[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is veterinary schooling/care better in Japan than other countries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: DogSurgery12-9c.jpg (159 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
DogSurgery12-9c.jpg
159 KB, 460x307
Is veterinary schooling/care better in Japan than other countries? When I see videos of pet cockatoos and owls in Japan, they seem to be much more healthy and cared for than pet birds in America. How good is Japan at veterinary medicine?
>>
They don't know anything we don't.
It's just that they actually value discipline and responsibility moreso than Americans who consider pets a form of live entertainment.
>>
In Japan (and most other 1st world Asian countries) "cute" is valued above almost all else so they strive to make and keep their pets cute. As soon as they aren't cute anymore they are often thrown out
>>
Things in Eastern Asia and here are pretty much similar, veterinarily speaking.

Societies there value animals and recognize a few rights.

But like another anon mentioned, it differs in social views, though.

Because of different social values, there's usually a much higher reverence for other life forms in Japan than in the west, that's true.

What a French would call a "nature reserve", a Japanese would call an "animal sanctuary".

A trespasser in the west would be worried about his own skin and in Japan they'd be worried about desecrating the purity of the sanctuary.

People just have different priorities.
>>
>>2143349
No one posts videos of their neglected animals, only of their cute animals. It's easy to think that Japan takes better care of their animals when all you see is a few pet owners that spoil their pets.
>>
>>2143453
Japan also has a huge feral cat problem that is encouraged by the Japanese because cats are cute.
Some Japanese pets live well but there is defiantly a ton of of shady shit that happens there like everywhere else.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3h2CA001rM
This makes me smile though, dude loves his Alligator.
>>
>>2143383
This. Look up animal shelters In Japan. Full of chihuahuas, Pomeranians, Japanese chins, Shiva inus etc who are given about 5 days to be adopted. The euthanasia rate is in the 90%
>>
>>2143468
>crocodilians spend 99% of their life in water
>so let's just keep him in this tiny ass apartment on dry ass land
>>
What is the best country to get a veterinary medicine education?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.