[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do faggots on here hate pugs so much? They are some of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14
File: Sad-pug.jpg (279 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
Sad-pug.jpg
279 KB, 2400x1600
Why do faggots on here hate pugs so much? They are some of the best dogs you can get. They have amazing personalities and live for an incredibly long time. They are super sweet and just about the best bros you can ask for.

>BUT MUH BRACHYCEPHALY
>BUT MUH CRUELTY BREEDING
Fuck off you dumb retard. This must be why pugs have some of the longest lifespan of any dog, and are incredibly healthy. Stop using meme words you don't understand that you saw on a PETA website.

The hate this breed gets is irrational. I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me? Is it literally just memes?
>>
>>2155759
They are useless dogs, unless you just want something to lay on the couch or for people to look at.

meme dog.
>>
We had a friend living with us who had a pug. Every single fucking day I wanted to round house kick that fucker in the face. Most useless fucking dog ever.

>peed on EVERYTHING despite having a doggy door and no medical issues
>thousands of dollars spent on trainers and they all said he was a lost cause
>vet suggested keeping him constantly sedated because of how much an asshole he was
>destroyed carpets, kennels, cabinets, TVs, couches, anything you can name
>couldn't stand getting his paws wet so when it rained we had to carry him outside and place him on the wet grass so he would potty. Then he would come inside and shit and piss inside.
>would run from you and never let anyone touch him
>peed on my bed multiple times after taking him outside to potty
>peed on my fucking WINDOW blinds that is 4 feet off the ground
>couldn't stand being touched

dear god I can go on and on. That pug was the absolute worst thing to ever happen to me and when he moved out I cried tears of joy:
>>
>>2155759
> live for an incredibly long time
> This must be why pugs have some of the longest lifespan of any dog, and are incredibly healthy
Gonna need a source for that OP, and no, " muh moms pug lived for twenty years" don't count.
>>
>>2155767
actually, pugs were the greatest messenger dogs for the Tibetan monks, the dogs had to travel for a long time to deliver messages between temples.

sidenote: I love my little pug
>>
>>2155775
http://www.petpugdog.com/pug-life-span
>The life expectancy of a Pug dog is between 12 and 15 years

http://www.frankthepug.com/frankthepug.PDF
>Pugs tend to have a long life span, often 14 years or so.

http://www.petmd.com/dog/wellness/evr_dg_how_long_do_dogs_live
>Pug
>11

https://www.vetinfo.com/pug-dog-life-expectancy.html
>The average life span of a Pug is around 14 years

Enough for you to shut up?
>>
>>2155786
>enough for you to shut up?
Sure I'll shut up. Enjoy your ugly, bug eyed, shit eating, dumb ass, dog.
When it sneezes and pops it's eyes out maybe you can remind yourself how healthy and great they are.
>>
pugs are ugly, have shit personalities, smell bad, and make constant noise
>>
>>2155767
>>2155771
>>2155775

>taking the bait
>>
Get a Boston Terrier. They are like pugs but much more awesome and not owned by total faggots.
>>
>>2155759
I'm fine with rescue pugs, and pugs that are bred to reduce the problems in them. Hopefully in the future there can be genetic engineering to remove some of the issues faster.
Sadly all the pugs I've seen have been hyper as fuck and not snuggle buddies.
>>
>>2155802
I breed Boston Terriers and keep them all for myself. I fucking love these dogs.
>>
>>2155799
It's far more entertaining to turn this into a pug hate thread than to ignore it.

I've only ever known one pug, and it was the most retarded dog I've ever met. It was owned by a guy I knew at uni, bought because he refused to have a kid with his obese, controlling girlfriend. In the first week it had to be rushed to the vets because someone had given it several vodka shots at a houseparty. It used to violently attack people for pizza crusts, but hid most of the time and hated human interaction. It was utterly untrained, so they just gave up on walking it and let it sleep in their bed, where it routinely shat on the guy's chest during the night. Quite sad looking back on it, but fuck was that pug dumb.
>>
They're nice little dogs and I've never met one with a bad personality, but they need to be bred more conscientiously. They could have a better quality of life and still be loving companions if they had slightly longer snouts and deeper eye sockets. Same for bulldogs, they're some of the most affectionate and good-natured dogs I've ever met, but it's sad seeing how limited they are by their own body.
>>
>>2155786
>bragging about a dog having an average life span.
>With a dog that is as ugly as it is stupid
Giggity
>>
>>2155786
>Longest lifespan of any dog
>Listed as having an average life span
Just because it's medical issues don't kill it or decrease it's life span doesn't make the medical issues ok. They still have squashed nasal passages and malformed bones. Not to mention they are ugly as fuck. I think it's funny how unhealthy breeds like pugs and shar peis are also the ugliest
>>
>>2155958
How do they live so long if those are such big medical issues? I have never heard of a pug having issues with any of those.
>>
they have lifespans on the lower end of small dogs because they have so many medical issues and they can't breathe properly to support their natural activity level. that being said, they're usually sweet dogs (but untrained like every other toy breed)
>>
Pug blood fucked up bulldogs... theyre a scourge.
>>
>>2155967

