[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rescues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7
File: 20160626_062314.jpg (2 MB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
20160626_062314.jpg
2 MB, 4032x2268
Anybody here have a pet that was rescued? I have my pupper here that was rescued from a hoarders house. Apparently he was kept in a cage for the majority of his life. He's 4-5 years old. Hes a chihuahua/beagle mix. He takes to my mother more than me but she's at home all day while I'm at work for 12 hours mon to Fri. He sleeps a lot and he was so scared from the fireworks last night. He loves to cuddle though.

Anyways, anybody have a rescue?
>>
Both my 2 cats and 2 dogs are rescues. I only know one of their stories for certain.

Cat 1 was an owner surrender I think. She is a handful and has kitten tier energy at 7 (adopted her when she was 4). Cat 2 was abused/neglected and either sized or surrendered. He is ancient (at least 10) and currently has kidney disease, as tends to happen to old, especially boy, cats like him.

Dog 1 is the only one I know for sure his story. He escaped his old owners house once and the lady that would be the foster I got him from returned him. He escaped again and that lady found him again, said "fuck these people" and kept him and decided to find him a new home. He looks identical to what you see if you Google "dachsador" so I have a theory he may have been the results of some BYB operation.

Dog 2... no clue. All I know is she ended up in a city pound in a city on the Texas-Mexico boarder where she got heartworms. She was going to be euthanized but the Humane Society of Dallas County rescued her and a handful of other dogs that were going to be euthanized for heartworms too. I have no clue about her life. All I know is she wasn't spayed at 2 years old, so maybe she escaped a house as a puppy?
>>
File: IMG_2365.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2365.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Found my dog and another one walking down the middle of my road one day. He was nervous but followed her anywhere, both were skinny and drinking water from the mud.
We found their owner but by then we knew he was trailer trash and had beaten him badly and very overbred her. My dog in particular was terrified of even entering our house, if he was on a leash and you pulled he'd throw himself to the ground trying to escape and one time I ran to my sister after she screamed in another room and he saw me and pissed himself right out of fear. Got a giant scar on his side and it looks like it's from a shovel.
Anyway, the other dog got spayed and a nice new home, mine is significantly calmer and happier, he loves getting butt scratches and getting to run around our acre. I love him a lot.
>>
File: IMG_2366.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2366.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2160371
How the fuck did my image get upside down?
>>
File: raoul fb.jpg (332 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
raoul fb.jpg
332 KB, 2048x1152
>>2160371
Poor dog. Hit by a shovel... Also love your upside down pictures Bro.

I have three ferrets, all from "rescue" or else.

Ferret one : I had him from a ferrets shelter. He started his life as a baby ferret sold on a shitty big ass market place, there were like 10 or 15 ferrets per cage. He had part of his left ear teared appart by non fixed, agressive males. Then somebody adopted him, but the ferret wasn't educated, and very stubborn, so he bites A LOT. The guy finally drop him off at the rescue. Now he is still a little bitey, but it's getting better.

Second ferret (pictured) also comes from the shelter. The guy abandonned him because of allergies (yeah yeah). He's a sweetheart. He never was beaten or maltreated in any way.

And finally third ferret is a "Oh noes, I moved out and now my house is too small for dis little animal so sad rly" . I think the real reason is that the ferret had begun his rutting period and male ferret are dick when they are in their rutting period. And because the owner didn't know a thing about ferrets, he just thought that his ferret was going nuts or something. Now that he's implanted he's getting better. I'm almost certain he must be a sweetheart in his normal state.
>>
File: IMG_2772.jpg (662 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2772.jpg
662 KB, 1200x1600
My bf and I got our pup, Zoey, from the pound. She was a year old, and was a stray when animal control picked her up. She was in the pound for a full month. Since they didn't have much funding or enough volunteers, the cages they were in were barren and concrete, with no toys and just a small bed made of canvas and pvc pipes. Because of this, training her to be an apartment dog has been no easy task, but she seems very intelligent and is a fast learner. We think she's a gsd/rottie mix.
>>
>>2160518
She's a cutie, best of luck to you
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
This old guy was abandoned in a trailer park last summer with another dog. He was fostered by a couple of people in a rescue for about 6 months before I adopted him.

He's my first dog; I had owned only cats up until 4 month ago. Super relaxed for a lab mix, too! He just sleeps while I'm at work.
>>
File: holy shit anons home.jpg (309 KB, 978x1301) Image search: [Google]
holy shit anons home.jpg
309 KB, 978x1301
Saved my pitbull Brutus from a shelter almost a year ago

Sweetest doggo I've ever known
>>
>>2160687

>pitbull
>>
>>2160687
>if you're being serious....
Why would you not want people to think it's a lab? The reaction you get from the public is not exactly a good one when you say pitbull.
If you are legit, why wouldn't you want people to think it's something else?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.