a cutie. :3
>>
>>1981566
I have old rats and after they pass on, I'd like to get a baby ferret. But there are no breeders in my state and I read that ferrets from pet stores come from mills where they aren't treated well. Now I'm sad.
>>
>>1986651
>>1986794
So sleep schedule doesnt matter. Awesome.

Another concern is that I think my girlfriend is allergic to them somehow and gets mildly itchy after she handles one. My mother had the same problem when we had a ferret as a family pet. Are they allergic to their oils or something? I know ferrets are supposed to be hypo allergenic so I don't know why they get all itchy.
>>
>>1986799
While not ideal (any mass breeder isn't ideal in my opinion,) Marshalls isn't horrible. Additionally, in the US, the health/hardiness of pet store ferrets from mass breeders vs. ferrets from private breeders doesn't differ much, as the general genetic stock is largely the same.

So I think buying pet store ferrets is ok. If you still don't feel right about it, you could always stalk craigslist for people giving away/rehoming their ferrets. Some will even be young/baby ferrets, if that's what you're looking for.

>>1986800
Ferret allergies are less common than dog or cat allergies, but they happen.

I myself sometimes get mildly itchy/irritated from handling them a lot, but it's nothing that allergy medication and washing my hands after handling can't manage. Heck, I am more allergic to dogs than I am to ferrets, and even more allergic to cats, but I still have both. I just make sure to wash my hands after petting them, don't allow them in my bed, and take care not to stick my face up to them too much. Vacuuming regularly helps a lot too.

You should take her to a pet store that will let you pet/play with the ferrets, have her handle them and wash her hands after (before touching her face) and see if it's manageable/tolerable like that.
>>
>>1986801
I read some really unsavory things about them, but they could have been biased. Thank you for the information. I'm definitely wanting a baby ferret. :D

Is there a significant difference between male and female ferrets? In regards to energy levels, personality etc.
>>
>>1986809
Yeah, it's not a straight-forward issue and there are a lot of different things to consider. I'd recommend reading this for an in-depth and down-to-earth perspective on it, and then you can make your own decision: http://www.ferretuniverse.com/marshalls/index.asp

Personally, I have nothing against buying Marshalls ferrets (Petco sells them.)

>Is there a significant difference between male and female ferrets? In regards to energy levels, personality etc.
Some people say there is a difference. Some say females are more playful/active and males more chill/cuddly. In my experience though, it really depends more on the individual ferret rather than the sex of the ferret.

Pretty much the main difference between male and female ferrets is just size. Males are much bigger. It's not uncommon for them to be twice the size of a female. As such, they'll eat more food, and thus cost a little more to feed (though because they are such small animals it's on such a small scale that it's negligible.) Males also usually have a stronger smell than females. Their smells are also just...different? I prefer the smell of female ferrets but it's just preference, really.
>>
Can someone give me some information on terminology?

I've recently started my own website including a Wiki for my ferrets - basically, I run a small sanctuary.

One of my jills is a sable with mitts. Would she be called a:

Mitted sable?
Sable with mitts?
Sable standard with mitts?
Something else?
>>
>>1986809
My advice would be to check craigslist/shelters first. They probably won't have a baby ferret, but there are lots of ferrets that need homes! If you can't find a young one there, then try Marshalls. I don't know much about them, but my Petco already has 10 ferrets in a small enclosure. Our shelter normally has around 30 ferrets. I don't know why they keep breeding ferrets when there are too many. Most people impulse buy and then they go to shelters, but that's business I guess.
>>1986827
I've heard mitted sable before, if that helps you any.
>>
File: 1026151743a~2.jpg (129 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1026151743a~2.jpg
129 KB, 960x960
What do you guys feed your weasels?

I mix blue buffalo wilderness chicken with instinct raw boost duck and turkey. that's what my cats eat too .
>>
File: 1428894978939.jpg (48 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
1428894978939.jpg
48 KB, 500x455
>Hmm. I wish I could help but I've only ever experienced introductions/acclimation between ferrets that went completely smoothly and quickly. My best guess is that it might just take more time. Something about the other two males is just rubbing her the wrong way. Are they all housed together?

No, I've got 2 hutches and a cage. Lily, the problem jill, shares with my other femàle and Marley, the oldest and largest male. She's never given him any shit.

>And have you noticed any specific triggers that set her off (the context in which she attacks them?)

Again, no. No provocation. If she is out at the same time as either, she'll make a bee line for them and just pounce, bite the scruff and not let go. She's not drawn blood yet but she does take chunks of fur and has grazed the skin. I've had to douse her in water from her bottle before to get her off.
>>
File: mrrobot-cover.jpg (237 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
mrrobot-cover.jpg
237 KB, 720x720
>>1987071
When she is being mean, flick her nose or pinch really hard behind the ear
>>
>>1987054
I mix some Wellness CORE food and blue buffalo wilderness chicken when they're on kibble, but they have a mixed diet. It used to be about one day raw, one day kibble, but I've been getting lazy lately. For raw I fed them chicken gizards/liver/heart/wing meat all blended up in appropriate portions. I'd put whole or halved bones in the mix, but they never ate them, so I usually give them crushed eggshells. Eggs and fish oil for treats.
>>
File: small-ferret-cage-image.jpg (35 KB, 620x377) Image search: [Google]
small-ferret-cage-image.jpg
35 KB, 620x377
Is having a smaller cage like pic bad? I have a bigger, multi level cage but my ferret never goes up the ramps even when his food is there. I've tried guiding him up there and shit, but he just wont eat if its up there.

Just seems like a waste if he hates it. If I take him out to play enough, it shouldn't matter right?
>>
>>1987245
What does the big cage and ramps look like ?
>>
File: multi-level-ferret-cage.jpg (93 KB, 625x560) Image search: [Google]
multi-level-ferret-cage.jpg
93 KB, 625x560
I'm not at home so I couldn't give you a picture of the cage, but its something kind of similar to this.
I think he hates the plastic ramps. Seems like they'd be easy to slip on.
>>
>>1987261
that's exactly the reason. the ramps need cloth or bars to climb easy. the small cage is ok if you let him out to run till he's tired
>>
File: 2015-10-10 13.07.03.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-10 13.07.03.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>1987245
If he's out most of the time, I think it's okay to have a "one floor" cage, but the cage in this pic seems REALLY small. Don't take it if your ferret is not always out (this cage is fine if it's only to sleep, not anything else) Mine didn't like the ramp too at first, but they quickly went up and down in no time.

Also, Here's Isidore and Raoul. I'm absolutely in love with them!
>>
>>1985958
First, how "violent" is the attack? If they don't defecate during the attack, let them be. I know it's weird but the ferrets HAVE to establish dominance, the female is searching for her place.

Second, did you do all the steps? Step one : don't put the new ferret (here the female) with the other for the two first weeks. Second, trade the clothes they're sleeping in between the female and the crew. Third, present the female and the other ferrets in your arms. Let them sniff the front and the back. Then, and only then, you put them on the floor and watch. Like I said if they're fighting but they're not defecating, it's alright. if they're making a lot of agressive dooking and you think one of the ferret is really suffering, take it in your arm and check the nervosity level (back legs wide open : huge stress). Pet him, put him back. It could take weeks, be patient. Or she simply will never like them, but she's still young so I think it will be fine! :) Sorry for the long, potato english post. Hope you will see this.
>>
>>1987302
I always put new ferrets in with the others from day 1, never problems before . but all the ones here they are fixed so maybe is easier.
>>
>>1987307
I'm simply repetating what they taught me in the association, if all your ferrets were fine with the new guy it's great! But be careful that the new guy can have some sickness depending of his previous live, it's also why it's recommended to let 2 weeks pass. But again, I have no problem with other methods as long as the ferret is happy. ;) I'm from Europe too, my guess is each country/region of the world has his own tips and "how to do" with the ferrets.
>>
File: mr.robot42.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mr.robot42.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
>>1987308
I once had similar problem as the guy you respond to with new ferret biting too hard . he was a baby and oddly food aggressive, he would bite me if I touch him while he eats. I would "punish" him if he bite the others too hard where they would cry really loud and he wouldn't let go. Never heard of the defecation thing but I won't tolerate such aggression . maybe I am a mean parent.
>>
>>1987317
Nope, you're just fine. Baby ferrets can be tricky, hopefully they learn fast too! I also said "If one seems to be suffereing too much/making agressive dooking", that includes your description. I mean, a parent/ferret lover knows when it's "too much", I myself stop some fights between my two males sometimes, theyr really love each other but you know boys, sometimes they bite too hard.

