[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It hurts, guys. Marie, my 22 year old ball of fluff, passed away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: 20150310_003029_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150310_003029_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
It hurts, guys.
Marie, my 22 year old ball of fluff, passed away in my arms today. She was my fiance's cat, so I only knew her for two years. However, it only took a day for her to steal my heart.
God damn, the house feels empty without her...
>>
File: 20150310_003211_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150310_003211_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Each day coming home from work, she would call out to me and walk over, as happy and playful as any dog might be. Even in her old age, with all her spryness gone, she would waste no time to join me at my side. Never was she happier than with her head resting on one of us. Never have I seen a cat so loving, nor will I likely see one again. There was only one Marie, and my time with her was far too little.
She suffered in the end from renal failure. It was a long-time coming, but we could not allow her to suffer any more. Even in her final moments, her mind medically detached from her ailing body, she still managed to nuzzle her forehead against my own as I said goodbye, just as she always had every day before. It went as well as it possibly could have. Still, how could I possibly leave that place without feeling hollow?
Marie...You were one of a kind. Thank you for everything. I love you so, so dearly.
>>
File: Rainbow-Bridge-Poem.jpg (97 KB, 579x690) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow-Bridge-Poem.jpg
97 KB, 579x690
I'm very sorry for your loss.....I know it's tough, but mourn her properly....then possibly adopt another cat to fill the void in your home, but don't expect it to fill her shoes.....
>>
Damn, that's pretty sad. Life is cruel.
>>
Funny thing about cats is you always get exactly what you put in with them. She obviously loved you two so much because she knows how much love and care you poured into being her owners. She led a long, happy life by the sound of it, and she was lucky to have been loved so well by you. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that she passed knowing you did everything you could to make her feel comfortable and loved.
>>
>>2148264
>>2148272

RIPIP Marie.

We'll remember you.
>>
>>2148299
I was never a cat person before her. She changed that in a single day. You aren't the first to say she was lucky to have us, and it does warm my heart to hear it. It hurt beyond all pain to hold her as she went, but I will never regret doing so.
It's at this time that those terrible thoughts creep in. Was it too soon? Was she really ready? Did I spend enough time with her? Did I take her for granted?
But I remember her face at the end. So serene and calm.I remember her forehead against mine, and the way she nuzzled into the blanket on my lap as she passed. One last nap on my lap before she had to go. I remember her, and how much she loved us, and all doubt turns to nothing. All that is left is to try to fill that massive crater in my heart.
Thank you for your kind words. Joy seems so far away right now. It's good to catch a glimpse of it while my heart is burning.
>>
>>2148264
RIP MARIE
If I find this thread after I finish work I'll draw you best I can
>>
>>2148264
>>2148272
Congratulations! We're one small step closer to a cat-free world!
>>
>>2148316
I really appreciate the offer. It would mean a lot to both myself and my fiance.
We're moving into our very first house together next month. It's bitter-sweet since Marie won't be joining us. We've been trying to come up with ways to bring her along in spirit. We'll receive her ashes very soon, but having her image around will help a lot. I myself am putting a surprise scrapbook together for my fiance to surprise her with. I had a pawprint made before she went, and I plan to imbed it in the book's cover.
Wow. I droned on a bit. Sorry. Just letting my fingers fly. I'm not quite 100% here right now, I guess.
>>
>>2148322
Now the time has come to part,
I hold you safely in my heart.
Although you are now asleep,
There are things I can still keep.
So thankyou for each memory,
And your kindness, dear Marie.

