[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you stop your cat from remaining in a perpetual state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
how do you stop your cat from remaining in a perpetual state of kittenhood?

many domestic cats never develop properly because their natural behaviors are suppressed, they don't have normal family units and people mother them their whole lives

how do I stop this from happening
>>
>>2005006

>perpetual state of kittenhood

this theory has more or less been completely tossed out. so, to answer your question, in order to allow your kitten to grow out of kittenhood you must provide her with enough sustenance so her physical processes can progress as well as protection from stimuli that could permanently damage the kitten. your kitten will do the rest
>>
>>2005006
Are you literally fucking retarded? The entire REASON your cat is worth having as a pet is BECAUSE you have normalized it to eternal kittenhood. Cats aren't social in the wild. They're solitary outside of mating or rearing of young.

>>2005019
>this theory has more or less been completely tossed out
K whoever you think tossed it out is a fucking retard then, because it's completely accurate. Adult cats don't socialize and meow for food and other needs.
>>
>>2005035
well I want a more solitary, less dependent pet
>>
>>2005051
Get a pet rock or befriend a wild animal then. The whole idea behind pets is

1:something we can care for and companionship

or

2:something to perform a job, but that also needs our care

If you don't want to feed something and take care of it then just don't get a pet. Or get a pet that only needs to be fed and doesn't need your affection, like a snake or insect.
>>
Get a fucking job, mittens
>>
>>2005057
we have different ideas about what a pet is

It has little relevance to HOW one makes a pet less dependent

I do befriend wild animals also
>>
>>2005051
this is entirely up to the individual cat. adopt an adult if you want to know what you're going to get
>>
>>2005035

cats are "perpetual kittens" in the same way that, in a sense, we are all children amongst our own parents. but calling an adult cat a kitten because it has developed a set of behaviors adapted to its station as a housecat is pants on head retarded.

by the way, there are no felis catus in the "wild" anymore -- the breed is considered domesticated. you could try to say that FERAL housecats are solitary outside of mating or rearing young, in which case i could point you to any of thousands of videos of feral cat "colonies" where females of completely different bloodlines band together to take care of one another's young. seems pretty fucking social to me. the bottom line is that it's hard (and foolish) to try to make any assumptions about what a "wild" felis catus would do because they just don't exist.

when you say hurr perpetual kitten and cite "cats" behaving one way or another in the wild, it's really a nonsensical statement because there are a bunch of different "cats" and they have a pretty wide degree of variance from lion to jaguar to housecat. most are mostly/purely asocial, but some (including lions and, yes, housecats) are undoubtedly social animals -- or at least as a species have the capacity. do i need to keep going on or do you understand why what you said was dumb?
>>
>>2005063
You're just arguing for the sake of arguing and it's boring.
>>
>>2005065

you can keep believing wrong shit if you want to. trust me, i'm used to it by now
>>
>>2005065

if you'd rather just sit there calling people retards and telling them they're wrong without being challenged, who am i to say otherwise? looks like your preferred internet experience would be you always being automatically correct (because being wrong is boring) and everyone else immediately acquiescing
>>
>>2005006
Better question;
Why would I want to stop my cat from remaining in a perpetual state of kittenhood?
>>
>>2005063
5 star post
>>
File: 820.jpg (25 KB, 550x336) Image search: [Google]
820.jpg
25 KB, 550x336
>>2005063
interdasting
>>
>>2005063
>by the way, there are no felis catus in the "wild" anymore -- the breed is considered domesticated
only because we use different taxonomic names for domesticated animals.

there are wildcats that are genetically the same species as domestic cats, but they get a different species name because of an old Linnaean tradition.

Likewise the instant you take a wolf puppy from the wild and raise it as a pet it ceases to be a wolf and becomes a dog from a taxonomic standpoint.

Dogs and wolves are the same species, but domesticated animals traditionally get special names. The cat is no different.
>>
>>2005063
>>2005110
also according to this rule there were NEVER Felis catus in the wild. The species came into existence when we domesticated it.

just like there were never dogs in the wild. We created the species. Same with cows, pigs, sheep, chickens....
>>
>>2005110
>Dogs and wolves are the same species
dogs aren't actually that closely related to modern gray wolves and instead share a common ancestor with them.

their taxonomic name hasn't been updated yet.
>>
>>2005110
>there are wildcats that are genetically the same species as domestic cats
have you ever considered that it's probably because domestic cats are a SUBSPECIES of wildcat.

actual wildcats are going extinct due to inbreeding with domestic cats.
>>
see I didn't realize that all our cats were mentaly infantile until I saw how cats were in other countries

yes, they run around at night having sex and being a nuisance, but honestly I'd rather a cat that was a nuisance outside than a cat that was inside

our cats constantly need to be touching you, hanging around you, don't hunt properly (they just beat animals up) etc
>>
>>2005203
Why would you want to niggerify your cat?
>>
>>2005205
because I can't stand clingy animals
>>
Why even bother owning a fucking cat? Surely they're not meant for keeping. Sure a barn full of rats, put a cat in there... But a household? Nah. Cats are the single worst pet ever.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.