[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out, /adv/. I had a whole thing written out, but I suppose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1460840313048.gif (3 MB, 222x379) Image search: [Google]
1460840313048.gif
3 MB, 222x379
Help me out, /adv/.

I had a whole thing written out, but I suppose you don't need all of those details no matter how well it paints the picture.

Anyway, my best friend recently had a girl come into his life. She moved across the country to live with him. Problem is, my friend is in no situation to have a girl move in with him and the girl in question is even worse off than he is. His family and our other friends all agree with me that this girl is no good for him, but given the situation, we can't exactly tell him to give her the boot. No one has spoken up yet (partially because she doesn't leave his side), but I feel like it's up to me.

I don't want to make assumptions, but I sense that my friend himself feels trapped in this relationship. I suppose I could go more into detail if people really want.

How would I go about this with hurting as little feelings as possible? I don't want to pass off as nosy or intolerant, but If I gotta I will.
>>
just tell him look dude you are too fucked up to be with a girl and this girl is too fucked up to be with a guy so like just end it.
>>
>>17156747
Well, if she moved in with him, apparently he is in fact in a situation where he can have someone move in with him. Because it's already happened.

If there's some reason why her living there is going to be unsustainable for him the way he is now, then I guess either it's going to be a problem pretty soon and something is going to change, or he (and she) are going to figure out how to make it work.

If you really believe that what he's doing is self-destructive (and why is that?) then say something to him. Otherwise, assuming they're adults, it's not really anyone else's business. Let them figure it out and stay out of it.
>>
>>17156747
Do you happen to know how they met. I might know the girl
>>
Replying for OP, computer troubles, requested a copypasta

>>17156829
They were both avid Animal Crossing players on Tumblr.
>>17156783
You are right about her moving in for sure, but the circumstances are that my friend is still a dependent living with his parents at 22.

Neither of them have ever had jobs (at least I believe so on the girlfriend's part) or a car/driver's license. My friend is in college at least, but his girlfriend is showing no initiative.

It's only working because my friend's parents are providing for them. Although I believe its self-destructive in the sense that I'm witnessing my friend near-constantly waiting at the hands and feet of and being emotionally and financially pressured by her.
>>
>>17156935
I think what you do aint all that bad. But if they are with eachother they are not going to break because a good friend told him. He will feel betrayed.

It also seems like the parents should play a role in this.

Pfcourse, you can say what you think about the topic.

Hey froend, i want to talk to you. Lately i see this and this changes, i look at it at this way and in my vieuw these things are a good foundation on a relationship. I just want you two to succeed.

Its nkt your buisness how to tackle it. Its not your job to keep the friendship alive (in the future) if he doesnt respond.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.