Any other picture of the beautiful girl?
>>
File: 20150720_201136.jpg (1009 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150720_201136.jpg
1009 KB, 3264x1836
>>2148324
Thanks for that.
>>
Goodnight sweet princess
>>
File: 20140819_140738.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20140819_140738.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>2148332
>>
>>2148324
> Honey, my friend from 4Chan drew this really nice picture of her
> Your friend from where?
>>
My cats about 6 atm and I really do hope he lives till (at least) his early twenties as well
>>
File: 20150106_194400_2_bestshot.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150106_194400_2_bestshot.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>2148334
Often times she had this look about her. If one didn't know her, they might say she looked angry. It earned her the nickname "little dragon" from me. But anger is the furthest word from describing her. In truth, it was more that she was simply tired. Old cats do get their fair bit of sleep.
>>
>>2148336
My nanny knows about 4chan she likes the recipes and help with her pet fish but sometimes she gets a bit concerned.
>>
File: 20150613_123041.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150613_123041.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>2148336
Correction. She would say "Which board?"
Last pic I've got on me right now. Laying comfy with her pal, Yuta. Wish I had more pictures of her wide-eyed and joyous, but I've got the memories.
>>
Very sorry for your loss, OP. May Marie rest in peace.
>>
Do threads on this board tend to last a while? About time I try to get some sleep tonight. You peeps have been awesome, and my spirits are a bit lifted thanks to you.
>>
>>2148354
You could probably go away for a week and it would still be up, since this is a really slow board.
>>
>>2148361
Well, in that case I'll check it in the morning. I can't keep my eyes open any longer.
You folk are great. Way to take some of the sting out of one of the hardest days of my life. Holy hell, I've been through some nasty shit in my life, but today hit me harder than any of it.
>>
>>2148354
Its usually 20-30 min replies for young threads but it can stretch to 1-2 days between replies for older threads
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 720x960
Have the world scrappiest cat picture OP
Rest in peace kit kat
>>
>>2148264
RIP Marie. So sorry
>>
>>2148264
Beautiful cat
>>
>>2148384
This is the sweetest thing I have ever seen on /an/.
>>
>>2148384
Damn. You're hitting those heartstrings bro. Thank you so much.
>>
>>2148272
I'm so sorry for your loss. The love of a gentle cat is one of the greatest loves I've ever known from an animal.

3 years ago my husband and I had to put down our beloved ailing cat. I held him in my arms, quiet and trusting, as he passed away. I don't know if I'll ever be able to remember that moment and not cry. We've recently brought two new cats into our home though, and watching that same quiet love start bloom from a scared shelter cat makes it worth starting again.

Losing Marie will never stop hurting, but eventually the worst will pass and your memories of her will be a bright point in your life. Wishing you the best until that time.
>>
>>2149254
Thanks for the kind words.
I know exactly what you mean. We have another cat, Yuta, who came from a shelter. She was my fiance's cat as well, and was extremely skittish around her. However, after we started living together Yuta blossomed into one of the most social cats I know. It was a wonderful, satisfying transition, and one I could tell she had always wanted to make herself. Poor Yuta seems just as down as we are with Marie gone. They were great friends.
However, even today my mind turns to the happier times with Marie. These two years in which I knew her were also some of the hardest, barely making enough at first just to keep the apartment. Still Marie was always there to cheer us up the second we walked in the door. Now we'll finally be able to afford a house, though she won't have had a chance to see it. We'll receive her ashes shortly, so we'll be bringing her home with us in spirit.
>>
>>2148264
take her to the vet
>>
File: 1374616131734.gif (993 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1374616131734.gif
993 KB, 245x245
>>2148384
That's sweet. You're a cool guy, anon. Have a cute gif.
>>
Your cat brings back memories of my cat Peewee...My parents got him before I was even born! He died a few years back, was in his 20s and looked just like Marie. He was such a talkative and affectionate cat and would always greet me when I came home from school.
Thanks for sharing Marie and I hope you are ok. I had some great memories with my cat Peewee and I miss him so much.
>>
>>2149990
Thanks. Yep, sounds like Marie up and down. Guess the orange, fluffy variety make the best of pals. Thanks for sharing Peewee's story.
>>2149347
I imagine Marie herself didn't look all that different as a kitten. Never knew her that young, so it's interesting to see what she might have been like.
>>
>>2148264
I know that feel. Everytime I think about my cat, all I feel is the giant vacuum left by his absence. It's something you'll carry the rest of your life.
>>
File: Regal Brooke.jpg (115 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Regal Brooke.jpg
115 KB, 640x480
>>2148264
I know that pain all to well. My girl was just like yours, her name was Brooke, another orange tabby girl like yours.
She was mine for eleven years, and those were the best years I've ever had.
I knew her as a kitten, and she would always come to me, she peed in my bed when we first got her, but I felt like she claimed me that way.
XD Although, I worried that I kept her in bed when she wanted to go to the bathroom.
Either way, she grew up, she would always come when called, would lay on my lap, lovingly kiss me all over with furious licks.
Lay ontop of me when I played my video games, I would always give her more room, even moving my computer away from my lap so she could take up the whole space.
If she moved up to my chest, I would stop playing and let her sleep until she woke up to leave.
Her cries, her way of walking, she was beautiful, and I always knew I was hers as much as she was mine.

