[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my texting game weak or am I read too much into this? Haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: imagepart1.png (152 KB, 275x431) Image search: [Google]
imagepart1.png
152 KB, 275x431
Is my texting game weak or am I read too much into this? Haven't heard back from her. Yes I do my xmas shopping early to avoid the crowds.
>>
File: imagepart2.png (65 KB, 272x278) Image search: [Google]
imagepart2.png
65 KB, 272x278
>>17163048
This when I didn't hear back from hear in half hour.
>>
File: 1461819084647.gif (2 MB, 345x260) Image search: [Google]
1461819084647.gif
2 MB, 345x260
I have a cousin who texts like you, he's annoying as fuck.

>long messages/multiple messages at once that say a lot of different things are hard to respond to and also take time to respond to
If you were her, how would you respond to the text you just sent? Would you address every single different thing you just told her? I would just respond something like 'haha cool' because I have no idea what part of that message I'd respond to.
Just tell her you were Christmas shopping and leave it to her to ask why. If you have a lot of things you can tell her then you can use it to actually have a back and forth conversation with her.
Chances are she was busy when she read your message and didn't have time to write a meaningful response. Did you even consider that before you started pestering her about her not responding? At that point you just start sounding needy and if anybody were to say 'Hello anybody there!' to me they'd be lucky to get a response from me at all that isn't just me telling them to fuck off.

>tl;dr - keep your messages shorter, don't tell them too much and don't bug them too much if they don't respond
Also 30 minutes with no response really isn't that bad, you should've just waited little more.
>>
>>17163048
This has to be bait or the most autistic faggot in the world.
>>
File: 1462848744902.gif (2 MB, 418x272) Image search: [Google]
1462848744902.gif
2 MB, 418x272
Idk man.. this may help you tho.
>>
File: HOLY SHIT I'M DROWNING IN TEXT.png (216 KB, 1552x1345) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT I'M DROWNING IN TEXT.png
216 KB, 1552x1345
>>17163143
I dunno, buddy, have you read this manifesto?
>>
>>17163048
Why are you texting her your entire train of thought?
>>
It physically hurt me reading those texts.
>>
>So organised of me!

Pleeeeease shut the fuck up.
>>
>>17163048
as someone who's probably as bad as OP at conversation can I ask someone more normal how they would rephrase that wall of text if it was them?
>>
>>17163180
>Christmas shopping, you?
>>
File: hukex5M.jpg (134 KB, 1024x965) Image search: [Google]
hukex5M.jpg
134 KB, 1024x965
>>17163048
>omg I'M SOOO ORGANIZED!!1 :):)xD
>>
>>17163180
Not much, Christmas shopping. About to watch some Breaking Bad. How about you?

Everything else is unnecessary filler that only people 50 or older would include. The OP is written like my grandmother's emails.
>>
>>17163183
This desu

You're a man, not a novelist
>>
>>17163183
>>17163188
Thanks guys. If it's not too much to ask, how would you answer such a question? I hate smalltalk but I really need to figure it out.
>>
>>17163201
SMALL talk. That's the point. Not wall of text with old timey elaboration talk. Two sentences at best. If you honestly can't figure out how normal people your age are supposed to talk, you need to go park yourself at a highly trafficked public place where people your age are, and listen. It's not hard to figure out how basic people are.
>>
>>17163201
I mean personally I'd just say something like
>oh nice. Not much, just been catching up on some sleep

or something like that. I just don't see how people turn this into a conversation.
>>
>>17163201
Personally I'd ask why he's doing Christmas shopping at this time of the year and that could spiral off into whatever from there
>>
>>17163206
People manage to keep it up for ages though.
>>
>>17163211
Yeah, because being vague gives you room to switch topics or continue the topic you have. This shit in the OP is useless. May as well talk to yourself.
>>
you sound neurotic. When someone asks you 'what's up' in a text keep in short and concise, they're not asking you to blog at them.

that text was a 4/5 on the cringe factor
>>
boom
>>
>>17163048
Too much information
When someone greets you with "How are you?" they do NOT want a medical report. They're just saying "Hi"

And when someone says "What's up?" they do not want a minute-by-minute account of your day. "Nothing much. I did some shopping and now I'm just sitting around" was the right answer.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-20+at+02.39.12).jpg (179 KB, 700x1064) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-20+at+02.39.12).jpg
179 KB, 700x1064
Honestly I though I was bad with texting.

This is a whole new level of idiocy
>>
Are you really fucking Christmas shopping in May? People who do that shit are weird as fuck. I wouldn't talk to you either.
>>
>>17163048
20 minutes..... 20 fucking minutes and you're pestering and making accusations. apart from the unnecessarily pathetic life details learn that people aren't working to your special needs timetable.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.