[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I politely tell guys I'm talking to that I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Geum urbanum.jpg (41 KB, 500x623) Image search: [Google]
Geum urbanum.jpg
41 KB, 500x623
How do I politely tell guys I'm talking to that I'm a lesbian?
I'm not out-and-proud, and I guess I pass as a straight girl. I don't get too much attention from guys, but when I do, it's really hard for me to tell if they're interested in me, or if they just want to be friends.

I don't know how to mention I'm a lesbian without making it all about me or attention seeking. But because I always just hope the guy isn't interested in me, I've "led on" several guys, and a creepy boss, who I guess assumed I was interested because I never gave enough indication of the contrary. It's really not fun and stressful. Any advice?

On my Facebook it says "interested in women," but I don't know if people actually check that section on a person's profile. I don't really post LGBTQ+ statuses or anything.
>>
I just tell them when it comes up (that is, a guy is asking me out).

Some guys pick it up when I comment on cute girls or they see my phone background idk
>>
>>17166042
>comment on cute girls
I like this one. Thanks!

My problem is that, alas, most of the guys I attract are not macho men, but more sensitive be-friends-first types. They're great to talk to, not so much to fend off. Like, with one, I thought we were friends up to the point that he kissed me. And with my creepy boss, I thought he saw himself as like my uncle until his hands were all over my hips.

Often, when something like that happens, I feel so stupid and guilty for not letting them know sooner that I was a lesbian, that I just play along for a while and then GTFO as soon as I can and cut contact. I guess, like you>>17166042, I need to find better ways to work in liking girls into my daily life so that I don't have to explain myself to every male friend I make.
>>
ow do you know if someone is lesbian? dont worry they will tell you
>>
> it's really hard for me to tell if they're interested in me, or if they just want to be friends.

Okay, let me fill you in on something here really quick. Most guys will not befriend a girl that they don't find attractive and think they may have some chance with. Maybe they wont be in your face hitting on you at that moment but they are almost certainly testing the waters.

What I'm getting at is that it's best to let all guys know that you're only interested in women very early on. If they are doing what most men do -- which is testing the waters -- they will probably fade out fairly quickly. If they are the rare breed of guy that is actually okay with having a chick as a friend or either does not find you attractive in that way, he may not care and stay around as your friend.

Either way, just let guys around you know your preference very quickly after meeting them.

Don't do what others have said and wait for them to ask you out. That can take way too long and they might have already attached a lot of emotions to you.
>>
>>17166363
This poster is right
It sounds like you're attracting the regular kind of "nice guy" hanger-ons, who probably only want to sleep with you. Make your intentions clear without being obnoxious (don't introduce yourself with "I don't want a boyfriend" etc), although expect them to not understand and be retarded about it
You've got to understand that men think with their dicks, even when they don't intend to. A platonic relationship between a man and a woman doesn't happen unless one is incredibly ugly or there's a huge age gap
>>
>>17166072
>I like this one. Thanks!

I should say... it really depends on how you say it tho. Some guys will just interpret you just saying a girl is cute as a normal girl thing, not as a lesbian thing. Also in a similar vein, a coworker backed off after he saw me flirting with a customer~
>>
Assume all men that show you any interest wants to bang you. Except perhaps your dad and other male relatives. perhaps.
>>
>>17166040
"Oh, my ex girlfriend something something something related to what they're saying"

Doesn't even matter if you've had a gf, this is the easiest way to come out to new people
>>
Maybe it's just the people I hang out with, but no one's ever had a problem with, as soon as a guy seems interested, she mentions "I'm into girls."
>>
>>17166040
Why do you have to tell them? Just say "I'm seeing someone" or "I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now"
>>
>>17166489
If he says ME TOO! you can be best friends and help each other get girls
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.