The defecation thing is not common, I'll try to find a video. I only saw the defecation thing in one special case. (a female 2 year old ferret that don't aknowledge the existence of any ferrets, she has her own room now, what a princess!)
>>
>>1987317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKzejHB5vv8

Have not found one with defecation (yet) but here's a good example of "too much". Very agressive dooking, tail "in fir" (we call it that in French, the tail is very tousled, like a fir), fight is very quick in the mouvements, hard to film. Sorry if I sounded like "until the ferret defecates, it's fine!", totally not my intention.
>>
>>1987317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu40FtBeSfQ
Another example of too much, I'm stopping the search now, my males don't really appreciate hearing other ferrets fighting ;) Having a bad first encounter doesn't mean that the ferret will never accept the other ; in the description of the video the guy said that they played for hours after that.
>>
>>1987302
Thanks for your reply.

They have defecated before when she's attacked. I've been keeping them for about 17 years and have never had this issue. I thought it would become less of an issue as they got bigger than her but even though she's dwarfed now, she still kicks the living shit out of them. I'll try going through these steps tonight and see if I can get some pics or a webm.

I've swapped bedding and I've held them close together and she snapped at them.
>>
>>1987322
I've seen the defecation thing a few times. They shit when they are scared and it really fucking stinks, way worse than normal. I swear they do it on purpose either as a message or to distract their attacker. Maybe it has hormones in it or something.
>>
I have been interested in getting a ferret for a while now, but am weary due to my already owning a young adult cat who plays really rough with the dogs and would be worried about him messing with or possibly killing a ferret. Have any of you guys had experience with having both animals or heard stories? I assume its not a generally good idea, but if it turns out the two species usually get along fine Id love to know. In addition, the other limiting factor I have is the smell. I have heard bad things about ferrets stinking and was wondering what the truthfulness of that is? And what they sell like if there is any comparison possible?
>>
>>1987461
I have. Between March 2014 and July this year I had a lodger who had a Bengal cat and its something I was worried about. My ferrets have their own room in the house so I thought I'd be fine if I kept the door closed. Turns out I was worried over nothing.

Everytime she went near the room she used to become very nervous and usually back away. One time I carried her in there to see and she cried. One time one of my ferrets was loose and followed me out of the room, Marley, a huge bruiser of a ferret and she was terrified of him.
>>
>>1986712
Where is he? He hasn't emailed me in almost two wedks, I'm worried about him.
>>
>>1987071
Perhaps she's just less familiar with them because they are housed separately? I can't think of why else she would particularly attack them. I would try placing the two cages/hutches up close next to each other so that she is near them but not -with- them, if that makes any sense. With dogs and cats, doing this often helps get two animals acclimated to each other.

Another thing I might try is swapping their bedding--take the beds/hammocks/whatever from the two boys she has a problem with, and put it in the cage Lily is housed in, and take hers and put it in with the two boys. Their scent will be on it and it might help get her more used to/comfortable with them as well.

Also, do the boys retaliate when she attacks? If she hasn't drawn blood yet or actually hurt the boys, you might also considering allowing them to tussle it out and see if that helps--I have heard that sometimes ferrets new to each other might fight to establish boundaries and position, etc.

Good luck with her! Hopefully she will come around soon.
>>
>>1987465
So the cat was afraid of the ferrets? Thats pretty funny and not what I would have expected
>>
>>1987475
Me either. She was quite a ballsy cat as well.
>>
>>1987475
My cats are somewhat afraid of my ferrets as well. They stay out of the ferrets' way, and when a ferret gets too close they hiss and run off. It's kinda funny. Though on a couple of occasions, one of my cats did play with my ferrets, which was cute as heck.
>>
>>1987467
That's pretty much what I'm inclined to do. The only issue is those two males are my girlfriend's and the other three are mine. I'm worried she'll hurt them. They don't really retaliate, although, I'm thinking if it's 2 on 1 they might team up. Might be a case of throw everyone on to the carpet together and just have a Royal Rumble, tell her off every time she misbehaves and just put her back. Currently I'm putting her away when she misbehaves, rather than putting her down again.
>>
>>1987451
I'm happy that you saw my answer, sorry if it was a bit messed up with all this defecation thing. By exeperience I think I can say that size doesn't matter, I saw some really skinny lady beat the shit up of some big males, and the males doing nothing to counterattack... Yeah these animals are weird!

Yeah if she snap at them that's not a good sign, but like I said it could take time, but it's possible. A video would be very good.

If it's like that for one week, can you maybe seperate them BUT that they could still see each other? By placing the cages close or by letting them see each other in the distance when they're out. I know it could be very complicated depending of your house/ferrets managment but if it is, I think it could help.
>>
>>1987461
For the cats, I heard lot of stories about cats that are afraid (they stay in high places, where the ferrets can't reach them) and some of the cat and the ferrets are BFF. Never heard a tragic story BUT recently on a group I'm on a ferret lost an eye because of a cat attack. So... I'd say be cautious, it depends of your animals.

For the smell, I don't think there is comparaison possible. The best thing you could do is go see some in pet shop/associations and realize by yourself. The closest I can think of is the smell of my sister's dogs in a small room for a complete day. It smells the animal REALLY strongly. But you know it's not an horrible smell like vomit or shit, it just smells the animal. Just really really much.
Personnaly I love the smell of my ferrets and I know I'm not the only batshit crazy ferret lover to love it. And when you actually get a ferret, there's some tip to make the smell more bearable. (washing their clothing, etc.)
>>
>>1987537
I'm going to get whatever footage I can tonight. If I can't webm, I'll YouTube it or something. Can we post mp4 here?
>>
>>1987568
Err, good question, never tried. Will wait for the footage then :)
>>
>>1987466
I have been going through things.
>>
>>1987547
That was a very helpful teply to both of my questions, thank you very much
>>
File: CAM00337.jpg (279 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00337.jpg
279 KB, 2048x1536
>>1987605

Hey! Well I'm glad your still alive haha. You should send me a message when you get some time to, I can't get on skype very often.

Hope you're doing ok. Lawskas sending you love.
>>
File: TRIM_20151029_211128.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TRIM_20151029_211128.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>1987570
Webms ready,but mootykins hasn't enabled audio. Can YouTube if need be.

This shows what Lily is normally like, not aggressive at all and likes being handled.
>>
File: TRIM_20151029_211417.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
TRIM_20151029_211417.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>1987899
Then Lil becomes a complete cunt as soon as she sees Felix - who has a dodgy paw anyway (lifelong, unrelated - we think it was from working).

Bushy tails, squeaking, screaming - he had a bit of a piss on the rug as well but no defecating this time. He ended up hiding under the hutch for a few minutes and had to be coaxed out. As soon as she was down again she did exactly the same but I split them up in five seconds and put her away.
>>
File: 1442365395727.jpg (142 KB, 1000x799) Image search: [Google]
1442365395727.jpg
142 KB, 1000x799
>>1983609
>>1986066

>>1986794

Update, I finally found someone 'nearby' who is selling their ferrets and supplies. I'll be picking them up this Sunday and be sure to take pictures of them. One question I have though, should I keep the names they were given by their previous owners? They're both 2 years old and I'm wondering if it's worth renaming them or not.
>>
>>1988026
It doesn't matter either way. Unlike dogs, most owners don't train their ferrets to learn their names.
>>
File: 2015-10-29 22.22.34.jpg (772 KB, 2202x2532) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29 22.22.34.jpg
772 KB, 2202x2532
Introducing Cocoa Nib, Halloween edition!

>>1988026
Awesome! Be sure to post pics when you get them!

They might be used to their names, but they should be able to learn new ones if you want to change them. It's up to you.
>>
>>1987909
Sorry wasn't there yesterday, or today for you (time zone yay). Yeah it's very brutal. I think it will take time to work out, if this work out. There is no miracle, either she will learn to accept him, or not. I can't say anything else either that what I said the other time (trade clothing, seeing each other, etc.) I hope it will work out, they're both very cute :) I like their name!

Taking a pseudonym now, if you want to reach me. I'm interested in seeing them getting along, I believe in them! She's young, it must be possible.
>>
File: IMG_20151030_201055464.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_201055464.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>1988271
Hey, just had play time with them all. When the boys were out, Lily was placed in one of the travel cages so she was more exposed to them. Little bit of nipping at the bars but nothing too severe. We reprimanded her when she misbehaved too.

