[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with losing your pets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
How do you guys deal with losing your pets?
>>
I cry about it for a while and then I move on. If it's an animal I spent a lot of time with or bonded with I will remember them with fondness and occasionally be sad that they are no longer around but I go on with my life as normal. Some people keep ashes or paw print molds or old collars but I just keep pictures. I think the body is just a vessel anyways so I don't see much point in keeping ashes, or building a shrine. By the time my life's over I'm sure I'll have outlived quite a few animals so it's best not to dwell. When my last dog passed it was easier because they were older and in discomfort, so seeing them released from that wasn't as hard to bear, and I still have a younger dog and need to take care of her. I've tried to give her more attention and training now because I was sad for a bit and I like redirecting that into positivity.
>>
>>2146001
Just get a new pet. It's the best you can do.
>>
>>2146001
If it's a childhood pet by being a big boy.

If you were an adult when you got it you should've come to terms with the fact you were going to outlive this adorable little critter when you got it.

Eventual death and grief seems a great trade while you interact with the bounding youth
>>
cry alot and cry some more
>>
>>2146001
The trick is to give them away when they're starting to get old. Make sure they go to a nice old couple who ideally live out of town and don't have kids/grandchildren. They'll send you photos of your old dog/cat/etc. from time to time while you enjoy your new young pet.
>>
>>2146001
Say "oh, thats unfortunate" and move on.
>>
I don't
>>
>>2146001
Take it to the taxidermist
>>
lay down
try not to cry
>>2146222
>>
I always get a cast of their footprint. Then bury them with a faux flower that looks best to them. I cry for a long time. Go through grieving process but continue life. Remmber there is always animals out their I can spend life with too.
>>
This is so weird, I'm usually on /b/ so everyone's rude. But here most people are serious and seem to be more kind.
>>
>>2148578
we can verbally abuse you if you'd like
>>
>>2146001
I just make sure I can say I did what I could to make them as comfortable as possible in thier last moments, then bury them and move on. If you get a pet that has a life span less than your own, why be surprised when it dies? I understand it can be difficult, but thats the point of the pet. We have them live with us so we can let them have a comfortable life while they can, instead of being out in nature and being driven by hunger and fear 24/7. It gives us piece of mind, and lets us feel good knowing we are trying. The animal couldn't care any less in the end, as lomg as uts comfortable its happy.
>>
>>2146001
My grandmothers dog, he was basically my dog and she knew it. I somewhat grew up with this dog. I was 10 or 11 and i was the one who trained him and everything. Then several years later, he got lymphatic cancer, i was 16 at the time. I got to play with him in his yard for a bit, then I started to dig his hole while he played in his kiddie pool like a puppy. He decided to stop playing for a minute and walked over and looked at the hole and looked at me, as if he knew it was for him. We gave him a huge chunk of meat with the bone and let him eat it. They then took him to the vet and had him put down. By the time i finished the hole they brought him back in a cardboard box and i helped lower him in. The thing was i was the inly one not crying. I really felt bad, but knew he was better off put down rather than suffer through that type of cancer. The only way to deal with it, is to know you try to make em comfortable in the last moments. Thats all that really matters.
>>
>>2146001
Suffering.
>>
>>2148578
fuck off you failed adult
>>
>>2146001
You don't, anon. It hurts less over time, but it never stops hurting all-together.

>>2147151
You are literally the worst.
>>
>>2146001
By taking it one lonely day at a time. Eventually you get past the worst of it and can find another pet to love. Then it's easier to remember the one that's gone, and the good memories outweigh the loss.
>>
>>2148578
It takes a special kind of person to shit on someone hurting over a lost pet. But then /b/ is a special kind of board...
>>
By crying a lot over a period of time. It hurts a little less each day and you start to miss and remember them fondly. You can honor them by channeling that love you had for them into another pet that hasn't experienced kindness.

>>2148599
This is way too sad.
>>
>>2148578
/an/ is like 70% vaginas
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.