Their breathing, eye and skin problems aren't usually fatal, but they can be expensive and decrease the dog's quality of life, if not the length. The fact they tend to live into their teens isn't really surprising as most small breeds are long-lived, but a bit more care with their breeding would allow them fuller and more active lives and perhaps not get so frequently dumped at shelters because their eye popped out or the vet bills for their mange are adding up.
>>
What's that dog that looks the same as a pug but bigger and not beige and black? Get that
>>
>>2155840
>It's far more entertaining

No, retard, you're just encouraging more shit behavior. Go back to /b/.
>>
>>2156097
You'd prefer no discussion at all than some light anecdotes and opinions on how shit pugs are? Come on now edgy meme dog Anon
>>
My grandma lived to 103, doesn't mean she was healthy and not in constant misery.

Long life span doesn't always mean 'healthy' and more often than not breeds like this are living in misery in their old age. Hell I grew up with a 16 year old dalmatian who only died because I finally convinced my parents to end her fucking misery.
>>
>>2156091
Bulldog?
>>
I think pugs are hilarious just because they look like they've just run face-first into a wall. They're like the cartoon characters of dogdom.
[spoiler]The eye-popping shit ITT is making me a bit squeamish though. Is it true?[/spoiler]
>>
>>2155759

I love them.

But they're unpractical animals ridden with lots of diseases and health problems. The fuckers can't even bark correctly
>>
>>2155782
Do you use your pugs for messages now? Its useless memedog that is "so cayuuuteee" for stupid hipsters that want moving furniture.
>>
>>2155759
Just get a shelter dog, they need homes more than anything.
>>
>>2155782
[citation needed]
>>
>>2156187
If you ventured out past you /b/tarded board once in a while, you might realize this is a (very poor) troll thread. You might also realize it's summer if you poked your fat face out of your moms basement once in a while.
>>
>>2156282

Yes, and it's true for the pug as it is for other incredibly flat-faced breeds such as Shih Tzus, Pekingese, etc.. Because the skull's shape doesn't accommodate the eyes well, even mild pressure or trauma could potentially dislodge the eyeball. Loss of vision, and eventual surgical removal of the eye, are pretty common.
>>
>>2156371
Well that's.... terrifying.
But a pug with an eyepatch is still kind of an adorable thought.
>>
>>2155786
thats still short for a small dog
>>
File: 1401648781899.jpg (1 MB, 4200x3252) Image search: [Google]
1401648781899.jpg
1 MB, 4200x3252
>>2155782
If old time pugs weren't extinct they could be considered a diferent breed.
>>
>>2156267
No, it has the same happy stupid face. Bulldogs are droopy.
>>
>>2156371
At least shits can behave themselves. Ok tier dog but tons of grooming.
>>
File: fawn-bullmastiff-up.jpg (46 KB, 490x473) Image search: [Google]
fawn-bullmastiff-up.jpg
46 KB, 490x473
>>2156477
Bullmastiff
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN49srKasy4
>>
File: an hero chi.jpg (359 KB, 1018x728) Image search: [Google]
an hero chi.jpg
359 KB, 1018x728
>assholes buy pug puppies
>gets too old/gross/expensive/loud/flatulent/unhealthy
>bring it to the shelter
>have to do surgery on their neglected eyes, trachea, nasal passage, teeth
>have to medicate their eyes, wrinkles, butthole, ears, arthritis, diarrhea
>they are always always always obese. Not overweight, obese
But that's not even the bad part
>people come in wanting to adopt a pug
>explain all the health issues it has now and may get later due to the issues it now has
>explain it will need to lose weight to be healthy
>"Oh we don't want an unhealthy dog, we'll just get a pug puppy instead"
>explain health problems are all breed related
>"A puppy won't be unhealthy, and if it comes to that we can rehome it if we have to"
>full fucking circle
>mfw

One should also note that pugs do not live as long as many other breeds within their weight range.
>>
File: killme.png (186 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
186 KB, 400x396
Why do people bully dogs in this way? All breeds of dogs are precious creatures and must be treated as such.
>>
>>2158814
What does that mean for the assholes who decided to breed for aesthetics over health?