She had pancreatitis which we discovered too late, it had affected her kidneys, and made it seem like she just had kidney damage, but... she ultimately died from it.
I tried to do what I could, even threw everything in my bank account just to see if I could save her, but... she just was too far gone.

I hated how she died, I wished she could have gone so much more peacefully.
I received the call that she died after 11PM, deep down I figured she was not coming back, but hearing that she passed left me ruined. I screamed, I wailed, I curled into a fetal position and just felt like I wanted to die.
The whole house felt alien to me, claustrophobic, wrong... I hated it so much.

You will get better, it will take time. You won't find another Marie, but there will be a special cat that will find his or her way into your heart... their special happy nature, unique personality, and their love will help heal your wounds. It all takes time though.:)
>>
>>2150144
You possessed a very special relationship with your cat.I'm sorry that it had to end so early. Though on my end I missed out on so much of Marie's life, she still managed to live to an incredibly old age.
Marie struggled against renal failure. I honestly thought we would be putting her down within a week of bringing her to the apartment. Instead, we managed to keep her happily plopping along for two more years. It wasn't even the renal failure that killed her. We had to put her down because of immense joint pain that medication couldn't improve.
Thanks for sharing your story. You are right of course. The wounds will close but scars remain. I won't be getting another cat since Yuta keeps us plenty of company on her own. Truth be told, I'm not even a cat person. Still, no less love for either of them.
>>
>>2148264

Your cat is scum and so are you. I hope she rests in shit, and then in hell.
>>
>22 years old
do cats really live that long?
>>
>Have an old orange tabby
>Adopted him as an old boy
>Spectualed he was abuses before I good him because he has an intense mistrust of people who are not me
>Has kidney disease
>Kidneys are functioning at 30%
>Hind legs are almost completely
>Have no idea how much longer he has
>Cuddled against my chest as I read this thread
And I thought I was some crying over his diagnosis
>>
>>2152462

I hope he suffers as long as possible, then dies a brutal, painful death.
>>
>>2152478
I hope that for almost everyone and their pets, get on my level
>>
I feel ya OP. It will get better with time. Think about how lucky you were to have the cat for even that bit of time.

I inherited a cat when it was 18. It was my first and only cat and she stole my heart.

I had to put her down in about 2 years time.
>>
>>2152486

>Get on my level

Shut up, nigger.
>>
>>2152405
OP here. Get funnier.
>>
>>2152462
Hey man. When we got Marie home her kidneys were working at about 30% as well. We got her to live another two years by giving her hydration infusions. They literally hydrate the cat through an injection since the kidneys aren't working properly. Cats are so efficient with their hydration, they can literally get enough water to live off of from the meat of their prey, so this infusion can give a cat that's kinda bad off a whole year more. You can kinda keep repeating this so long as your cat's quality of life doesn't degrade. You may have already done this, but if not it's worth a shot.
>>
>>2152530
Our stories aren't so dissimilar then. I'm glad to have had Marie for the time I did, but I can't help but wonder what she was like as a younger, spry cat. Ah well. Not complaining. Sorry you didn't get more time with your cat, bro.
>>
>>2152618

I wasn't joking. I really hope that stuff happens. No joke intended, you loser.
>>
>>2152928
Cool story bro.
>>
>22
You're lucky.
>>
Just commission a good taxidermist.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.