She was acting out against my gf too but never nips me. She's just had her nails done so I think it was the red shellac.
>>
File: IMG_20151030_200844667.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_200844667.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
She was definitely feeling left out. Why do cat noodles move too fast for photos?
>>
>>1988513
heh, cat noodles
>>
File: 1433159552490.jpg (64 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1433159552490.jpg
64 KB, 960x720
>>1985958
Aw yes long mammal thread time to shitpost. Y'all don't love the best long mamal . This apex mother fucker.
>>
>>1988512
>>1988513
How are things going anon? I'm interested.
I'm trying to teach the dogs how to play with the ferrets. One is scared of them, and I know the other one isn't much interested in playing. However the other dog is very interested. When I take the ferrets down his nose goes crazy and he follows them around. The ferrets like to nip at his paws; he'll leave after they do. Otherwise, he likes to dig up blankets they're under. Sometimes he gets too excited, so we watch him. Any tips to keep them playing together?
>>
>tfw used to have, at one point, 6 ferrets
>tfw they all died of cancer
>tfw ferrets live such short lives
>>
My homeys Sadie and Shovelhead

Sadie's in my hand, Shovelhead's in the fridge
>>
>>1990713
Do the ferrets and the rabbit actually get along? I'd imagine that the rabbit would be spooked by them.
>>
>>1990714
They got along well enough. I've heard of ferrets playing too rough with them and killing them through shock, but they didn't really socialize with each other, despite having every opportunity to. I found the rabbit chilling outside my house at 2 AM one night and kept it for two weeks while I looked for the owner. They didn't do much more than sniff each other in that time, even though the rabbit was super friendly and social. I wouldn't recommend having them together though. Could be dangerous.

Sorry for the poor phrasing/grammar.
>>
>>1990231
We tried again twice over the weekend and it's pretty much the same. She's still going for them. Separate - flick - back down - attack - separate - flick - back down. After about 4 rounds I'd had enough and just put her away. I don't think she's associating it with punishment so other ideas would be appreciated.

As for dogs, the in laws have two. One of them is really good with them, very interested and sniffs and wags his tail. He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback, so a big lad.

The other constantly barks and bites at the bars so she's kept well away. A Parson Russell so a natural ratter, suppose it's nature for her.
>>
>>1990231
Just keep encouraging friendly/playful interactions that are gentle. He'll get used to the paw nipping eventually. Praise/reward him for playing gently with them. When he started getting too excited, redirect him and separate them for a minute until he calms down, then let him try again. Definitely keep supervising him--if things get too rowdy your ferrets could get hurt by your dog getting too rough or trampling them.

>>1990728
That's about what I would expect, I guess.

>>1990884
For punishment to be effective, it has to come RIGHT when the bad behavior happens, not after it has stopped (after you've separated them.) Otherwise she will not learn the association between the punishment and the behavior. She'll instead associate the punishment with what she's currently doing or what is currently happening.

Punishment is pretty hard to get right with animals since it can get confusing for them if not done right.

Have you tried putting a barrier between them during playtime? Something they can see each other through (like a baby gate) but can't get to each other? This might help get her used to them/comfortable being around them.
>>
>>1990985
Yes. I've been placing her in a travel cage that I use to take them to the vet. It's completely barred so she can see exactly what is going on and placed it in the middle of the floor when the others are playing.

As far as punishment goes, I'm scruffing her to break things up. Check the webm I've posted, when it goes too far I pick her up by the scruff and flick her nose.
>>
File: IMG_20151103_141037.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151103_141037.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>1990985
>>1991002
This is what I've been putting her in during play time.
>>
>>1991003
How does she do while she's in the travel cage? Does she freak out trying to get at them or is she relatively calm?
>>
>>1991003
Hi there. Maybe she's jealous that the others can play while she's in her travel cage? Just a thought.
Keep it up, I believe there is no change since the last time we talked?
>>
>>1991014
She's fine, runs around and sniffs in there occasionally nips at the bars but only when one of the others does.

>>1991024
I did consider that but it doesn't matter if she's been in there or no. There's been no change that I can see.
>>
>>1991030
She's a tough one isn't she? ;) Best luck to you and your crew! I don't have anything else to say, keep up the good work, be positive about it.
>>
>>1991030
Does she react to bitter apple/lemon juice? You could rub a little on her nose when she goes after them.

Maybe try seperating the two boys she has an issue with. Let her have some time outside and one of the boys in the travel cage, Keep the rest in your normal cage. See if that changes her behavior at all.
>>
>>1991035
Thank you, we know this can be sorted. It's just going to take some effort.

>>1991121
We haven't tried that yet but I did make that suggestion to my gf on Sunday.

The boys she doesn't get on with are always in separate cages but they do come out together to play. Having one out at a time with her in the travel cage is something I tried yesterday. Then, I put one of them in the cage and she was running about. She seemed more active and nipped at the bars a little. Everytime, I pulled her back a foot or so by the scruff. By about the fifth time I think she was getting out as she started ducking to avoid my grip and then eventually ran away from him on her own accord. Baby steps I think but showing some improvement.
>>
>>1991511
That does sound like improvement. Another idea may be to hold her in your lap and let the two boys run around, or vice versa. It's hard to keep them still though! Just keep her sniffing, seeing, and interacting with them in a safe way. It sounds like she'll calm down eventually.
>>
Hey /an/, I've noticed my ferrets like to bother me when I try to change the litter. I have to put them in the travel cage, otherwise they paw at the scooper or the bag holding the dirty litter. I've scruffed them before, but they don't seem to respond, so I just put them in the travel cage. Will I just have to do this every time?
>>
>>1991759
Mine are exactly the same, almost everytime Isidore will shit while looking at me in the eyes (what a charming animal), Raoul will try to get in the garbage bag and if they catch me refilling the litter they become crazy jumping at my hand, bitting for Isidore.
I don't know why, maybe because they find they find the sound of the scooper rustling in the litter funny, or because they want to inspect the garbage bag.
So yeah, you'll have to do it everytime. Enjoy!
>>
My dog died about 6 months ago (I've had her for literally half my life) and now I live in a tiny apartment that's just not suitable for dogs.
Would /an/ recommend I get a ferret? I was hoping for a pet that doesn't need to be caged often and is easy to house train. Does anyone here use their cages only for sleeping? Would it be feasible to have a free roaming ferret in your house? I'm a NEET so it's not like it'll be left alone all day to chew through wires and shit.
Also: food? Is cat food ok or should they only be fed raw meat? maybe that's a stupid question...
>>
>>1992420
Sorry for your dog Anon. Yes, your ferret would be more than happy to roam freely in the house, just be very careful, there is A LOT to think for making the place ferret-proof. (plant can poison them or they will simply dig up the plant causing a mess, they LOVE to dig up plants, the dangerous product like detergent must be somewhere he can't go, etc. ...) you'll have to make some adjustments, even if you're always home an accident happens very fast. Last time I went to the toilet and when I went back Raoul had broken a glass and was standing in front of the sharp broken pieces, I was really afraid.

They don't chew wires, most of the ferrets don't give shit about wires but some of them will try one bite just to see, but no chewing.

Please no cat food, unless you want your ferret to die at age 5. This shit is bad for them. They're carnivorous so only adapted dry food (Versele-Laga for exemple) with NO cereals in it. Or yes you can give him raw meat with muscles and bone powder, or give him young chicken. Meat alone isn't enough, you must make it like a prey in the nature, so muscles and bones are important.
>>
>>1992462
Dry cat food is fine for them as long as it's high quality, meat based stuff, since it's essentially the same as high quality ferret food.

Look at http://moredooks.herobo.com/search.php?chart=ferret for finding what foods are best for them.

Though yes, raw diet is best for them and is certainly ideal. Not always practical but if you can do it, that's awesome.
>>
>>1992468
Yes, if it's meat based with no cereals and no vegetables it's fine. I don't know about you but in Europe cat food is not that good and we had another scandal not so long ago, that's why I don't recommand it in general. But if there is good cat food out there, it's great!
>>
>>1992462
thanks for the tip about house plants, I have a heck of a lot, I never even though about keeping them out of reach.
>>
>>1992471
No problem, you avoided an apocalypse in your house!
>>
File: yo-yo potting soil.jpg (494 KB, 1280x1852) Image search: [Google]
yo-yo potting soil.jpg
494 KB, 1280x1852
>>1992471
Ferrets are troublemakers and LOVE digging in houseplants. Definitely good to keep them out of reach (not only to avoid a mess and damage to the plants, but because certain common houseplants can be poisonous to animals if ingested/chewed on.)