The only pug I've spent time with was a good dog though. And I don't usually like small ADHD breeds.
>>
Pugs owners are the best way for me to find people who don't actually care at all about their dog, so in a sense the breed is not entirely useless.
>>
>>2155759
They can't breathe
Their face folds need to be clean often
They have shit personalities most of the time
They can't fuck without your intervention
They can't eat certain food because of their short snout

They even live to torture you for 15 years, no thanks
>>
>>2158828
Yorkshire terrier. Female. Easily trainable, may have annoying puppy stage, but they're absolutely beautiful and mostly obedient dogs.
Huge time sink/lots of grooming, but after the first year they will get the routine. I admit they will chew shit and piss you off, but if you want an ADHD breed, and you can actually get up off your fat ass at all, they are a very sensible option.

Pugs fucking suck.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461672867989.jpg (40 KB, 552x681) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461672867989.jpg
40 KB, 552x681
>>2155759
Fit, sound working dogs over those stupid little pushed in faces anyday. Why even have a dog if its not able to work?
>>
>>2159216
>"B-but my pug can pull retarded faces and have cute epileptic fits that make it look like it's breakdancing, so I can make an instagram account and exploit my genetic clusterfuck dog for social media points"
>>
>>2159228
Every dog can pull retarded faces anyway.
>>
>>2156486
And weird to see the word fawn and something with balls in the same picture.
>>
File: 1459972450949.jpg (138 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1459972450949.jpg
138 KB, 720x960
>>2159253
Try this handsome sod then.
>>
>>2159216
That dog isn't marked up enough to be doing any real type of work though, anon
>>
>>2155759
>brains wrong size for skull

Truly canine untermensch
>>
>>2155759
They stink and shit everywhere and bite things, even as adults

Literal cruelty breed
>>
>>2155840
So he had two obese, controlling girlfriends.
>>
I really wanna get a pug, but the only ones I can find are expensive as fuck. How did you tickets get them?
>>
>>2156393
There was one missing an eye I saw at the OKC pug shelter. Little fucked was cute. I thought about adopting it but they charge like 300 just to "adopt" their abused pugs.
>>
>>2161481

Odd as it sounds, visible disabilities are really great for shelter animals for that very reason. Anything that can make a person's heart strings tug just a bit more improves their odds of being adopted.
>>
Why don't people ever complain about German shepherds and their hip problems?

Hipsters only ever bitch about short snout breeds.
>>
>>2161493
This guy's right, as long as it's not an injury that's "too ugly". Sorta like in movies how there's scars on heroes, but they're always clean, and look nice. While bad guys scars make their whole face look like a mess. Same thing in shelters. You got to have just the right kinda injury. A dog with a missing eye or leg makes you look cool and eccentric. A dog who has burns covering whole body you look creepy.
>>
>>2161495
Hipsters on pugs faggot, theyre disgusting wastes of flesh. Every moment of their life is torture.
>>
>>2161545
Nah, hipsters hate pugs, they just rehash PETA talking pointa, and ignore any of the other suffering that like every dog breed goes through.

Sorta like you do faggot.
>>
File: german-shepherds.jpg (93 KB, 600x256) Image search: [Google]
german-shepherds.jpg
93 KB, 600x256
>>2161495
Pugs need a serious overhaul to make them healthy. Not all GSDs have hip hip dysplasia and with careful breeding their health will improve. The only problem would be that the gene pool would be smaller so it might require outbreeding
>>
>>2161474
Dunno why you'd want to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a disfigured dog that will likely require expensive medical treatment
>>
File: moreforme.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
moreforme.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
If you fuckers can't handle them, just give your pugs to me.
I'll take care of all of them, unlike you whiny faggots.
>>
>>2161980
>"Yes please, I'll voluntarily pay thousands and waste years of my life looking after boring Down's syndrome dogs"
Go for it mate, but they are literally the equivalent of pudgy-faced disabled children, and as such shouldn't be paraded around as equals to normal healthy dogs
>>
>>2159216
Because the average person has absolutely no use for a working dog.
>>
>>2161474
If you really want a pug that bad, consider rescuing one. People give those dogs away by the droves as soon as the first expensive medical bill pops up because of all the cruelty breeding.
>>
>>2162021
>carrying things in it's dog backpack
>protecting your home even if it's just with a strong pose and a mean look
>killing pests
>defending you from other animals
>bringing items for your lazy ass
>beaches and shores
>being a bud that can follow you all day long on weekend outdoor activities
>various working-dog-friendly activities such as swimming, hunting, hiking, urban exploring (with safety gear), fishing, even carrying heavy logs to build a fire

