[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dog develops limp >gets worse overnight >book vet appointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160509_075727.jpg (731 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_075727.jpg
731 KB, 1920x1080
>dog develops limp
>gets worse overnight
>book vet appointment
>get to the vet
>walk to the door
>magically cured himself on the journey here

Dickhead pets general
>>
here's a similar story:

>come home to dog standing over puddle of vomit
>take her out, she has diarrhea
>not that unusual, keep an eye on her
>next day, more diarrhea
>doesn't even eat treats, refuses to go on walks (very unusual)
>just lies on floor shivering
>panic, call vet, they'll squeeze us in
>carry her out to car in torrential downpour
>at vet, she stands around like nothing's wrong
>vet does all kinds of tests, can't find anything wrong
>dog doesn't seem to be sick from then on
>>
My dog used to do this. To teach it the error of its ways, I borrowed a puppy and brought it home, as soon as it appeared to develop a limp, I made a big deal about it in front of my dog, then pretended to take the puppy behind the shed to shoot it. While I loudly filled in a pre dug hole, the owner was passed his unharmed puppy, never to be seen by my dog again.

I then returned to my house and hugged my dog, telling him how awesome it was that he was well so I didn't have to murder two dogs that day.
>>
>>2128533

WOW what a fucking shit you are for killing that puppy, i dont give a shit about your dog, but seriously, killing a random puppy to make your stupid old shit feel better fuck you
>>
>>2128553

>the owner was passed his unharmed puppy

muh american education
>>
>>2128533
That's not how literally anything works.
>>
>>2128554
You're an idiot
>>
>>2128473
Similar thing happened here
>my dog usually doesn´t smell, except when her fur is wet
>she starts to stink like old cheese, some days worse than others
>stays that way for about two weeks
>book vet appointment
>luckily she stinks that day
>drive to vet
>enter the waiting room, still stinking
>vet calls us in, she apparently doesn´t fucking stink anymore
>vet smells her fur "nothing wrong here, she smells pleasant compared to some dogs we see here"
>impossible.jpg
>smell her fur again myself
>doctor is right, she doesn´t stink anymore
>wtf is this
>go home, thinking the vet now thinks I´m a crazy idiot

she never stank like that anymore
>>
>dogsitting gig
>walking dog
>dog stubbornly drags me over to drug addict
>dog refuses to leave, digs in heels whenever I try to pull him away and politely disengage
>don't want to forcibly drag dog across gravel, could hurt his paws
>drug addict starts talking to me about all the drugs he's going to do, but he doesn't trust the guy he's doing them with
>drug addict reassures me that he loves me and won't hurt/rape me
>dog finally starts walking with me again

God dammit, dog.
>>
>>2128600
Are you a girl?

Or does your man ass just really do it for junkies/
>>
>>2128602
Femanon.

The dog walks better on the leash now than when I first started, I've managed to train him a little on a harness, but I still have trouble when he sees people. He loves people and refuses to move until he gets petted thoroughly. It's not exactly a rough neighborhood, but there are a lot of sketchy people that I have talked to because of this dog.
>>
>>2128604
Meh, I don't know how to break a dog's genetic propensity for being nice to people other than kicking them.

So I'd recommend carrying a gun instead.
>>
>>2128553
I am now convinced that this guy is >>2128533's dog and still deluded about what really went on.
>>
>pick up dog from doggy daycare, home is about fifteen minutes away
>five minutes before I pull into the garage I smell this really awful smell
>it smells like skunk diarrhea
>look behind me, dog is sitting in a brown liquid
>assume he had diarrhea in the car but didn't hear any sounds before I smelled it
>get home, take him out of the car and assess him
>acting normal (for a dog who just spent 8 hours playing)
>smell his breath--the smell is there too. that brown stinky stuff is vomit
>???
>clean car, clean dog, start looking up what could cause vomit that looks and smells like diarrhea
>intestinal/bowel obstruction
>fuck me
>call the vet, describe what happened, say I palpitated his stomach and can't feel anything, he's acting normal, drank normally, etc.
>they squeeze me in for twenty minutes from then and I take the dog down
>they palpitate his stomach, can't feel anything
>heart rate normal, breathing normal, gums wet and normal
>"we can't feel anything so it's probably small. he tenses up his stomach when we squeeze, so let's do x-rays"
>$400
>okay
>they see an unidentifiable mass that's about the size/shape/texture of a cotton ball
>"it's small and high enough that we could probably get it out by inducing vomiting"
>okay
>wait twenty minutes while they feed him and then dose him with ipecac or whatever its dog-equivalent is
>wait another twenty minutes while they redo the x-rays
>the mass is magically gone but they found nothing in his vomit
>final bill tally: $450
>>
>>2128706
>The aroma of dog diarrhea vomit in your car: priceless
>>
>>2128592
Maybe the stink was just her anal glands?
While they're filled the stench is obvious, but they sometimes pop randomly and the stink stops in a couple minutes.
>>
File: 61XrFst3X8L._SL1000_[1].jpg (94 KB, 833x1000) Image search: [Google]
61XrFst3X8L._SL1000_[1].jpg
94 KB, 833x1000
>>2128721
luckily I had pic related. the bottom is coated with some sort of waxlike material, so none of it soaked through to the car upholstery

needless to say I don't have it anymore, but it came in quite handy.
>>
>>2128473
When I was housetraining my dog I swear she would purposely only half go so she could finish on my floor once we came back in.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.