Pic related--my ferret Yo-yo after she got caught digging in my pineapple plant. If she can get to it, she will go for it!
>>
>>1992468
does it have to be dried cat food? The only reason I ask about cat food is because there aren't any pet shops nearby and it would be easier to get cat food from a supermarket. What should I look for in a cat food? What meats should I supplement their diet with?
>>
>>1992482
If you find cat food with only meat in it (no cereals, no vegetables, no milk), it's fine, either canned food or dry food. I don't know if you'll find it in a normal supermarket tough.

For the meat, you can give them chicken mostly. Beef is a little too rich, only give it from time to time as a treat or when your ferret need a little bonus (not enough weight, sickness). A raw egg (only the egg yolk) once a week is good too.
>>
>>1992482
If it's easier for you to go to the supermarket than a pet shop and you have time (as a NEET) I suggest you feed them raw. This site has lots of information:
http://holisticferret60.proboards.com/

You may need some kibble at first. Ferrets imprint on their diet at a young age and it may take them a while to even realize it's supposed to be food. Just make sure you feed them a balanced diet. Like I said, that site will help you plenty.
>>
>>1992462
Sucks most ferrets in the US at least are already imprinted on kibble. The ferret kibbles are a scam. I have found fantastic cat kibbles to feed mine. I have tried to feed them mice, raw eggs, raw and cooked chicken, etc, they will only eat kibble. Squee will "eat" raw stuff if it's blended into liquid.
>>
>>1992633
Almost the same here, didn't try to much but one of them desn't eat any meat, the other eat some raw chicken and chicken's heart from time to time, but not much. Yes, ferret kibbles are a scam mostly, the Versele-Laga Complete are good but it's almost an exception seeing all the bad ferrets kibbles.

I think the situation in Europe is not much better, it's easier to feed kibble to a ferret so almost everyone does it, reproductors to associations.
>>
>>1992687
To be fair, the associations don't have the money and the infrastructure to feed everyone with raw meat/baby chicken, and most of the ferrets that got rescued were fed kibbles, so making them pass to the raw meat would be very difficult.
>>
/rabies/ general
>>
>>1992482
Look at the moredooks website and read up about what makes a good food for ferrets. Honestly though you're not likely to find something high quality enough to be sufficient for ferrets in a supermarket. You will probably have to find a pet store or shop online to get good kibble.

As for supplementing their diet with meat, pretty much anything goes, just don't give too much of any one thing (especially organ meats, too much of that is bad.) You can give pieces of chicken (including bones but ONLY if it's raw chicken.) Egg yolks are good (you can pour it into a kong toy and freeze it for extra fun.) Freeze dried liver, etc.
>>
How many mice do your ferrets eat a day?
>>
File: is_this_nigga_seriously.png (229 KB, 342x351) Image search: [Google]
is_this_nigga_seriously.png
229 KB, 342x351
>>1993385
>>
>>1993385
loled out loud
>>
File: 1.jpg (51 KB, 396x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
51 KB, 396x720
>>
File: 11.jpg (46 KB, 396x720) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
46 KB, 396x720
My other ferret got his winter coat. This one hasn't even started shedding yet.
>>
File: 111.jpg (44 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
44 KB, 405x720
>>
File: 1111.jpg (40 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
40 KB, 720x405
>>
OTTER CUTENESS RANKINGS!

1. Northern sea otter
2. Southern sea otter
3. North American river otter
4. Asian small clawed river otter
5. European river otter
6. African clawless otter
7. Giant otter
>>
>>1993886
River otters > Sea otters > Giant otters
>>
>>1993905

I love river otters but sea otters have more of the adorable, needy eyed fuzzball thing going on

Giant otters look like how you might imagine Gollum when reading The Hobbit
>>
File: pungkin.jpg (85 KB, 608x417) Image search: [Google]
pungkin.jpg
85 KB, 608x417
>>
File: silly.jpg (213 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
silly.jpg
213 KB, 600x480
>>
>>1993886
>sea otters at top

Best taste
>>
File: saltwaterteddybear.png (510 KB, 581x445) Image search: [Google]
saltwaterteddybear.png
510 KB, 581x445
>>1994231

cuddly water teddies and their seaweed blankies!
>>
>>1993886
River otter>Sea Otter>Giant Otter

But what about mustela genus /an/?
1. European polecat
2. Domestic ferret
3. Black-footed ferret
4. Japanese weasel
5. Mountain weasel
6. Long-tailed weasel
7. Stoat/ermine
8. Least weasel
9. Siberian weasel
10. European mink
11. Yellow-bellied weasel
12. Amazon weasel

Left out a few but yeah.
>>
>>1993886
>God Tier
Asian Short-Clawed Otter

>Great Tier
American/European River Otter

>Meh Tier
Cape Clawless Otter

>Shit Tier
Sea Otters

>Get Out Tier
Giant Otters
>>
>>1995215

What's with your hate on for sea otters?
>>
Hey /an/ whats the cutest ferret markings? I really like panda ferrets.
>>
>>1996264
I really like the true black kind, it's really popular right now.
>>
File: VID_20151111_212047533-1.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VID_20151111_212047533-1.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Bit of an update, managed to get Marley playing nicely with the other two boys last night. I'd been worried about this as Marley is huge and still has his bollocks. He can be a bit unpredictable at times and his playful nips really hurt because of how big he is. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. I'm hoping he'll put Lily in her place if she starts fighting the other boys.
>>
File: tumblr_nxozkd3OiY1sh8emxo1_540.jpg (84 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxozkd3OiY1sh8emxo1_540.jpg
84 KB, 540x438
feed raw or get another pet
>>
File: tumblr_nso57mfDuP1uwypb4o1_1280.jpg (420 KB, 914x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nso57mfDuP1uwypb4o1_1280.jpg
420 KB, 914x1280
>>1996976
>tfw most ferrets in U.S. will literally rather starve to death than eat anything but kibble

>>1996264
It's my dream to get at least 1 pure white black nose ferret... I also really love silver ferrets with black nose. Blazes are cute too, look like they have eye shadow
>>
File: DSCN3727.jpg (1 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3727.jpg
1 MB, 1728x2304
>>1996981
they may be stubborn but at least it's better than poisoning them with things they literally cannot digest (ie kibble)
>>
File: 1432139055788.jpg (205 KB, 452x554) Image search: [Google]
1432139055788.jpg
205 KB, 452x554
>>1996988
>poison

You're either ignorant as dicks or trolling me. Better the ferrets starve to death than live a good long life on food proven to be just fine for them, yes?

But if you're from out of U.S. you may not know there are existing really good cat kibbles ferrets thrive on.
>>
File: IMG_20151111_123341_850.jpg (166 KB, 720x957) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_123341_850.jpg
166 KB, 720x957
>>1997015
us born and raised. the only thing stopping ferrets from eating raw is uncommitted owners.
>>
>>1997070
>tfw in the US
>tfw used to have 2 ferrets
>tfw had them both lose half their bodyweight in the month I tried raw, never touching the food
>tfw they wouldn't even eat live mice, they would just pick up the mice and bring them to me or try to put them inside the couch with their toys

ok
>>
File: IMG_20151112_114431.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_114431.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>1997153
enjoy your smelly ferrets friend
>>
>>1997158
One ate his bedding instead of the raw food and died. The other one I gave to a family with 5 other ferrets so he wouldn't be alone.

I think I would have rather had smelly, living ferrets than a dead one and one I had to give up. Gr8 advice, m8.
>>
>>1997163
My ferrets don't smell, they only eat kibble, they're fuckin with you
>>
File: IMG_20151111_123430_177.jpg (70 KB, 720x519) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_123430_177.jpg
70 KB, 720x519
>>1997163
wow your husbandry sucks. maybe get pets you can actually care for
>>
>>1997165
tfw you'll never know grapetail
>>
>>1997170
The only husbandry mistake I made was listening to people who told me to "tough it out". Should have just kept them on kibble since they were doing fine with it.
>>
>>1997165
I wouldn't actually care if they did smell, I have anosmia.
>>
I think that feeding them a balanced, raw diet is the best. However, I feel that ferrets can still live a decent life on kibble. It may not be the best possible diet for them, but they can still live happily. Of course nobody will provide the "best possible life" for their pet, even if they try their hardest or are rich or whatever- it's difficult. I think as long as the pet is happy and healthy it's fine.
>>
>>1997251
This.