None of these activities could be done by a "super kawaii deformed breed". But oh yeah, forgot most people on this thread are sedentary fat fucks.
>>
>>2162028
[citation needed]
>>
>>2162028
I like the idea of pugs, but there definitely needs to be some better breeding of them.

But I get why they ended up existing, an appartment style dog, that doesn't need vigorous exercise, is fine just cuddling on your lap after a little play time is a great idea for the 21st century.

I don't get why there isn't more of breeding focusing on that kinda dog, but trying to keep them healthy and not a genetic fuckup.
>>
>>2162025
I would if the shelters nearby had any. The only ones that do at pug shelter that sell then around 400 a pop.

The main reason I'm wanting was is because of what >>2162170 mentioned. I want a dog that can just chill around my little appartment with me, I don't want a working mutt tthats going to feel miserable and cooped up.
>>
File: s7ocutO.jpg (48 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
s7ocutO.jpg
48 KB, 500x668
>>2162392
PLS TEK ME HOM ANON
>>
>le live a long time meme
Because they are a small/dwarf animal.
>>
>>2162675
Does that specific pug have downs syndrome poor something?
>>
>>2162675
If you weren't 400 fucking dollars to rescue, I probably would.
>>
File: image.jpg (669 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
669 KB, 1536x2048
I just got a pug pupper from a family that couldn't keep her. She is really fucking energetic and likes to tear everything up. It's taken about a week of being really strict, but she is finally starting to listen. She's no where near the level I want her at yet, but in a few weeks I'm sure she'll be house broken. Her name is Murphy and she's really fucking stubborn
>>
>>2162392
>>2162170
So basically, you want a piece of living furniture that requires zero responsibility?
>>
>>2162789
Good on you for saving one instead of supporting the pug industry. I hope she can have a good life despite her health problems.

Also, you should take better care of your nails.
>>
>>2162797
Cause that's all cats, hamsters, and pretty much any small animal are.

You're trying way to hard to feel superior. 90% of the reason anybody gets a pet is to have a dumb animal that will love their ads regardless. In the modern city, having a dog that needs that's ment to spend a lot of energy is just cruel. Seriously, you know those fuckers I'm talking about, those who get a lab as a puppy just cause they're cute, but then because of their work and life can't keep the dog active. So when the dog starts getting anxious about having no where to go, they get sent to a shelter or worse.

There needs too be an in between, pugs aren't the answer cause of shit breading. But there really should be something out there.
>>
File: suzy.png (947 KB, 675x668) Image search: [Google]
suzy.png
947 KB, 675x668
I've never had a single problem with mine. She's turning 7 soon and she's never been sick, and she hasn't been expensive at all. When it's hot she'll get a little irritated but she's in the a/c most of the time.
She's friendly, likes to play, is good with kids, etc.
Her dad was the retarded one. That fucking dog wouldn't listen to anything but same thing with him, no problems except for his pissing everywhere but I think that's just a male thing for them.
They're actually great dogs.
>>
>>2162799
Those are the nails of the woman I got her from.
>>
Are these fucks trainable?
I live in 2 cities because of university.
In my hometown I have a Bull-Terrier, she was a little hurricane when she arrived but over the years she learned to behave and now she listens to everything I say (sometimes I think she is too dam smart for her own good).

I live in an appartmen in this other city and I want a small dog (Bull terriers aren't big but they are not actually small and they are so strong they just break thing accidentaly with their muscle-snake of a tail)
>>
File: DMFfa.jpg (662 KB, 2480x1860) Image search: [Google]
DMFfa.jpg
662 KB, 2480x1860
>>2164540

Every dog is trainable, if you're willing to put in the time and effort.
>>
>>2162789
fucking gross
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.