[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /an/, I was thinking, how do the same people keep coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 980x.jpg (157 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
157 KB, 980x980
Hey, /an/,
I was thinking, how do the same people keep coming into possession of multiple litters of kittens? I know they're not fostering and I know they're not breeding or trapping the cats themselves. So, how do they do it?
>>
People are stupid fucks and don't get their cats spayed for a variety of reasons. A lot of owners think they can get away with not spaying/neutering if they have exclusively indoor animals, not realizing the insane level of desperation that overtakes cats and dogs when they go into heat. Kitty slips out the door just once and boom, she's knocked up by the neighborhood tom. Lots of poorfags think they don't have the money (and are too retarded to look into low-cost spay and neuter programs that are goddamn everywhere these days) or else just don't care to spend the money on the animal. Lots of cats are still allowed to free-roam so they pretty much just go through continuous cycles of pregnancy.

Otherwise, I dunno, depending on where you live it isn't hugely uncommon to have a feral or stray mom shelter under your deck or in your garage when she's about to give birth.
>>
finding feral kittens is extremely easy depending on the season and some bleeding heart retards feel like they should safe every single one of them.
>>
>>2145039
This pretty much.

I used to have a PETAfag friend who believed it was inhumane to fix an animal because it 'takes away their nature', and it was also inhumane and unnatural to keep them indoors. She thought she would easily find homes for kittens and make some money off of it too. she was struggling to find homes after the 2nd litter and eventually just started letting kittens go.

Then I had my good old 'poorfag' friend, couldn't even spare $30 on fixing his cat, but spent over twice that on skins for a video game. I even gave him some cash just to fix the fucker, and he used it to buy overwatch boxes instead.
>>
>>2145126
Isn't the cost of raising a litter far greater than the return?
>>
>>2145189
only if it's done properly.

if you neglect the kittens (i.e no vaccinations, vet checks, de-worming, genetic testing etc, etc.) and raise it on an absolute garbage diet it'll make you a profit.

hence why breed cats are so expensive.

and those breeders barely even break even.
>>
>>2145126
But why does she then try finding them home? I can kind of understand if she's against all pet keeping, though certainly not agree.

But I don't understand her mindset here, why is she okay with feeding them (I assume), as it's unnatural? If you must have cats be unfixed strays that copulate constantly, you must also let the nature sort things out in the manner of food shortage and probably crashing cat population.

Never mind the whole human-introduced-species thing for a second.
>>
>>2145193
Similar to what >>2145126 has said, i have a neighbor that's constantly in possession of kittens. And it's kind of troubling because she allows 5 of her permanent cats to wander our block. So, I'm thinking she may be intentionally allowing them to wander in the hope of getting them pregnant.. but doesn't explain the constant inflow of kittens.
She'll have at least 15-20kittens at any one given time and she doesn't work. Just tends to kittens and sells them on craigslist for however much she's asking.
Also, what's the culpability for someone fostering/selling kittens like she is? I'll see her occasionally bag a kitten or two like nothing and throw their bodies in the garbage. Who ensures these kittens aren't being intentionally killed?
>>
>>2145267
>Who ensures these kittens aren't being intentionally killed?
no one.

cats are the only animals allowed to roam unsupervised outdoors, because they're the only animals you're allowed to neglect.

it's expected of you as a cat owner to severely neglect your pets.
>>
>>2145358
If this is true then why do cat lovers so vehemently support anti-kill shelters? Wouldn't this imply that they love their kitters and want to take good care of them?
>>
>>2145419

Because they're weirdly hypocritical about it. It's just the way you're raised. Everyone is raised to let cats outside, so we don't think twice about it.

Even though all the cat owners I know frequently post about lost/injured cats.
>>
File: 1404396775385.jpg (25 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
1404396775385.jpg
25 KB, 500x302
>>2145419
>Wouldn't this imply that they love their kitters and want to take good care of them?
no, the conditions those kittens end up in due to no-kill shelters are worse than death, they don't get enough funding to actually take care of the animals they take in and are often owned by hoarders with severe mental issues that think all cats are pwecious little babies.

cat owners are short-sighted due to the large quantities of toxoplasmosis feasting on their brain, don't ever expect any sort of constructive thought from them.
>>
>>2145189
They cost as much as it cost to feed momma cat, because she is a scumbag. She does not care for the kittens, the mother cat does. Hell sometimes her cat would raise them outdoors.

>>2145194
She's a green Wiccan vegetarian(that cheats a lot) liberal feminist PETAfag. I tried talking sense into her that pets can't be considered natural and have no natural habitat, but you know how those types work. They cry X-ist and throw personal attacks instead of arguing with reason.
>>
>>2145443
How do kittens even survive outside? I know if I saw one sitting in a yard then i'd simply take it and turn it over to a shelter or leave it at a vet.
I'd imagine an outdoor kitten is a convenient snack for something that lives outdoors but on purpose.
>>2145438
Don't shelters have some sort of filter to stop the crazies from getting ahold of that many cats in the first place or do they not care who takes the kitters as long as the monies good?
>>
>>2145502
>whom
>Money's
That's better
>>
>>2145502
It's so easy to tame ferals that are already running around. Just leave a dish of cat food on your porch and the next thing you know, you have a cat.
>>
>>2145532
It can't be THAT simple. If you left food out then guaranteed one of the cunty neighborhood cats would guard it or something wouldn't they? I don't mean a feral, I mean someone else's 'outdoor cat'.
Plus actually attracting a feral to the food seems like it'd take time and/or luck since their porch is effectively their 'trap'.
>>
>>2145502
Feral cats manage. I know she had told me that the cat liked to give birth in some old, dried up well.
Also, as anon said people can grab cats from outside. I've known hoarders to actually take in any cat they could get a hold of, feral stray or even if it was owned. A lot of people sell cats free or cheap on CL, and people still do the old 'box of free kittens' in niggery areas. A reputable shelter will keep track of who adopts what, but a rescue may not have the tools to keep track of these things. Also people can lie saying the animal died, got lost, rehome etc.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.