Raw is ideal, but not always possible or practical for one reason or another. There are plenty of kibbles that are sufficient for a ferret's diet and will keep them happy and healthy.

Basically rawanon, no one is arguing that raw isn't best. But please keep your militant shitslinging to yourself and just let people have their happy ferrets who are well-taken care of and just so happen to not be fed raw.
>>
All I want to do is swim and catch fish with my mouth, then eat them. Is there anyone else like me here?
>>
>>1997375
>>1997251
Yea unfortunately some ferrets don't eat ANYTHING raw, and only kibble. I try raw every few months but they're like NOPE. Even try to put a bit in their cheek so they taste it. Tried different chicken/turkey parts, tried blending into soup, they do not want.
>>
>>1997622
Just keep trying every few months. Maybe give them an egg? But a little fish oil in the soup? Serve it in their regular food bowl? Some people say add some kibble to the raw, but i also heard esting kibble and raw within a few hours can cause stomachaches.
>>
File: DSCN39232.jpg (1 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCN39232.jpg
1 MB, 1728x2304
>>1997375
>militant

lol
>>
File: IMGP7789.jpg (927 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMGP7789.jpg
927 KB, 2048x1536
>>1996765
Hey, not bad! Yeah if he's not in his rutting period he will be nice, it could get though when he'll be in it, but I suppose you know this. :) Best luck with Lily!

And I personnaly hate this kind of shit talking in a great place like this. I'm also in a talking group that is very extreme on raw. Like Russian guy said, sometimes they'll NEVER like raw. I will not starve to death my ferret and force him to have a raw diet because "it's so much better meh". Yeah, I'm sure he will be much better when he'll be dead. Do you know how fast a ferret can lose weight?

Well on a more happy note, Raoul is definitely turning darker and gaining some good weight. I'm happy he's finally having a good sloughing period. Gotta watch Isidore, he doesn't seems to get much fatter.
>>
File: DSCN3922.jpg (2 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3922.jpg
2 MB, 1728x2304
>>1997826
desu i dont get where you guys are getting "feed raw or starve them to death." if your ferret doesnt pick up on it right away just keep trying, but dont fucking take away his kibble and let him starve. it can take years to transition a ferret to full raw but it doesnt mean you should stop trying.
>>
>>1997836
Yeah little misunderstanding, some guys on this thread really seems to want the ferret to do the transition no matter what, implying taking him away his kibble. I saw people do that, it's crazy but true. I'm not against a slow, nice transition. I give them raw from time to time, Isidore eat it sometimes, Raoul never does. But yes, I keep trying, but I don't consider myself a bad master because my ferrets don't eat meat on a daily basis.
>>
>>1997836
And I'd say, even if the transition is complete, always leave him/them some kibble. What if the meat has turned and the ferret doesn't want to eat it anymore? What if you have 5 ferrets and some of them eat all the meat before the others? Kibble must always stay in the cage, just in case.
>>
File: DSCN3927.jpg (2 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3927.jpg
2 MB, 1728x2304
>>1997840
naw, mixing kibble and raw will make them sick, they arent "grazing" animals. ferrets should be fed (while on raw) 2x daily, and a raw feeder will know how long to leave certain dishes out and when to toss them. plus a ferret won't eat turned meat.
>>
>>1997847
Well I disagree but it's not my intention to argue here, I've been taught in the association where my ferrets came from that they eat little bit of food x a day. I can say that I actually saw them eat X time a day, but I admit that they eat much more after playing in the house for hours. Yes I'm quite aware that a raw feeder is very cautious, but sometimes you can have bad surprise with baby chicken or even the meat you prepared yourself : doesn't mean you weren't cautious enough, the chicken could have been sick before its death, or the corporation where you buy your chicken can be not sanitary safe. In France there is "La ferme aux Coléos" that sell chicken and multiple ferrets had problem eating their chicken, it's really crappy and not safe.

Yeah when I talked about turned meat it was precisely the kibble I had in mind, not that he would eat the meat. :) I trust you on the "the ferret can sense when the meat has turned" part, but I still don't believe he could sense a sick chicken ;) When I talkied about turned meat, I meant that if the meat has turned, they don't have anything else to eat... If you don't leave them kibble, that is. If you're always home it's fine, you'll see quick enough that he will not eat, but if you feed him before going to work, he will stay without food for quite a long time.

Like I said earlier I'm not here to pick up a fight, especially with my crappy english AND at two in the morning. I hope we can discuss without insulting each other (view). By curiousity do you have a document or site that state that eating kibble and raw will make them sick? I never heard that so I'm quite curious. Not an attack on you, again.
>>
>>1997727
I try all of this. They get salmon oil in their food too, it's expensive but nice stuff for furs. I've given them mice, they go insane over them except Pip. The boys will year a mouse to pieces but don't seem to understand what to do after that.

>>1997826
Good on Raoul. My old girl Pip is around 4 years and right now she's gotten more fat and fluffy than I've ever seen her. I changed their kibble mix and it seems to help a lot with keeping the poop and overall health nice .
>>
>>1997873
haven't seen research done on it, it's just an understanding that few ferrets can do good on the combo. the bacteria mixes bad in their stomach and gives them explosive shits.

im definitely in a mindset that one should never stop trying to improve their pets life, but i can see how people could disagree. just kinda funny how everyone took it lmao
>>
>>1997879
Oh yeah salmon oil, it makes mine insane! I only give them a little push as a treat from time to time, god they love this. For fur you can also give them brewer's yeast in tablet, it's cheap and works quite well.
For the mice, I heard some people put kibble inside the mice to make them understand "dis is food". Don't know if it can help you.

Pip is not so old! It's great that she's more beautiful than ever. :) Haha it's only on this board that you can have discussion about poop like it's totally normal. Great for them!
>>
>>1997888
I'll definitely watch their poop (again, the poop) next time I give them some raw with kibble :) I swear that I'll watch for it, and give you a full report. So it's based on your observations and some of friends/other ferrets lover?

Believe me or not, but I'm too. I never loved an animal like that, always wondering what I could do for them. And I don't know if you're the same person that posted brief post with absolute mindset but I can get people getting angry seeing that if they feed kibble their ferret will smell bad/die young/looks like shit.
>>
File: DSCN3921.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3921.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
>>1997896
check out holistic ferret forum, its been around for years and has the best info for everything ferrets and raw feeding.
yeah im rawanon lmao. I also keep exotic salamanders that are VERY misrepresented and often treated terribly for just. ignorance sake. so im always adamant about husbandry.

the ferret ive been posting with my posts is mine, 3yo gibb
>>
File: ferrets_with_glasses.jpg (16 KB, 252x269) Image search: [Google]
ferrets_with_glasses.jpg
16 KB, 252x269
>>1997888
Saying the kibble is poison is silly, that's all. will always try raw but good cat food is really ok. My ferrets get the best I can give

>>1997891
I will try the brewer's yeast tablet. I make them smoothies/soup sometimes with some vitamins
>>
>>1997888
People took it poorly because of your extreme way of putting it, calling kibble "poison" and saying "feed raw or get another pet" like there is no middle ground. Everyone knows raw is best. It's just not always practical to feed raw all the time, and some ferrets never take to it no matter how many times you try. It's of course good to always try to improve things, but you won't always get success.
>>
>>1997903
>exotic salamanders
What kinds? How are they misrepresented/treated poorly?
>>
This thread should be named fish general since these are all unfeeling fish
>>
Can someone post that series of pictures of a ferret dragging itself out of bed? I need it illustrate how I feel about Mondays.
>>
>>1998253
i literally do not care sry
>>1998268
axolotls, people dont do research on them and keep them in fishbowls/with other animals/in general poor condition
>>
>>1998445
If you don't care, why did you imply curiosity as to why people acted that way? You don't have to be so standoffish, man. You'll convince more people by being nice.
>>
File: tumblr_nxkahonzbc1sh8emxo1_540.jpg (111 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxkahonzbc1sh8emxo1_540.jpg
111 KB, 540x405
>>1998494
ty for telling me how to treat ppl on 4chan. :)
>>
>>1998562
dat card carrier
>>
File: DSCN3945.jpg (1022 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3945.jpg
1022 KB, 2304x1728
>>1998593
the whole drawer is full of mlp shit, 4yo niece got my g2/g3/g4 collection of 10+ yrs. what you can see here aint even 1/4 of it all
>>
File: DSCN3960.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3960.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
>>
Is there a way to make eggshell powder without crushing them manually? It takes really long and it's a lot of work, but my ferrets don't eat bone so they need their calcium somehow.
>>
>>1999740
coffee grinder/food processor will work gr8
>>
>>1999740
Why don't you just buy reptile calcium? It's the same thing and you don't have to grind eggshells. Just get the kind without D3 and you're golden.
>>
>>1999833
this, $10 coffee grinder and you're good

