[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found a wolf spider in my home, big as FUCK Should I be worried?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Found a wolf spider in my home, big as FUCK

Should I be worried? I live in a basement suite

How to spider proof home?
>>
>>2129964
>Should I be worried?
they bite.
>How to spider proof home?
seal up every hole and crack big enough for a spider to get into. Then get as much junk as you can out of the house. If you get rid of their hiding places in your stuff most of them will get eaten or leave.
>>
>>2129967
How do I know if I have a wolf spider probem?

couple weeks ago i was really sick, had swollen lymph nodes and shit too maybe it was a bite
>>
>>2129964
>Should I be worried?
No. Their harmless. Tarantula lycosa can give a pretty ugly bite if provoked, but those only live in southern Europe. If you live somewhere else, you likely didn't find a wolf spider, but a giant house spider, and those are totally harmless.

>couple weeks ago i was really sick, had swollen lymph nodes and shit too maybe it was a bite
This is literally how rumours about "dangerous" spiders are born. Unless you actually saw and felt the spider bite the afflicted area, you shouldn't assume that it's a spider bite. Most likely it's not, considering that not a single sider species in the world is aggressive towards humans, although some bite when provoked.
>>
>>2129971
you'll know because you'll have a welt the size of a golf ball with two tiny little holes in it and then you'll find a spider the size of a mouse stuck in your bathtub because he's too full of your blood to climb out.

or at least that's how my encounter with a wolf spider went.
>>
>>2129977
I fucking hate this board.
>>
>>2129977
Spiders don't suck blood in any instance. A spidernis never going to gain any nutrition from a human being and will only bite in self defense.
>>
Wolf spiders are pretty harmless. They are just natural explorers because they don't use webs to catch prey. I used to get a couple in my room every year because it had an exterior door. Check any windows or doors leading outside. Look at the reveals, weather stripping, sweeps, thresholds. There's a gap somewhere and all those tend to wear over time or doors sag and don't close tight. It's an easy fix.
>>
>>2129977
fuck man...
>>
>>2130020
Leave then
>>
>>2130030
This. Their bite hurts, but they're not aggressive. I kept one as a pet for a little while and regularly handled her without any problems. People like to overplay how dangerous some spiders are because they're spooked by them.
>>
>>2129964
Wolf spiders are cuties. Put it outside of it bothers you, but it's unlikely to give you any trouble.

I always love finding mother wolf spiders with their progeny wrapped up in a tight little bundle, carrying it around and safely guarding it. I once even got to watch the babies hatch, molt, and wander off. <33
>>
>>2130020
This board is shit to bugs. As are most normies. Sigh.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.