[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i posted about this here months ago, but its relevant once again.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1432519910680.jpg (16 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
1432519910680.jpg
16 KB, 240x210
i posted about this here months ago, but its relevant once again.

I can't even fucking have girls over here because my roommate has a shelf when you first walk in that is filled with pokemon memoribila. its the first thing you see. He also put a gigantic pokemon store display on top of the fridge that is completely useless and takes up needed space. On top of this, he installed a bidet (we're in US literally nobody uses these) not only is it unsanitary with the quality of water here, but its breaking the lease agreement and could get us evicted and everyone who uses my bathroom makes fun of it and thinks its weird. aside from this, he also has these really weird scented ass wipes that are tailored to men who use. Theres all kinds of other weird shit, he refuses to washes his dishes, hes on this weird ass diet and the apartment sometimes stinks like him, his girlfriend is an 18 year old in highschool who i basically have banned from here within the first few weeks of us living together, and we got 3 1/2 months left on the least. He also has all n64 games laying all over and is constantly talking about how much their worth and price differences on ebay and posting pics of them on fb.

Yes, I am disgusting, i have my own messes. But this place would be spotless if he didn't have all this shit out, because i'd actually be bringing girls over and more friends in general to chill. I don't leave pubes on the toilet seat, I dont let my bidet get covered in piss and not clean it, i wash my dishes as I use them and vacuum regularly.

Now, I got this girl who wants to come over here and party all day. I can't, my house is trashed. Shes 19 and still lives at home. This girl is a straight up freak. If this girl were to come over here and it was presentable i'd have her doing lines of molly off my dick within the first 2 or 3 hours of her being here.

I can't get out of this lease and im stuck on it til september, this is horrible. How do I cope til than?
>>
>>17167595
>men who use
*men who use scented wipes in their ass
>>
>>17167595
Start by secretly ruining his shit one-by-one. N64 game layong about? Chucked! Pokemon cutout still in fridge? Soak it with water until it disintegrates. Diet is gross? Tamper with food.

He confronts you? Intimidate him then tell him to bring his girl around so you can teach her what a real man can do to her.
>>
You sound like an asshole.

I'm not saying this guy isn't hard to live with, I believe you.

I just don't think pokemon toys and dude wipes are that big of a deal. I'm a reasonably well adjusted chick, and I wouldn't really care about those things. Theres not such a big distinction between kids stuff and adult stuff these days, so for me an adult guy having some nerdy shit like pokemon isn't much weirder than car models or some other crap I don't give a fuck about. And the wipes? I know a lot of people who use them. I use them too. I think the DUDE WIPESSSS are funny because men who require manly shit are just as bad as women who need pink tools. But still...wouldn't really be a big deal to me.

In fact, a guy having ass wipes would be less off-putting to me than a guy who is so insecure he has to point out that they're his roommate's, not his.

TL;DR You're a douche, but you deserve a roommate you get along with. Go find one.
>>
>>17167595

>i cant have girls over cuz they will see someone elses stuff

what? stop blaming your roommates confidence on your inability to get laid. no girl walks in and says 'WOW YOUR ROOMMATE LIKES POKEMON, BY THE TRANSITIVE PROPERTY THAT MAKES YOU A FUCKING LOSER I GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE THE PAPARAZZI SEES ME'.

if you dont like his mess, talk to him about creating a specific cleaning chart. who cares if he posts stuff on facebook.

for the bidet, talk to him and suggest wet wipes instead.
>>
>>17167660
This advice is fucking badass.

He had a starwars poster hanging up in the living room. Now, I dont really go by the hippie raver lifestyle but I did when I was a bit younger and im into the girls. So I was trying to make my apartment reflect this. I bought some tapestry, he has a starwars poster on the wall. I'm tearing this shit down and putting the tapestry up.

On top of this, he stole some very expensive sunglasses from me once and i found them in his tool box. When i confronted them on this he acted dumb and changed the subject. He has a pokemon n64 in the original box thats his prized possesion. When I move out i'm taking this and burning it, you dont fucking cross me like that when you live with me.

i have zero sexual interest in his gf. shes an obnoxious slob. however, the few times shes been over here, maybe 2 or 3 times, she sat and watched him play video games and would tell him in a pissed off voice that she thought the game was stupid while i sat there and made her laugh the entire time. Keep in mind this is after i have been extremely hostile to her in the past. After an hour of him playing video games and trying to kiss her every 10 minutes she got up and left.