or you could buy bone meal?
>>
>>1999845
>>1999853
Thanks anons. There's a GNC by my house; I was going to look for fish oil since Ferretone has potentially harmful chemical additives. Maybe I'll look for bone meal too. If they don't have that, picking up reptile calcium is a good idea. I just liked eggshells because it's cheap. I'll have to dig up my old coffee grinder.
>>
File: le maymay man.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
le maymay man.png
11 KB, 470x454
If I got a big enough horde of ferrets could I train them to steal?
>>
So today I found out my ferret almost certainly has insuloma. Black dirrarhea she was sleeping in, violent muscle tremors, no hair on body, small tumors, and cant eat or drink. Im considering just popping the spine right under her skull to get it over with, she can't be having a good time right now.
>>
>>2000401
She died.
>>
>>1997158
This must be a troll, your ferret looks malnourished as hell. Stop torturing the damn thing.
>>
>>2000454
3lbs eating 3-5 whole prey a day, son
>>
>>2000466
3-5oz
>>
>>2000421
I'm sorry anon. At least she had a good life.
>>
File: 20151112_160701.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
20151112_160701.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1125
>>
File: 20151114_115534.jpg (1 MB, 1448x1122) Image search: [Google]
20151114_115534.jpg
1 MB, 1448x1122
>>
File: DSCN3977.jpg (851 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3977.jpg
851 KB, 2304x1728
>>
File: 1111150826~2.jpg (190 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1111150826~2.jpg
190 KB, 960x960
Koivu has distemper. Make that four ferrets I've lost this year. He's the one in the middle with Squee and Pip. I am fucking cursed.
>>
>>2000421
Didn't see this, I'm sorry. Shit.
>>
>>1988092
whaaat

All of my animals have always known their names, including ferrets. My first ferret, girl, picked up her name within a few days as a baby. She's always been one of my more intelligent pets though.
>>
File: 2014-06-16 20.43.50.jpg (673 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-16 20.43.50.jpg
673 KB, 2048x1536
to all you anons recently losing your ferrets or pets-

I'm sorry ): you gave them the very best life you could, please don't blame yourself for any of life's shitty circumstances. RIP to your furry friend.
>>
File: DSCN3992.jpg (891 KB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3992.jpg
891 KB, 1728x2304
>>
>>2001325
Damn man, I'm sorry.

Is there any treatment he could get so he could pull through?

Best wishes, man. You've had some really bad luck and I hope it starts looking up for you and your ferrets.
>>
Since winter is coming, do any of you take your ferrets out to play in the snow? I usually bring a bucket inside and set down a plastic mat.
>>
>>2001513
I've taken mine out to play in the snow, but we don't get a lot of snow here so it's a rare chance for them to get to do it occasionally. I've found two of mine seemed to like it, and one of them was none too pleased with it being so cold outside (so perhaps she might enjoy your idea better? bringing a bucket of snow in)
>>
File: wolverines.jpg (218 KB, 860x624) Image search: [Google]
wolverines.jpg
218 KB, 860x624
Post some wolverines
>>
File: wolverine-mustelid2.jpg (402 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
wolverine-mustelid2.jpg
402 KB, 2000x1000
I live in a country where it is prohibitely expensive to get a ferret, not to mention difficult to find a place that actually sells them (in my state, the biggest and richest in the country, there is only ONE place that sells them, and of course it's an "exotic animals" shop). It's a shame, because it's always been one of my dreams. Love mustelids in general.

Postan some wolverines.
>>
Is it not ok to keep pictures of other people's pets?
Because let me tell you, I do it all the time.

If anyone here has pet wolverines, be sure to post them.
>>
>>2001748
Where do you live anon? Just curious. My friend lives in California and he's super bummed he can't have ferrets.
>>2001749
I don't think you'll have luck with anybody having pet wolverines. They're pretty dangerous animals. I share pics of people's pets, but rarely keep them. I think if it's posted on a public place it's fine.
>>
File: wolverine-crouching.jpg (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
wolverine-crouching.jpg
2 MB, 1600x900
>>2001754
Brazil.
And yeah, I don't expect anyone to have pet wolverines, but it'd be amazing if someone did.
>>
File: DSC_2440.jpg (4 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2440.jpg
4 MB, 2448x3264
Pic: comfy Hugo getting neck rubs.

>>2001749
I don't mind if people save pictures of my pets. I figure if I post them on 4chan, it's fair game for people to save/repost them if they want to. I think other people probably feel the same about this. I don't think people would post pictures here that they explicitly don't want saved.

Also: Wolverines are super cute. I've not heard of anyone having a wolverine for a pet, though. I think they'd be pretty difficult to keep.
>>
File: Gulo_gulo_03.jpg (1 MB, 1777x2666) Image search: [Google]
Gulo_gulo_03.jpg
1 MB, 1777x2666
>>2001762
Not even the Pope himself would stop me from saving cute ferret pictures.
>>
>>2001762
Awww, he looks super happy anon.
>>2001769
Wolverines are probably my second favorite mustelid, after weasels and their relatives. Wolverines are fucking beasts, but not a lot of people around here acknowledge them.
>>
>>2001762
Aaaaw he's so cute, I love the little marks on his eyes.
And I never saw these fluffy violent things before coming here. They can be cute but they seems very dangerous. I think I'll stick with my little catsnakes, if you don't mind.
>>
File: tumblr_li8wq9Kmay1qe099co1_500.gif (488 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_li8wq9Kmay1qe099co1_500.gif
488 KB, 500x279
Christ.

Talked to this guy a couple months ago about buying a ferret from him, but I declined because he wanted $100 for her.

He just texted me asking if I'll take in his other ferret, because the ferret I was going to buy got killed by fleas. I asked him why he didn't give her up if he couldn't take care of her. He just said that's what he's trying to do with this other ferret.
>>
>>2002513
That's crazy stupid. Can you contact animal control or the police with a concern? That's not okay.
>>
File: hamsters.jpg (108 KB, 794x720) Image search: [Google]
hamsters.jpg
108 KB, 794x720
So out of curiosity, what do you guys think of this youtuber who makes simi-cringe ferret videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMfclLLB7x4
>>
>>2002513
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like this guy realizes he fugged up and doesn't want the same thing to happen to his surviving ferret.
>>
>>2003134
Super cringe. Super cancer. I was happy that I hadn't found many videos like this. All the cringey ferret videos were 12 year olds or owners that just don't know what they're doing. This is straight up cringey autism.
>>
>>2003153
Is this a joke? Do you even read what you type?
>super cringe
>super cancer
>cringey ferret videos
>cringey autism
>>
>>2003134
Just watched that one you posted.

I've heard ferrets make that noise, though? When hurt or startled/scared.
>>
Can anyone tell me if there is any correlation between cat allergies and ferret allergies? Most stuff online suggest trial and error but that seems kinda stupid
>>
>>2003458
I'm not sure. My sister is allergic to cats (not lethally, but it does hinder her) and she can handle the ferrets without a problem.
>>
>>2003458
Some people says there is, some says there isn't. Personnaly I'm allergic to a bunch of shit, including ferrets. If you're allergic you'll know very quickly, go to someone's house where there are ferrets, two or three visits tops and you'll know. Oh, you'll know.
But it's manageable with a good treatment. I'm fine with my meds, don't even sense it on good days. Well there are bad days too tough.
>>
Are ferrets good apartment pets?
>>
Are ferrets good apartment pets? How hard is it to have one in an apartment?
>>
File: 1419730198946.png (478 KB, 523x492) Image search: [Google]
1419730198946.png
478 KB, 523x492
Might be adopting a ferret soon, I've done tons of research, but I wanted more information.

