[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with a video game addiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0139_1.jpg (77 KB, 421x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139_1.jpg
77 KB, 421x720
I've been addicted to video games since 2014, is there any way I can get over this addiction without giving up on video games forever?
>>
>>17166010
>addicted
>video games
dude you need to just go outside.
>>
I've been playing games since 1990. I'd say I got addicted around 2000 with Counterstrike and Diablo 2. If I had to guess I put thousands of hours into each game, literally thousands.

I've had a pretty normal life otherwise. Been working for 15 years. Went to college. Been in 7 relationships. 3 of which lasted 1-2 years. Have a social life. Point is you can play a ton of games and have a normal life still.

I don't play as much anymore just because I can't find games I enjoy anymore. I did sink a couple hundred hours into each of the Dark Souls games the last few years.
>>
It's also a problem when you can't stop thinking about them and you dont see your friends often.
>>
>>17166010
Dude. Don't stop completely. I tried. But video games had been a huge part of my childhood/adolescence and quitting caused me to be more depressed.
Its all balance; do it if you enjoy it but get your priorities str8.
>>
say what you will about Awakening but it was the first time I played a game with so much waifufaggotry and actually got into it, they had a girl for literally every shade of moe and much to my surprise that meant there were one or two that I actually liked. The story was pretty good too.

Shame they went of the deep end with its sequel though.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.