I'm not gonna fuck this stupid ass bitch but i thought that was so fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>17167685
Thanks for the perspective, im gonna live by myself next time, I've had tons of bad roommate experiences and I want to be more independent.
>>
>>17167702

I'm not saying stealing your shit isn't awful. It is.

But you can't compromise on decor? You hang your shit up in space that is yours, he hangs shit up in space that is his. You don't have some kind of understanding about that? My roommate and I sort of have our own areas.
>>
>>17167709
The thing is that he put it up within days of me telling him that i can't stand starwars.

And before everyone here dismisses me as a huge asshole-I am actually a huge nerd too. I have a decent amount of oldschool rpgs that are worth some serious cash, alot of comic books and graphic novels, im a big reader and grew up a big nerd. But there comes a certain age where having this stuff and being presentable and seeming like an adult means not having your dolls and stuffed animals littered throughout the apartment with game informer magazines and mt dew bottles like a highschool kid. Its not even about bringing girls over to my house-yes, that is the issue at hand here, but thats not the root of the problem. I guess I'm just sick of feeling like a kid in highschool and not a grown ass man and I am in every aspect except for my apartment.
>>
>>17167722

Doesn't seem very mature to me to expect your roommate to never have anything he likes in space he lives in. Again, you seriously don't like...have your own sides of rooms or your own desks or something?

I'm not saying the way you're feeling isn't pretty much normal. I'm sure it is. It just seems like being so preoccupied with being a "grown ass man" is kinda silly.

I fucking hate MOBA's of any kind. My roommate has pricey watercolor paintings of DTOA characters. They're above his bed. My douchey indie movie posters are above mine. It's cool.
>>
>>17167595
Girl here. I find you pretty beta that you'd be embarrassed about Pokemon.
>>
>>17167756
Its not even fuckin pokemon at the end of the day, its just that theres so much of it. I've played the original 2 generations of pokemon and enjoyed them. But why do we need boxes of pokemon cologne on display in the living room and store displays decorating the place. All of this stuff is placed where a kitchen table would go. I want to have maybe a girl i'm interested in over with my friend and his girl and have shrimp and lobster night in the near future. This just isn't gonna happen here.
>>
>>17167767

You sound like you really really wanna big a real grown up. Which, okay, I get that, but it reeks of insecurity and it's making you petty.

Tough out the rest of your lease, big guy, and then go find a roommate who is a pretentious as you so you can be real men together.

Yeah, a big store display is a little extreme, but
a. I know a lot of people who, while they might not want one in their own house, would think it was pretty rad.
b. if that's really going to scare of one of these girls you're trying to get with, they're as judgmental and insecure as you are.

Your roommate sounds like a tough guy to live with. But "he's gross and he steals things" is a way more valid complaint than "he likes to have a clean taint and has a visible hobby"
>>
File: adultman.jpg (11 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
adultman.jpg
11 KB, 299x169
ITT
>>
>>17167773
I'm not getting another roommate ever again

and yes i see where youre coming from with the last statement

idk. I guess that I just feel like i'm not living my life up to my standards anymore. I'm gonna tough out the lease and grind in the mean time.

Thanks for giving me advice guys, I think this is the first time I have actually had good responses to a thread on this board.
>>
>>17167595
you are just insecure and judgemental. you only and your friends only think its weird because you associate Pokemon with children, and geeks, if having pokemon shit and playing retro games make him happy, leave him alone, and be happy for him, you are the one allowing yourself to be emotionally bound by his happiness, you are pretty and socially inept. and anyway, why the fuck does it matter if its a bit of a mess? clean it up or tell the girl that its your room mates stuff, its not hard.
>>
>>17167795
read

>>17167722
>I have a decent amount of oldschool rpgs that are worth some serious cash, alot of comic books and graphic novels, im a big reader and grew up a big nerd.
>>
>>17167802
that still doesent mean op isnt insecure about pokemon stuff being on display. if he really has a problem with it, he can make a compromise with his room mate. at the end of the day, his room mate has a right to put up some pokemon shit if he wants, if op is insecure about it, he can simply tell people that its his room mate.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.