>What's the best brand of food?
I know they're obligate carnivores, I've been looking at Zupreem grain free, is that good stuff?
>What are the best toys?
I'm intending to get a ball play pen and some tubes, some balls with bells and a dancer on a stick, are there any other toys that might capture their interest that perhaps aren't sold as 'ferret toys'?
>Cleaning?
I intend to clean the litterbox every day and give the critter a bath once a month, is that enough? I don't mind the musky ferret smell, but I want my pets to be healthy and clean. I know bathing too often stips the fur of natural oils, so I won't overdo that, but do ferrets need to be brushed? Do they need to have their teeth cleaned often?
>Veterinary care
The ferret I'm hoping to adopt is supposedly a petshop ferret, still young, and may or may not have had its shots already. I don't even know gender yet. When I get it should I take it to a vet immediately for check-up? How often do the little critters need vet visits? What are some common ailments for ferrets that I should keep an eye out for and how can I best prevent them?
>Training tips?
I've never had a ferret before, what sort of things will I have to teach it? I've seen videos on how to teach it not to bite and how to litterbox train it, and some videos on teaching tricks. I'm still nervous, as this will be my first animal that I've raised on my own. What are some common mistakes people make when training ferrets? How can I raise this little critter right? Please help.
>>
File: mr-robot-elliot4.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot-elliot4.jpg
202 KB, 1920x1080
>>2002513
Koivu didn't have distemper. But he did pass away tonight, just about 30 minutes after I left the vet. He was staying there overnight.

He had a liver infection. I treated it for 3 days. He was doing okay, a little better.
Then he suddenly got worse.

Mouth was full of saliva dripping and foaming, couldn't swallow any liquids, literally wouldn't move at all unless it was to move his head weakly up to look at me or breathe through his mouth. Constant stuffy breathing and wheezing.

Vet said he thinks one of the liquid meds I gave him got caught in his throat and gathered a lot of bacteria, but suspects the liver infection also got worse. But he thinks there's something else that went wrong, so I have him permission to do an autopsy.

He was inexplicably miserable. I'm not surprised he passed, but I am so fucking sad. I don't even want ferrets anymore. Mine keep dying from bizarre, painful shit. I love them and it's hard.
>>
>>2004133
The best food is raw, so if you have time/money to do a balanced, mixed diet i suggest doing so. Otherwise I'd say look on the holistic ferret forum. They have a food chart. I compared that with one from a local shelter to figure out what my ferrets get on kibble days. Best idea is to mix two kibbles in case the company changes the formula or goes out of business.

Paper and plastic bags. Water bottles, pill buttles with something hard in them. My ferrets go crazy over anything crinkly. Alternatively, just throw a blanket on them and mine start chasing each other around the room. Maybe a couple cloth toys. I have an oversized hamster igloo one of my boys likes to push around the room and then ultimately sleep in once he gets tired.

As far as I know once a month is too much. I give my ferrets a bath maybe 2 or 3 times a year. You don't have to brush the ferrets year-round, but if you notice they start to shed (the beginning of summer/winter usually) a brush never hurts. I've heard several different things about cleaning their teeth. I normally hear anywhere between once a week to once a month,

Yes, take it to the vet for a check up. Make sure you ask if he got his shots (rabies and distemper at least). I take the ferrets once a year (for shots and a check-up at the same time). As long as there's no emergencies and they aren't sick, that should be fine. Ferrets usually get insulinoma or adrenal disease. Make sure they eat and poop normally, and that they aren't balding.

Do not be rough with your ferret. They're tough for their size but do not hit it like some people give their dogs a small slap. Ferrets seem to learn better from positive reinforcement than punishment. The most common punishment is scruffing or a time-out, but I've heard of bitter apple and even spraying it with water (I don't know if that last one is a good idea: ferrets may get cold when they're wet like that.) Good luck!
>>
>>2004191
I'm sorry anon. I hope the vet finds something that could save other ferrets down the road. There really seems to be a lack of knowledge about much that's not adrenal disease, insulinoma, or some kind of cancer when it comes to ferrets.
>>
>>2004133 Don't know where you're from, Ferret Complete from Versele-Laga are very good. Basically if you choose kibble : no grain, no vegetables.

What you cited is good, but like the other anon said, they'd go crazy for anything. Mine don't give shit about their toys, they love playing with the cardboard box and plastic bags.

Don't wash them unless they're dirty (visit in the bin, roll on poo,...) it would do worse, trust me. If you really are dead set about washing him, use a VERY soft, non agressive shampoo, and do it as rarely as possible. They don't need to be brushed, you can clean his teeth wouldn't hurt, but I can't say I know how often you should do it. You'll have to cut his nails and wash his ears too.

Depends of the quality of the petshop. They need to go at least twice a year for the shots. Be aware that when a ferret is sick, it can get very expensive very quickly. These little guys are fragile.

My god the last question, I could write 20 lines... Personnaly I recommand a kind training, with rewards and positive training. When he bites, pick him up, say "NO" loudly, don't let him move for 10 seconds. Then put him back. Don't shake him, give him garlic or other shit. That's just my way and view but that shit is nasty for them, definitely. Be well documented and love him, and everything will be fine!
-
>>
>>2000538
Terrible.
>>
>>2004133
Others have already given some good advice. I just wanted to say that for baths, I don't bathe mine unless they get into something gross. You can let them play in plain water as frequently as you like, though. Just don't use shampoo too often.

As for teeth cleaning, I do ferret grooming every other week: I clip their nails, clean their ears, and clean their teeth. I brush them as needed (during shedding seasons--beginning of the warm and cold seasons.)

>>2004191
So sorry, man. I hope they find out what happened in order to maybe be able to do something about it in the future if any other ferret happens to have the same problem.
>>
>>
Is it possible to get a ferret that doesn't smell of piss?
>>
>>2006509
Not (yet) a ferret owner here, from what I've read, males are smellier than females. Additionally a sterilized ferret is a less smelly ferret.
So if you want a good smelling ferret, get a sterilized female.
Another thing is that they'll smell more if you bathe them too much, they secrete oil I believe, to keep their fur and skin healthy. I've heard one or two baths a month is ideal.
Of course, basic cleaning and stuff also helps.
Hope any actual ferret owners can correct me if I said anything dumb.
>>
>>2006509
Ferrets don't (or shouldn't, if kept properly) smell like piss.

And the ferret "musk" smell can be kept to a minimum. Males have a stronger smell than females. Spayed/neutered ferrets have less of a smell. So a spayed female will have the mildest musky smell.

And >>2006784 is also right about not bathing them to often. Over-bathing them will cause their skin to overcompensate and secrete more oil than normal. That said, two baths per month is WAY too much. Strictly speaking, ferrets don't really NEED baths unless they get into something nasty (baths might make them have less musk smell for a day or two, but that's it, and if done too often it will harm their skin and coat and make them smell more.) You can bathe them if you'd like, but AT MOST once a month. Letting them swim/play in plain water as often as you'd like is fine, just no shampoo.

The biggest things you can do to keep the ferret smell down:

Feed a quality diet--ferrets who are fed shitty, low-quality kibble are stinkier
Scoop litter boxes frequently--any smell of piss or shit comes from that; the animal itself should not smell of piss unless you don't keep up cleaning their litter/living spaces often enough
Wash their beds, hammocks, etc. once a week. MOST of the strong ferret musk smell comes from their bedding where they lay and the oils accumulate there, so washing them frequently helps a lot. I have several sets of blankets and hammocks and beds so that I can rotate them out to wash them (they also love the variety.)

If you're doing everything above and you still find the smell to be too much, there are baking soda-based sprays that you can apply to the ferrets' bedding in between washes. You can also spray these on the ferrets themselves, rub it into their fur a little. Obviously they don't need to be doused with it, just a little spritz every so often.
>>
>>2004191
Oh jeez...I'm so sorry RFG. Maybe you should take a break from them for a bit...and maybe in a year or two find a good breeder that has very healthy ferrets. God that fucking sucks...
>>
File: CAM00424.jpg (3 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
CAM00424.jpg
3 MB, 4208x3120
>>
File: otto.jpg (19 KB, 236x371) Image search: [Google]
otto.jpg
19 KB, 236x371
sometimes i feel like i can relate to water otters better than hoominz
>>
>>2004191
>Mouth was full of saliva dripping and foaming, couldn't swallow any liquids, literally wouldn't move at all unless it was to move his head weakly up to look at me or breathe through his mouth.
yeah, that's rabies.
>>
>>2008769
They tested after he passed. Not rabies.
>>
My little ferret bro just died today. I'm on my way home to burry him. I remember I used to come here time to time to share knowledge and funny stories about those little fuckers so here I am.

