[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend leaves me money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Hey, trying to process this. Could use some input.

My girlfriend will just leave me money when she leaves after spending the night+eating some of my food. Never to my face anymore b/c I usually decline it and make her take it back (unless she REALLY feels I deserve it, I won't argue it for too long haha)

It makes me feel bad because I'm making a lot more money than her - it's really no big deal to feed an extra mouth to me. I feed my poorer friends all the time on our outings. I don't like her feeling like she needs to pay me for these things? She pays for a little less than half of our dinners (I usually eat a lot more than her, and prefer the nicer places). Basically I'm financially secure, and she's still dependent on her parents (we're both young btw, not saying that's the issue).

So, am I crazy for not taking free money, or what?
>>
bamp. No thoughts?
>>
If you can afford everything you can practically want (no yachts or anything crazy like that), then no. Having some pride is a nice thing.
>>
>>17156028
it is odd that she does that. maybe she feels really insecure about the income inequality. I guess I would if I lived with my folks and was dating someone who lived on their own. in my experience, many poor people that *don't* develop a "muh benefits/gibe monies" mentality end up feeling really self-conscious about their lack of buying power and can develop a really strong aversion to anything that even resembles charity. I used to be like this. it's a way of preserving dignity in hard times, but it can sometimes go too far and damage relationships with people who are just trying to help, too.

maybe you could just keep an envelope and always put the money in there. then give it back to her at an opportune time. a great time would be when she's getting ready to move out of her parents' house, give it to her for moving expenses. if she protests, you could tell a white lie just once and say that you did need to use a bit of it for idk, car repairs or something.
>>
>>17156028
write thank you/love notes every time you accept her money
>>
>>17156088
This is a great idea, thank you anon. I think that is where she is coming from because she is indeed prideful and definitely not an idiot with her money. We talked about how she wants to start paying her parents rent and how she wants to move into her own place before moving in with me (she wants to make sure she can be self reliant).

I'm going to use your envelope idea. And your notes idea >>17156095 - not that sappy though lol.

Thank you guys
>>
>>17156028
probably because her last boyfriend called her a golddigger
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.