Sorry to bother you with this. May your pet be fine.
>>
File: sketch-1448991374235.jpg (100 KB, 1027x720) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1448991374235.jpg
100 KB, 1027x720
>>2009100
RIP
>>
>>2009100
>>2009103
Aw man I'm sorry anon. Was he just old or did he get sick? :[
>>
I've been breeding them for 4 years.

I know european polecats and minks can interbreed, but can ferrets and minks do the same? I have an opportunity to get a mink and I want to know how useful he'll be.

Pic is of my 3 current babies.
They're 24 weeks old now.

Gonna dump some.
>>
File: 1446408621264.jpg (185 KB, 1440x2292) Image search: [Google]
1446408621264.jpg
185 KB, 1440x2292
Big floofy winter fur!

Here's my waardenburg hob, Daxter.
He's my first, and only lap ferret.
>>
File: 20151129_145628.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20151129_145628.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>2009149
Didn't post the pic. Fuck. Here it is.
>>
File: 1442115337346.jpg (82 KB, 2292x1440) Image search: [Google]
1442115337346.jpg
82 KB, 2292x1440
Coco,
Ferret mama who's a huge sweetheart despite being the biggest handful.
She's the one who steals my things and escapes things the other ferrets can't figure out.
>>
>>2002513
So what's the going rate for a furry friend? $50? $25?
>>
>>2002688
Yes, let's call the police on every person who loses a pet to pests.
>>
>>2009152

When will they evolve into river otters?
>>
>>2009335
Only if you use a water stone on them.
>>
>>2009165
That vary a lot, depending on the country and condition of adoption.
In my country (somewhere in Euroland) ferrets from association come sterilized, vaccinated and stuff for 180€-250€. Then there are the breeders. You can find in a meh/not very good breeding baby ferrets for 50€, but if you look at very good breeders and/or angora/true black/chocolate ferrets it can go up to 200€. The ferret is not sterilized nor vaccinated.
There is also the pet store, they tend to disappear there but when there are, they're usually up for 100€. They come with only the obligated vaccine.

And finally there is the fantastic world of personal ad with poor ferrets that come for 20€ or even free. So you see it really vary a lot. I know that in Canada it's not easy to find one and they cost a shit load of money, for exemple.
I personnaly got my two furfriends at an association for 330€ for the two of them. It's not cheap, but I had all the time to get to know them, choose MY ferret, learn how to take care of them. They're in perfect health with a vaccine notebook, and I get to save two little buddies. So I'm glad that I chose to get them here. The staff is very nice too, and we stay in contact.
>>
So I got a ferret yesterday, named her Freyja. I made her a bunch of toys, like a dryer tube, a pill bottle with marbles in it, some stuffed animals, but she's more interested in climbing furniture (and people) than playing. She also seems to want to explore a lot. Is it normal fo ferrets to ignore toys? I know she's probably curious about her new environment, but she gnawed on a plush for like, 5 minutes and grew bored.
>>
>>2010052
Soon she'll start making a stash.
Every ferret has a stash.
Whatever is in it, give them similar shit to play with and they'll be happy.
Whether it be dime bags, golfclubs, remotes, keys, tampons, etcetera...
I have some who love to climb and explore, so I train them to climb around on me and sit on my shoulder, and to grab stuff from under the couch that go missing. Socks and coins and stuff like that.
Downside is, they climb up my pantleg sometimes, up through my shirt scratching the whole way and then try to steal piercings and jewelry.
>>
>>1985958
Dominance probably.
They're going to establish a pecking order, and it looks like the little one is going to be it.
I breed them and have noticed a trend though -- the dominent ferrets all tend to be the smallest female in the household or the litter.

Keep them seperated if need be.
They'll get over it eventually, but the loser will still get roughened up now and then.
Scruff the aggressor when needed, and make sure she isn't deaf, deaf ferrets are easily startled and usually cannot tell if another ferret hisses or screams. They can be aggressive just because they're always being shocked by everything "sneaking up on them".
>>
File: 20151129_150738.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20151129_150738.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>1997903
Aw she's cute, she reminds my two 3 month old jills.
>>
>>1997904
What kind or brand of kibble do you use?
I need to start giving my jills more protein. I think they're lacking, and it makes the breeding season much better on high enough protein diets.
>>
>>2000355
Yes.
>>
>>2010172
Ah shit, I mean 'he'
>>
>>2009149
I've researched this. Guaranteed it's possible but they won't be sterile or fertile.

>>2009165
In the U.S. they're at least $150 at a pet store for a Marshalls ferret. To get one from a breeder is probably cheaper since the babies don't usually get fixed and descented like Marshalls.

>>2010174
I mix Orijen cat and kitten with natures variety raw boost duck and turkey.
>>
File: 1414499296798.gif (3 MB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
1414499296798.gif
3 MB, 320x220
I've been feeding my new kit a high quality cat kibble mixed with warm water, but twice now she has heaved after eating and even actually threw up once. Is the kibble too large? Should I stop moistening it?

Also, she's a marshall ferret. Please reassure me that she'll have a good, long, quality life and won't die a horrible early death because she was descented and spayed early. I want so badly to treat this critter right, but I've heard a lot of bad things about Marshall.
>>
>>2010716
Don't soak the kibble in water. And get kibble that's in small pellet shapes, like orijen or nulo. Can't guarantee the health on your ferret. I'm particularly biased against Marshalls.
>>
>>2010716
Marshalls a shit but almost all pet store ferrets are Marshall in the U.S., which leads to some shelter ferrets being Marshall etc. They are worse off than a well-bred ferret but that doesn't mean she can't live a normal-length (maybe even longer) happy life.
Stop moistening it and see if that helps. If not I'd try a new food.
>>
>>2010717
>>2010724

I'll stop moistening the kibble, I'd heard it helped keep them hydrated, and that ferrets often don't get enough water just drinking from a dish. I ordered a food better suited for ferrets, the cat food was just temporary until UPS stops jerking me around with 7-10 business day bullshit.

Another question, my friend has a 3 year old hob, is it okay if he plays with my 2 month old jill? The hob is twice as big as my little girl and I'm afraid he'll accidentally hurt her. I know they play roughly, but the size and age difference worries me.
>>
>>2010831
Supervise their play obviously, but they should do just fine.

I have a hob who is twice the size of my jills (even bigger compared to one of them when I got her because she was about ~8 weeks old and tiny) and they play just fine. When somebody gets too rough, they let the other ferret know it's too much.

So I wouldn't be too worried. If you're watching them and it seems like he might be playing too rough and your little jill seems distressed, just separate them for a bit.

Also, just an interesting tidbit. It's generally the tiny jills that are the fiercest. They can certainly hold their own!
>>
>>2010831
>>2010840
ferrets are called hobs and jills? pffffffft.
>>
File: 1338528212011.jpg (46 KB, 598x413) Image search: [Google]
1338528212011.jpg
46 KB, 598x413
>>2010851

A group of ferrets is called a business.
>>
>>2010840
I've noticed this too. I have two hobs, one of which has gotten pretty huge, not the biggest I've seen, but up there. He's pretty rowdy too, to match, but when I bring him to play with other ferrets there's this jill half his size that's pretty relentless on chasing him around. It's funny to watch.
>>
File: 12.jpg (71 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
71 KB, 528x960
>>
>>2010851
If you find that amusing, a spayed female is a sprite, a neutered male is a gib, and a vasectomised male is known as a hoblet.
>>
>>2011435
I'm assuming the people posting in this thread are using the wrong terminology and aren't actually letting their unaltered ferrets romp together. Who came up with these names? Brits?
>>
>>2010831
Good cat food is fine. And ferrets drink plenty of water on their own. I think the kibble soak is just for cats.
>>
>>2011437
Most people have fixed ferrets, yeah. I don't think people are letting intact ferrets play together (unless breeding is the intent.) I don't think the terminology is being used incorrectly, though.

I think that "jill" refers to a female ferret, but "sprite" refers specifically to a spayed female ferret. Likewise with the terms "hob" and "gib." Basically I think it's like...all sprites are jills, but not all jills are sprites.

>>2011446
Soaking the kibble can be useful for very young ferrets who are just being weaned, but beyond that, they don't need it.
>>
>>2011481
That's how I've used the terms used, so I assumed that's what people meant.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.